Profile Snapshot of Dr. Manoj Luthra
- Dr. Manoj Luthra is a highly experienced and renowned Cardiac surgeon in Noida with expertise in various adult and pediatric cardiac procedures.
- He has 30+ years of experience as a cardiac surgeon and performed the first heart transplantation surgery in the Indian Armed Forces.
- Till date, Dr. Manoj Luthra has performed more than 12,000 cardiac surgeries including 8000 heart bypass surgeries. He has also performed many heart transplants and aneurysm surgeries.
- He spent a great number of years of his career with the Armed Forces and was instrumental in starting the Pediatric Cardiac Surgery division in Military Hospital, Pune, and Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi.
- Dr. Luthra has performed a large number of heart surgeries with excellent results which include complex congenital neonatal surgeries, heart failure surgery, surgery for removal of heart tumors, and surgeries for other diseases and disorders of the heart.
- He has also served as a trainer for postgraduate students and has offered his help as a guide for research in cardiac surgery for Ph.D. students. He is also an examiner for the MCh degree offered by several medical colleges and universities in India.
- Dr. Luthra’s constant efforts to bring in better and advanced cardiac surgery techniques in India have been highly appreciated and he has been honored on several occasions for his contributions towards cardiac surgery in the country.
- Dr. Manoj Luthra has authored and co-authored several medical textbooks on cardiac surgery and the book on Cardiac Surgical Management is also included in the syllabus for postgraduate students of cardiac surgery.
- He finds interest in research and has over 22 published papers in renowned national and international peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Manoj Luthra’s Expertise
- Adult and Pediatric Cardiac surgery
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Aortic Dissection repair
- Aortic valve repair and replacement
- ASD closure for adults
- Atrial fibrillation surgery
- Cardiac tumor surgery
- Complex congenital neonatal surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Correction surgery for coronary artery and valve
- Heart Bypass surgery
- Heart transplant surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Off-pump Beating CABG left ventricular restoration
- Surgery for heart failure
Work Experience of Dr. Manoj Luthra
- Director of Cardiac Surgery at Jaypee Hospital, Noida, Presently
- Dean and Deputy Commandant at the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Senior Registrar of Cardiac Surgery at NHS Trust Hospitals, UK
Dr. Manoj Luthra’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- MS in General Surgery from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- MCh in Cardiac Surgery from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- DNB in Cardiac Surgery from National Board of Education, Delhi
- Fellowship training in Coronary Artery Surgery from Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Visiting Fellowship for Cardiac Transplant from Cleve Heart Clinic, USA
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Manoj Luthra
- Honored with the Vishisht Seva Medal in 2010
- Received the Chief of Army Staff commendation card in 2005