Best Nephrologists (Kidney Specialists) in India
Following is a list of the most reputed & experienced Nephrologists in India.
*If you need any help from us, please fill the contact form at the bottom of the page. You may also chat with us on WhatsApp or Telegram by clicking the chat buttons below the page. Wishing you the best!
- Dr. Salil Jain is considered one of the best nephrologists in Gurugram and the Delhi region.
- He is the director of the Department of Nephrology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram, and has more than 21 years of experience.
- Dr. Salil Jain is an exceptional clinician having several national and international publications to his credit.
- Dr. Colonel Akhil Mishra is currently working as Sr. Consultant, Nephrology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. He is known for establishing the Department of Nephrology and Transplant at Apollo Hospital in 1995. He has more than 35 years of experience in this field.
- Prior to this he was working in the Army Medical Corps for 28 years (1965-1993), where he held the position of Senior Advisor in Medicine and Nephrology.
- Dr. Akhil Mishra is also known for conducting the First Kidney Transplant of the Indian Armed Forces at Army Hospital, Delhi in 1991.
- Dr. Mishra took pre mature retirement at the rank of Colonel in the year 1993. Subsequently, he established the Department of Nephrology in Escorts Research & Referral Hospital.
- He had been awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal by the President of India in 1980. He started the first kidney transplant in Army and Apollo Hospital, Delhi.
- Throughout his career, Dr. Akhil Mishra has been awarded Star Performer Consultant three times, at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Jan 2013, Sept 2014 & Jan 2015.
- Dr. Mishra has also been honored in 2013, by His Holiness the Dalai Lama for his dedicated work in the field of Kidney transplantation.
- He was also felicitated by the Indian Society of Nephrology (North Zone) with the Life Time achievement Award in Nephrology on 23rd Jan.2015 for his huge contribution to the growth of Nephrology.
- Dr. Sidharth Kumar Sethi is one of the well-known nephrologists in the NCR region and has been actively involved in the care of children with all kinds of complex renal disorders, including nephrotic syndrome, tubular disorders, urinary tract infections, hypertension, chronic kidney disease, and renal transplantation.
- Dr. Sidharth Kumar Sethi has been a part of an 8-member writing committee for the guidelines of Steroid Sensitive Nephrotic Syndrome and an Expert committee involved in the formulation of guidelines for Pediatric Renal Disorders including Steroid Resistant Nephrotic Syndrome and urinary tract infections.
- Dr. Sunil Prakash is one of the best nephrologists in Delhi. Services offered by him are the diagnosis and treatment of urinary infections, nephritis, kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, and cystic kidney diseases stand out.
- He also guides, indicate,s and monitors the treatment of hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and kidney transplantation.
- The key specialties of Dr. Sunil Prakash are Dialysis and Renal Failure. Today, he is considered one of the top nephrologists in Delhi for kidney transplants.
- Dr. Sanjiv Jasuja is a Nephrologist & Transplant Physician at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, and at Apollo Hospitals, Noida. Along with an MBBS, his educational qualifications include an MD in Medicine, a DNB in Nephrology, and an MNAMS in Nephrology.
- His 22 years of medical practice are highlighted by his memberships in various prestigious national and international medical societies including the Indian Society of Nephrology, Indian Society of Organ Transplant, Indian Society of Critical Care, Indian Society of Clinical Research, International Society of Nephrology, and European Dialysis & Transplant Society.
- Dr. Sanjiv Jasuja maintains a dedicated medical practice which is evident by his busy schedule in switching between the two branches of Apollo Hospitals, which he manages efficiently. Due to his firm hand and calm demeanor during operations, he has earned a respect among his patients which is evident by his high patient satisfaction rate.
- Dr. D K Agarwal is a well-known nephrologist, who is currently associated with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, as a Senior Consultant in Nephrology. For over 20 years, he has been involved in nephrology, with indoor as well as outdoor patients.
- He specializes in Renal Transplant, hemodialysis, CAPD, and all kidney problems and diseases along with critical kidney patients with emergency management.
- Dr. Agarwal also specializes in handling kidney patients due to Diabetes and Hypertension. He has also published 59 papers national and international.
- Dr. Agarwal is also a life member of several renowned societies such as the Association of Physicians of India; Indian Society of Electrocardiology; Indian Society of Nephrology; Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, Hyderabad Transplant forum, and Indian Association of Clinical Medicine 1994.
- Dr. Kailash Nath Singh is one of the best Nephrologists working in New Delhi.
- Dr. K.N. Singh is currently working as a leading Senior Consultant in Nephrology & Multi-Organ Transplant unit at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- He has also been felicitated recently by his Holiness “DALAI LAMA” for his excellent work in Kidney Transplants.
- Dr. Shyam B Bansal is Associate Director in Medanta’s Institute of Nephrology and Kidney Transplant.
- He is also known for establishing the department of Nephrology at Medical College Gwalior in 2006.
- Apart from that, Dr. Bansal has published extensively in the field of kidney transplantation and also has the honor of publishing the first case report of kidney transplantation in an HIV-positive patient in India.
- Dr. Dinesh Khullar with an experience of over 25 years as a renal transplant physician, has been associated with over 5000 successful kidney transplants in his career. Out of these, more than 1200 were performed at Max Hospital, Saket. This includes among the most challenging transplants, such as ABO-incompatible, transplantations in highly sensitized recipients, and high-risk transplants associated with significant comorbidities.
- In addition to this, Dr. Dinesh Khullar is credited for setting up an online hemodiafiltration unit for the first time in North India for advanced and state-of-the-art dialysis.
- Dr. Shashidhar Shree Niwas is a well-known nephrologist in Delhi/ NCR with expertise in nephrology, dialysis, kidney disease, and transplantation.
- He has many National as well as International publications to his credit. Some of his national publications include ‘Acute Kidney Injury in HIV positive Patients’, ‘Coronary Artery Disease in Diabetes Mellitus’ etc. His paper on ‘Acute Kidney Injury in Developing Countries’ was published in a very prominent international journal.