Best Neurologists in India
Following is a list of the most reputed & experienced Neurologists in India.
*If you need any help from us, please fill the contact form at the bottom of the page. You may also chat with us on WhatsApp or Telegram by clicking the chat buttons below the page. Wishing you the best!
- Dr. Vineet Bhushan Gupta is a renowned pediatric neurologist with nearly three decades of experience in treating neurological disorders in children.
- Currently, he is practicing as a senior consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Gupta is a certified fellow in Pediatric Neurology from London and the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital of Liverpool.
- Dr. Vineet Bhushan Gupta specializes in Spinal fusion surgery. He also treats Spondylolisthesis, Epilepsy, pediatric stroke, Disc Desiccation, Spinal Stenosis, Fractured vertebrae, Herniated Disc, Disc Degeneration, Scoliosis, and developmental problems.
- Dr. Gupta has authored numerous research papers and studies that have appeared in a host of medical journals.
- Dr. Puneet Agarwal is one of the renowned neurologists in India known for his outstanding performance in the field of neuroscience.
- He is considered to be one of the first few doctors to successfully complete the Inflammatory Genes study in stroke patients and IV Valproate in status epilepticus.
- Dr. Agarwal is highly experienced in the Management of Parkinson’s disease, Deep Brain Stimulation, and Injection of Botulinum Toxin and is currently functioning as the Director of the Neurology Department of Stroke.
- Dr. Mukul Varma is one of the best Neurologists in India, specialized in treating brain and spine disorders. With over 27 years of experience, the doctor has expertise in Parkinson’s disease, Speech and movement disorder, headache, and multiple sclerosis treatment.
- He is working as a senior consultant Neurologist with the prestigious Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Varma is excellent at diagnosing and providing holistic treatment for meningitis, brain stroke, epilepsy, brain cancer, and many others. The doctor also performs stereotactic procedures for Brachial Plexus injuries.
- He has contributed 20 literary works to medical journals of national and international repute.
- Dr. Anoop Kohli is one of the well-known Neurologists in India, having 42 years of clinical experience.
- He is interested in the treatment of Migraine, Brain Haemorrhage, Paralysis, Parkinson’s disease, Stroke, Paraplegia, Fits, and Meningitis.
- Dr. Kohli is a senior consultant at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, and a pioneer, who first devised an intravenous thrombolytic treatment and developed the first Trans-Cranial Doppler Lab of India at Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- Dr. Anoop Kohli is excellent at surgical intervention and therapies. He has contributed 40 publications to national and international journals.
- Dr. Sumit Singh is a well known Neurologist in India currently associated with Artemis Hospital in Gurgaon as the Director of the department of Neurology.
- He has an experience of 20+ years and specializes in the treatment and management of headache and movement disorders.
- He is the first Neurologist in India to introduce Botulinium toxin for the treatment of headache in 2002 and also used it for trigeminal neuralgia treatment.
- He has years of knowledge and experience in the treatment of neuromuscular disorders and is one of the best neurologists for the management of patients who have undergone Deep Brain Stimulation surgery.
- Dr. Singh is known to be the best for the planning and management of patients with Parkinson’s disease. He also provides treatment for patients suffering from Multiple sclerosis, Myasthenia gravis and Polymyositis.
- He has been associated with other prestigious hospitals before joining Artemis that includes All India Institute of Medical Sciences where he established the first Headache Clinic in North India. He also had an important role in starting the unit of Neuromuscular Disorders in the hospital.
- A member of esteemed medical societies and associations, he is equally interested in research and has been actively involved in clinical trials for Myasthenia gravis and Multiple sclerosis.
- Dr. Singh has also taught and trained several undergraduate and post graduate students and was a Faculty of Neurology during his stint at AIIMS.
- He holds credit of over 100 publications to his name in world renowned medical and scientific journals and has also authored and co authored several text books on neurology.
- Dr. Vipul Gupta is one of the most highly experienced and skilled interventional neurologists in India with expertise in AVMs, Intracranial Aneurysms embolization, tumor embolization, and angioplasty.
- He holds the credit of performing over 300 brain AVM procedures and more than 1000 intracranial aneurysms along with 100 DAVF procedures for the endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations.
- Dr. Gupta specializes in stenting of arterial stenosis as well as carotid stenting and intra- arterial thrombolysis for acute stroke. His expertise also lies in neurovascular imaging techniques and procedures.
- Dr. (Prof.) V S Mehta is a leading Neurosurgeon in India and is considered among the best neurosurgeons in the world.
- He holds an experience of over 4 decades in the field and is an expert in Brachial Plexus surgery, brain stem surgery, spinal tumor surgery, brain aneurysms, and brain tumor surgery.
- He has been honored with the Padma Shri for his dedication and contributions to neurosurgery and spine surgery in India.
- In Paras Dr. V S Mehta has been part of the team to first use the Image-Guided Brain Tumor Navigation Technology for Brain tumor surgery in India.
- Dr. Pranav Kumar is one of the best Neurosurgeons in India, having a good success record of over 27 years in performing deep-rooted tumors in the skull.
- Since 1996, Dr. Kumar has been working as a senior consultant neurosurgeon at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Pranav Kumar is skilled in surgeries for brain tumors deep-seated at the base of the skull and aneurysms affecting the cerebrovascular system.
- Dr. Kumar specializes in performing the complex ‘Auditory Brainstem Implant,’ where a Bionic device is inserted in the brainstem to recover the hearing capacity in deaf patients who cannot be treated with a cochlear implant.
- He completed microsurgery training at the National Neurosurgical Centre at Beaumont Hospital in Ireland.
- With 18+ years of experience in the field of neurology, Dr. Mukesh Kumar is one of the most prominent names in neuroscience, renowned for his expertise in the treatment of diseases like Myasthenia Gravis, Parkinson’s Disease, Botulism, and Movement Disorders.
- He is Gold Medalist in MBBS from Banaras Hindu University, India.
- Dr. Veena Kalra is one of the renowned Paediatric Neurologists in India who has garnered much respect for her contribution to a new area of Pediatrics which is Pediatric Neurology for the country.
- She practices as a senior consultant at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- The President of India has awarded Dr. Veena Kalra three medals for her work in treating kids with critical illnesses and contributions to the field of pediatrics.
- She has a passion for Malnutrition and brain development, Neurocysticercosis, Childhood Epilepsy, Childhood Cirrhosis, Neuro Infections, and Neurometabolic & Neurogenetic disorders.
- Dr. Kalra not only treated children during her 37 years of practice, but she also gained experience in teaching and leading the Pediatric department.
- Dr. Veena Kalra contributed significantly towards the research on Indian childhood cirrhosis, neurocysticercosis, learning disabilities, epilepsies, neurometabolic and neurogenetic illnesses, and lead poisoning.