Profile Snapshot of Dr. Vandana Soni
- Dr. Vandana Soni has been practicing Laparoscopic surgery since the year 1996.
- She worked as a Consultant in the Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery Center at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi prior to joining Max Healthcare as a Senior Consultant Surgeon.
- She has worked hard with singular determination and successfully created her own niche in the field of surgery.
- She is a life member of multiple associations such as the Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA), the Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI), and Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- She has also been awarded the Sri Laxmi Ramachandran Trophy for her exemplary devotion to duty.
Dr. Vandana Soni’s Expertise
- Common Surgical conditions
- Endoscopic (scarless) neck surgery for thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Endoscopic management of anorectal diseases including hemorrhoids, fissures, anal fistulas
- Fissure, Fistula and Piles Treatment
- Gall Bladder Stones
- Gall bladder surgery
- Hernia surgery (umbilical, incisional, groin)
- Obesity & weight loss surgery (Bariatric)
- Obesity Surgery
- Scarless Neck Surgery
- Surgery for gastroesophageal reflux
- Thyroid & Parathyroid
Work Experience of Dr. Vandana Soni
- Registrar at the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kalavati Saran Children’s Hospital from 1995 to 96
- Consultant at Department of Minimal Access Surgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from 2001 to 2009
- Senior Consultant at Institute of MAMBS, Max Hospital, Saket from 2009 till present
- Sr. Consultant to Director at Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, Max Hospital, Saket since 2009
- Registrar & Clinical Assistant to Consultant at Sir Ganga Ram, 1996 to 2009
Dr. Vandana Soni’s Qualifications
- MBBS from University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi in 1990
- MS – General Surgery from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi in 1995
Memberships of Dr. Vandana Soni
- Life member of the Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA)
- Life member of Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- Life member of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Life member of Hernia Society of India (H.S.I.)
- Life member of the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES)
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Vandana Soni
- Sri Raja Laxmi Ramachandran Trophy for exemplary devotion to duty in 1993-94
- Best paper award titled “Endoneck Surgery”, Fourth Congress of IAGES 2000, Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai
- ‘Surgeon of Excellence’ award by Surgical Review Corporation, USA