Best Neurosurgeons in India
Following is a list of the most reputed & experienced Neurosurgeons in India.
*If you need any help from us, please fill the contact form at the bottom of the page. You may also chat with us on WhatsApp or Telegram by clicking the chat buttons below the page. Wishing you the best!
- Dr. S K Rajan is a renowned AO International Certified spine surgeon.
- He specializes in open as well as minimally invasive spinal surgeries and has performed over 3000 complex spinal surgeries for diseases and disorders.
- His expertise lies in Craniovertebral Junction and Lumbosacral Junction surgeries and is also an expert in spinal fracture surgeries, slipped discs, canal stenosis and surgery for spinal tumors and spinal tuberculosis.
- He holds an extensive experience of 15+ years during which he has performed numerous complex and high risk spinal surgeries.
- He is highly trained in all forms of spinal surgeries and holds Fellowship of the International World Federation of Neurosurgeons which has been achieved by very few surgeons in the world.
- Dr. Rajan is known to use MISS for his procedures in order to reduce the recovery time as well minimize the incision and cuts.
- He is well known throughout the world in the field of Neurosurgery for his innovative surgical techniques in the treatment of complex spinal disorders primarily for craniovertebral and lumbosacral junctions.
- He is member of various medical associations and is regularly invited to scientific conferences and seminars all over the world to deliver talks and lectures.
- He has presented numerous papers in global neurosurgical and spine surgery platforms and meetings and has received appreciations from his peers as well.
- Dr. Rajan has also attended workshops where he has demonstrated live surgeries for the purpose of teaching young spinal surgeons.
- He has to his credit numerous publications in renowned national and international journals and has also written text books on spine surgeries.
- Dr. Sandeep Vaishya is a renowned Neurosurgeon in India currently functioning as the Director of Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, India.
- With over 21 years of proficient experience in the field of advanced neurosurgery, he has closely worked with some of the top-notch institutes and hospitals in India.
- He is regarded as one of the top surgeons Gamma Knife Surgery in South Africa and is also considered a renowned surgeon for branchial plexus injuries
- Dr. Aditya Gupta is the one top Neurosurgeons in India functioning as the Chief of the Department of Neurosurgery & CNS Radiosurgery and Co-Chief of Cyberknife Centre at the Artemis Hospitals in Gurugram, India.
- He graduated from the All India Institute of Medical Science as the batch topper and has over 40 successful scientific publications to his name.
- He co-founded the Institute of Neurosciences at Medanta and functioned there as the Additional Director of the Department of Neurosurgery.
- He is an active member of Congress of Neurological Surgeons (US), Neurological Society of India, International Gamma Knife Society Treasurer, Indian Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, Skull Base Surgery Society.
- Dr. Rana Patir is one of the most experienced and highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. He is also an immensely accomplished spine surgeon.
- He holds an extensive experience of 23+ years as a neurosurgeon and has performed more than 10,000 neuro surgical procedures till date.
- He is an expert in all kinds of neuro and spine surgeries with specialization in minimally invasive brain and spine surgery, Epilepsy surgery, pediatric neurosurgery and neurovasculatr surgery.
- His expertise also lies in several other brain and spine procedures such as Stereotactic surgeries, deep brain stimulation surgery, Brain Aneurysms, cervical and lumbar disc replacement surgery and cranio-vertebral junction surgery.
- Dr. Patir is among the few neurosurgeons in India to specialize in complex brain tumor surgeries and has performed several such complex and advanced surgeries in his career.
- Prior to joining FMRI, Dr. Patir has worked with other prestigious hospitals in India that include AIIMS, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Max Healthcare
- Along with his practice, he has also spent years in teaching and training under graduate and post graduate students in neurosurgery during his stint at AIIMS and Sir Ganga Ram.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical institutes and has numerous published articles, abstracts and papers to his credit in renowned medical journals.
- Completing over 9000 successful neurological procedures, and still counting, Dr. Sudhir Tyagi is one of the top-notch names in India, diligently catering to neurological assistance with his vast knowledge and adept expertise.
- Dr. Tyagi pioneered the functional stereotactic surgery programme at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi and has since then successfully performed a large number of Deep Brain Stimulation surgeries and ablative surgeries. In fact, he is the first neurosurgeon to use Image Fusion Technique to localize targets in the Deep part of brain to perform functional stereotactic surgeries. He has great experience in all types of brain and spine surgeries.
- He started his medical journey with the prestigious King George Medical College in Lucknow and completed his neurosurgery training at the premier All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- He further underwent specialized training in the fields of neurovascular and skull base surgery at clinical center Ljubljana, Slovenia, completed his Stereotactic Functional Neurosurgery training at St. Vincent Hospital Sydney and his hands-on training of Spinal Cord Stimulation at San Francisco USA.
- He is currently working with Indraprastha Hospital with 25+ years of potent experience.
- Dr. Bipin Walia is one of the most famous neurosurgeons in India, currently functioning as the Senior Director of Neurosurgery at Max Specialty Hospital in Saket, New Delhi.
- Dr Bipin Walia has performed over 7000 successful neurosurgeries so far.
- He earned his MBBS and MS (General Surgery) degree from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, followed by which his, M.Ch(Neurosurgery) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- He has over 20 years of experience with his outstanding performance earning him quite some rewards and recognition.
- Dr. Anil Kumar Kansal is a well known neuro and spine surgeon in Delhi with over 2 decades of experience.
- He is a highly trained and skilled neurosurgeon specializing in minimally invasive spine surgeries, endoscopic neurosurgery, Functional Neurosurgery and micro neurosurgery.
- Till date he has performed over 10,000 neurosurgical procedures including 4500 brain surgeries, 500 endoscopic brain surgeries, 2000 spine surgeries, 400 aneurysms and 500 anterior cervical microdiscectomy with 60 disc replacement procedures.
- Dr. Kansal holds great skills in aneurysm clippings, neuro modulation, epilepsy and neuro vascular surgery and has handled several such types of cases in his career.
- He holds memberships of various neurological organizations and is a highly respected member of Neurosurgery in India.
- He has attended numerous conferences, seminars and meetings across the globe and presented papers and abstracts. He has delivered talks on how advancements can be made in the field of neuro surgery and spine surgery and has been greatly appreciated for his dedication and contributions.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad is one of the most experienced Neurosurgeon and Spine surgeons in India.
- He received his trainings in Neurosurgery from the UK and holds an experience of more than 3 decades of experience in the field.
- He is an expert in all neuro and spine surgeries that includes micro neurosurgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, surgery for degenerative spine diseases, surgery for brain and spine trauma and neuro tumor surgeries.
- Prior to joining Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Dr. Prasad has spent most of his years in the UK in various hospitals both practicing and training in neuro and spine surgery.
- At Indraprastha he is credit to having started the neuro-spine surgery department and has helped extensively in making it one of the best centers of neurosurgery in India.
- He is an expert neurosurgeon and has brought in years of skills and experience in the treatment of every patient with utmost care.
- Dr V.P. Singh is a renowned Neurosurgeon with over 30 years of veteran experience. His competence in cranial, spinal, and peripheral nerves has helped him successfully perform 400+ Intracranial Aneurysm surgical procedures.
- Dr. Singh has also been credited for initiating the Gamma Knife Unit and epilepsy surgery program in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He is proactively involved in the treatment of arteriovenous malformations by radiosurgery techniques and is currently the chairman of Institute of Neurosciences, Medanta.
- He is also a proud member of Journal of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurological Society of India, Secretary of Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery, President of Indian Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery and Executive Committee of Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- Dr. (Prof.) V.S. Mehta is a leading Neurosurgeon in India and is considered among the best neurosurgeons of the world.
- He holds an experience of over 4 decades in the field and is an expert in Brachial Plexus surgery, brain stem surgery, spinal tumor surgery, brain aneurysms and brain tumor surgery.
- He has been honored with the Padma Shri for his dedication and contributions to neurosurgery and spine surgery in India.
- Currently associated with Paras Hospital in Gurgaon, Dr. Mehta had a major hand in starting the department of Neurosciences and has been serving as the Chairman of the unit since its inception.
- In Paras he has been part of the team to first use the Image Guided Brain Tumor Navigation Technology for Brain tumor surgery in India.
- He has earlier been associated with other prestigious hospitals where he has performed some of the most advanced and complex neurosurgeries.
- Dr. Mehta has been instrumental in bringing out innovative techniques in neurosurgery and has been working towards in delivering 100% accurate results with minimum complications.
- His primary area of focus lies in Brachial Plexus surgery and is considered one of the best in the procedure. He has delivered excellent results in all of his neurosurgical procedures among which brain stem tumor and aneurysms surgeries are his speciality.
- Being a pioneer in the field of neurosurgery, Dr. Mehta has numerous researches and clinical trials to his credit. His works have also been published in renowned national and international medical and scientific journals.