Best Cardiologists in India
Following is a list of the most reputed & experienced Cardiologists in India.
We have added Interventional Cardiologists first, followed by Cardiac surgeons (please scroll down to view).
*If you need any help from us, please fill the contact form at the bottom of the page. You may also chat with us on WhatsApp or Telegram by clicking the chat buttons below the page. Wishing you the best!
Top Interventional Cardiologists in India
- Dr. Praveen Chandra is one of the most well-known and respected Interventional Cardiologists in India and performs over 5000 percutaneous and diagnostic interventions every year.
- He specializes in devising techniques that help minimize open surgeries. Dr. Praveen Chandra performed the first Percutaneous Aortic Valve implantation without surgery in India.
- He also developed techniques to reduce the number of patients requiring bypass surgeries and has been trying to make angioplasty techniques more accurate to help with the treatment of multiple blocked arteries.
- Dr. Amit Mittal is a cardiologist working at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi with experience of over 23 years in Interventional Cardiology.
- He is good to consult for Angiogram, Angioplasty, and Bypass Surgery. Dr. Mittal has performed over 15,000 cardiac procedures till now. He offers services like EPS and RFA procedures, pacemaker implantation, ECG, complex surgery of heart valve replacement, and angina treatment, to name a few.
- Apart from that, Dr. Mittal won a Gold medal in MBBS 1st y and for the highest marks in obstetrics and gynecology. He published many papers in national and international medical journals and chapters in textbooks.
- Dr. T S Kler is undoubtedly one of the best vascular surgeons not only in India but also abroad. He has performed more than 25,000 Surgeries in his life which makes him stand where he is.
- He is a pioneer in electrophysiology & he established the first dedicated Electrophysiology department in India at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
- Dr. T S Kler initiated a radio Frequency Ablations programme at Escorts in 1993, one of the first of its kind in India. He was the first doctor in India to implant an ICD, CRT-P & CRT-D.
- Dr. Balbir Singh is a reputed cardiologist with over 32 years of experience, considered a veteran in his field, both nationally and internationally.
- He has also pioneered several minimally invasive cardiology surgical techniques in India and has been honored with the prestigious Padma Shree Award for his exceptional performance.
- “LIMCA” Book of Records also highlighted Dr. Balbir Singh’s contribution to the medical field in the Indian Electrophysiology Journal.
- Dr. Ashok Seth is one of the most well-known Interventional Cardiologists in India honored with both the Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
- He has more than 3 decades of experience in interventional cardiology and has performed over 20, 000 angioplasties and 50,000 angiograms till date.
- Dr. Seth holds a Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, London, and Edinburgh along with several other degrees to his name.
- Dr. Praveer Aggarwal is a nationally acclaimed and highly professional Interventional Cardiologist.
- His specialization lies in the treatment of blockages of the coronary and peripheral arteries and is an expert in Rotational and Directional atherectomy, intravascular ultrasound, pressure wire, and the use of Drug Eluting Stents.
- Along with his team at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Dr. Aggarwal performs close to 2000 angiographies and over 2000 coronary interventions including coronary angioplasties every year.
- Dr. Manjinder Sandhu is a leading interventional cardiologist based in Gurugram who holds an extensive experience of over 27 years in the field.
- His primary interest lies in Complex Coronary Interventions, Trans-radial Interventions, and Balloon Valvuloplasty, and has performed a large number of such procedures in his career mainly while serving in the Army Medical Corps.
- Dr. Sandhu has been teaching and training postgraduate students in Cardiology and Medicine and has been a guide to several successful cardiologists in India.
- Dr. Subhas Chandra is a leading Interventional Cardiologist who holds close to 20 years of experience and specializes in coronary interventions, endovascular interventions, device implantation, and structural heart diseases.
- He has performed more than 25,000 coronary interventions (complex angioplasty and rotablation), 4000+ for structural heart diseases, and has done more than 3000 permanent pacemaker implants.
- Dr. Y Vijayachandra Reddy is an interventional cardiologist with 25+ years of experience.
- Dr. Reddy’s work experience includes more than 7000 PCIs, 30000 invasive procedures, 550 PCIs in cardiogenic shock, 700 Cardiac devices, 400 PTMCs, and several EVAR and TEVAR procedures.
- His expertise lies in pacemaker implantations, pediatric interventions, ICDs, CRTs, endovascular repairs, and more.
- Dr. Mahesh Chandra Garg is an Interventional cardiologist working at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi with experience of over five decades in the field. He has an interest in Cardiovascular Intervention and Imaging.
- Dr. Garg has specialized in Enhanced External Counterpulsation, Chest Pain Therapies, Diabetic Cardiovascular complexities, and Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery.
- He achieved excellence in invasive cardiology as a result of his participation in specialized training programs and conferences. Dr. Garg provides valuable care for his patients while also encouraging them to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- He delivered presentations at numerous conferences and published papers in well-known national and international medical journals.
Top Cardiac Surgeons in India
- Dr. Z S Meharwal is a well-known cardiac surgeon in India who has performed more than 20,000 cardiac surgeries in his career that including some of the most complex and high-risk cardiac procedures.
- Dr. Meharwal is a member of the founding team that started the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and has been associated with the hospital since then.
- His interest lies in Minimally Invasive Cardiac procedures, valve repair, and replacement, and heart transplants among other major vascular and thoracic surgeries.
- Dr. Anil Bhan is an excellent Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon who has performed more than 15,000 cardiac and vascular surgeries that include heart transplant surgery, aortic aneurysm surgery, pediatric cardiac surgery, valve repairs, and peripheral vascular surgery among several others.
- He is one of the best pediatric cardiac surgeons in Delhi/ NCR and is credited with performing heart bypass surgery on the youngest patient in India in 2007 (18 months).
- He performed the first extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and was the first to use a harmonic scalpel for harvesting radial mammary artery conduits in India in 2000 and 1995 respectively.
- Dr. Naresh Trehan is one of the most highly skilled and globally recognized cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons.
- He started his career as a Cardiac Surgeon at New York University Medical Centre where he performed over 3000 coronary artery surgeries and returned to India in 1988 and founded the Escorts Heart Institute and Research Center in New Delhi.
- Dr. Trehan is the Founder Chairman of Medanta- The Medicity in Gurugram, a premier multi-specialty hospital with state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipped with the latest and advanced technologies.
- Dr. Mukesh Goel is a reputed Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular surgeon serving as a Senior Consultant of the specialty at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- He carries an experience of 16+ years and has performed more than 3000 different cardiac surgeries. Dr. Mukesh Goel is constantly on the lookout to develop new and innovative techniques to perform cardiac procedures that help in quick recovery with minimum incisions.
- His expertise lies in on and off-pump bypass surgeries and also finds interest in beating heart bypass surgery, open-heart surgery, minimally invasive heart valve surgery, and pediatric cardiac surgery among several others.
- Dr. Mukesh Goel received his training in CTVS from one of the most renowned cardiac surgeons in India, Dr. Naresh Trehan, and has been using the exposure to perform various advanced and complex heart surgeries.
- Before joining Indraprastha, Dr. Goel has been associated with other prestigious heart centers in India like Escorts Heart Institute, Apollo Hospital in New Delhi, and Medanta in Gurugram where he helped in starting the Heart surgery unit.
- He frequently gets invited to attend cardiology conferences and seminars to deliver lectures and present papers. He also regularly takes part in workshops and CMEs for cardiac surgeries.
- Dr. Mukesh Goel is a keen researcher and has published a number of papers and articles on CTVS in renowned national and international medical journals.
- Dr. Sandeep Attawar is a highly recognized Heart and Lung transplant surgeon in India who has over 2 decades of experience as a cardiac surgeon and has performed more than 10,000 cardiac surgeries on adult and pediatric patients.
- Dr. Attawar specializes in all types of surgeries for adults as well as pediatric heart patients and finds interest in heart and lung transplant surgery, congenital heart surgery, Aortic aneurysm repair, and implantation of heart failure devices.
- Padma Bhushan awardee Dr. Girinath M R is a senior cardio-thoracic Surgeon in Chennai having experience of more than 45 years in Cardiac Surgery.
- Dr. M R Girinath was a fellow of Coronary Artery Surgery and Congenital Heart Surgery at the University of Wisconsin, USA.
- He provides consultation and diagnostic services for Mitral/Heart Valve Replacement, Cardiac Pacing, Invasive Cardiology, ABPM, Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty, CT Angiography, etc.
- Dr. Neville Solomon is one of the best Cardiothoracic Surgeons in South India.
- Dr. Neville Solomon heads the Cardiology unit; his team has performed over 6000 heart operations to date, including 3000 congenital cardiac surgeries in newborns and adults
- In addition to this, Dr. Solomon runs the Save a Child’s Heart Initiative (SACHI) Program with his associates at Apollo Hospital.
- LF Sridhar is a well-known Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgeon in Chennai, now working at Apollo Hospital in Greams Road, Chennai, and has an experience of 37 years in this arena.
- Some of the services available with the doctor are Mitral/Heart Valve Replacement, Cardiac Pacing, and Intra – Arterial Thrombolysis, Pacemaker Implantation, and bypass surgery besides the regular OPD procedures.
- Dr. K Madhan Kumar is a well-known Cardiac Surgeon in Tamil Nadu, having many years of experience in the domain.
- His experience came from practice and teaching. These days, he is associated with Apollo Hospital Greams Road in Chennai as a Senior Consultant Cardiothoracic & Transplant Surgeon.
- Dr. Kumar has also completed Fellowships in Cardiothoracic Surgery at SGH in London as well as ECMO, VAD, and transplantation at HH in London.
- Dr. Kulbhushan Singh Dagar, a pioneer and an expert in the cardiology field earned his reputation through his exceptional performance in the field of complex congenital heart defects, especially for newborns.
- With over 21 years of experience, Dr. Dagar has dedicatedly performed complex surgical procedures by implementing innovative techniques and cutting-edge technologies in his procedures and is currently considered an asset to the cardiac industry, not just nationally, but internationally too!