Designation of Dr. Vipul Gupta
Dr. Vipul Gupta
Chief – Neurointerventional Surgery & Co-Chief Stroke Unit
Artemis Hospital , Gurugram, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Vipul Gupta
- Dr. Vipul Gupta is a renowned Neurointerventional surgeon in India with over 3 decades of experience in the field.
- He is one of the most highly experienced and skilled interventional neurologists in India with expertise in AVMs, Intracranial Aneurysms embolization, tumor embolization, and angioplasty.
- He holds the credit of performing over 300 brain AVM procedures and more than 1000 intracranial aneurysms along with 100 DAVF procedures for the endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations.
- Dr. Gupta has received specialized training in various neuro-interventional procedures from prestigious institutes under the guidance of renowned neurosurgeons and has used the learning and knowledge for the endovascular treatment of neuro and spinal disorders.
- He specializes in stenting of arterial stenosis as well as carotid stenting and intra- arterial thrombolysis for acute stroke. His expertise also lies in neurovascular imaging techniques and procedures.
- Dr. Vipul Gupta has a great interest in research activities and holds the credit of over 45 publications in renowned national and international medical journals along with 7 chapters in medical textbooks.
- Prior to joining Artemis, he has been associated with other prestigious neurosurgical centers all over the country such as Max Institute of Neurosciences and Medanta– The Medicity, Gurugram.
- He is a highly recognized member of the neurological society and holds memberships in several international and national associations.
- Dr. Gupta is a regular invitee at national and international conferences and medical seminars and has presented 40+ papers on such platforms. He also organizes workshops and CMEs for Interventional Neurology and actively takes part in wellness and awareness programs.
Dr. Vipul Gupta’s Expertise
- Neurointerventional surgery
- Angioplasty and Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty
- Brain aneurysm surgery
- Cerebral and Spinal AVM Embolization
- Cerebral vasospasm
- Digital Subtraction Angiography
- Embolization of tumors
- Intra arterial interventions using thrombolysis
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Mechanical recanalization
- Neurovascular Imaging- MRA, CTA, Catheter angiography, and perfusion imaging
- Spinal Angiography
- Tran cranial Doppler
- Treatment of intracranial aneurysms
Work Experience of Dr. Vipul Gupta
- Head of Interventional Neuroradiology at Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram from 2009 to 2016
- Head of Interventional Neuroradiology, Max Institute of Neurosciences from 2005 to 2009
- Associate Professor of Neurointerventional Radiology and Neurointerventional Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 2005
- Assistant Professor of Neuroradiology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences from 2001 to 2005
- Senior Resident of Neurointerventional Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences from 1997 to 2001
Dr. Vipul Gupta’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- MD in Radio diagnosis from Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
Memberships of Dr. Vipul Gupta
- Society of Neurointerventional Surgery
- Society of Therapeutic Neurointerventions
- World Federation of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology
- Indian Society of Neurointerventions
- Indian Society of Neuroradiology
- Indian Radiology and Imaging Association
- Neurological Society of India
- Indian Stroke Association
- Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Delhi Neurological Association
- Delhi Medical Association
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Vipul Gupta
- Recognition Award from Max Healthcare Institute Limited in 2008
- Medical Specialities Award from Indian Medical Association in 2007
- Listed in Top 10 Young Surgeons in Hindustan Times in 2007
- Received the “Distinguished Service Award” from the Indian Medical Association and Academy of Medical Specialities in 2007
- Received the Best Poster Award at the Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology and Indian Society of Neuroradiology Annual Conference in 2003
- Received the Best Paper Award for Neuroradiology at the Vascular and Interventional Radiology Joint Annual Conference in 1999