Best Bariatric Surgeons in India
Following is a list of the most reputed & experienced Bariatric Surgeons in India.
*If you need any help from us, please fill the contact form at the bottom of the page. You may also chat with us on WhatsApp or Telegram by clicking the chat buttons below the page. Wishing you the best!
- Dr. Ajay Kumar Kriplani has the credit of being the first in India to perform laparoscopic adrenalectomy and laparoscopic splenectomy and performing the first laparoscopic Whipple’s pancreaticoduodenectomy in North India and he is one of the best laparoscopic surgeons in Delhi and Gurugram.
- Dr. Kriplani has been invited as a faculty for 395 live demonstrations, Guest lectures, orations, and keynote addresses at conferences in various Indian cities and outside India e.g. Rome, Hongkong, Kualalumpur, Singapore, Tashkent, Dubai, Kathmandu, Dhaka, etc.
- Dr. Arun Prasad is one of the world’s finest Bariatric & Laparoscopic surgeons having an experience of over 7000 laparoscopic operations.
- Dr. Prasad has done the world’s first Laparoscopic operation on the Gall Bladder fistula with the large intestine, which is recognized over the world in eminent medical journals. He is known for performing the world’s first Thoracoscopic removal of the Hydatid cyst of the lungs, as well.
- With over 20 years of experience in surgery including Laparoscopic, Bariatric & G I Surgery, Dr. Rashmi Pyasi has vast experience of scar less, single incision laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- Shas did pioneering work in the super-specialty of coloproctology having a rare distinction of performing over 1000 MIPH (stapled hemorrhoidectomy).
- She also specializes in the treatment of female surgical disorders, including laparoscopic (incisional) hernia repairs, weight loss surgery, and breast disorders.
- In 1994 after returning from the UK, Dr. Anil Sharma worked at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- He was associated with the founding of the Department of Minimal Access Surgery since its inception in 1996.
- Dr. Anil Sharma has a special interest in the surgical management of abdominal wall hernias, a subject on which he has conducted numerous operative workshops, throughout his career.
- He has also lectured extensively worldwide and contributed several chapters in International publications.
- Dr. Saket Goel is one of the best Gastroenterologists in India providing healthcare facilities to patients for the last 24 years. He is connected with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals.
- Dr. Goel keeps up with the latest surgical trends to serve better. He specializes in minimal access surgery, bariatric surgery, colorectal surgery, and laparoscopic surgery.
- In addition to proficiency in a wide range of regular and emergency surgeries, Dr. Goel works to create awareness for colorectal cancer and also has penned many papers and articles in reputed national and international journals. He offers surgical training to postgraduates, interns, undergraduates, nursing students, etc.
- Dr. Bijendra Kumar Sinha is a highly skilled laparoscopic and GI surgeon with an extensive experience in advanced laparoscopic GI Surgery.
- He has done more than 7000 laparoscopic surgeries including lap hernia surgeries, lap GI surgeries, and lap solid organ surgeries.
- He has got hands-on training in MIPH for piles surgery and STARR procedure for partial prolapse and obstructive defecation syndrome by Dr. Antonio Longo inventor of the procedure.
- Dr. Manish Baijal is an experienced, proficient, and renowned Bariatric Surgeon and the credit for doing scarless neck surgery for Thyroid and Para Thyroid Diseases for the first time goes to him.
- He also performs surgery for Morbid Obesity (Weight Loss) and Metabolic Disorders (Bariatric Surgery) with much dexterity.
- He has acquired great fame for performing surgery on abdominal Wall Hernias. Besides these, he also does Biliary surgeries like Gall Bladder Stone, Common Bile Duct Surgery, etc.
- Dr. Ashish Vashishtha is one of the most reputable Bariatric and Laparoscopic surgeons in India who has over 20 years of experience in his field.
- He has performed over 100 bariatric surgeries in his career so far and is proficient in Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass, Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic Mini Gastric Bypass, and Revision surgeries. Apart from his medical performance.
- Dr. Faisal Mumtaz is a General Surgeon based in New Delhi and has an experience of 23 years in this field.
- Dr. Faisal Mumtaz practices at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- He completed his MBBS from Aligarh Muslim University in 1991 and MS – General Surgery from Aligarh Muslim University in 1994.
- He is a member of the Association of surgeries of India and Laparoscopic treatment of cholecystogastric fistula, Surgical Laparoscopy, and Endoscopy.
- Some of the services provided by Dr. Faisal Mumtaz are Piles Surgery, Endosurgery, Incisional Hernia, Breast Reduction Surgery, Vaser Liposuction, etc.
- Dr. Pradeep Chowbey is an internationally known pioneering laparoscopic surgeon, who has over 45 years of surgical experience. Throughout his career, he has trained over 20,000 surgeons from around the world in minimally invasive surgeries.
- He is one of the first to perform laparoscopic cholecystectomy in North India and the first to perform MAFT (Minimally Invasive Fistula Technology) in the Asia Pacific Region. He has graphed his career with singular determination to develop, evaluate, and propagate Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery in India, and the Asian subcontinent.
- His Institute at Max Healthcare was the first to receive the Center of excellence accreditations in India for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, Hernia Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, USA (2011-2014)