- Dr. Manoj Luthra is a highly experienced and renowned Cardiac surgeon in Noida with expertise in various adult and pediatric cardiac procedures.
- He has 26+ years of experience as a cardiac surgeon and performed the first heart transplantation surgery in the Indian Armed Forces.
- Till date he has performed more than 12,000 cardiac surgeries including 8000 heart bypass surgeries. He has also performed several heart transplant and aneurysm surgeries.
- He spent a great number of years of his career with the Armed Forces and was instrumental in starting the Pediatric Cardiac Surgery division in Military Hospital, Pune and Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi.
- Dr. Luthra has performed a large number of heart surgeries with excellent results which include complex congenital neonatal surgeries, heart failure surgery, surgery for removal of heart tumors and surgeries for other diseases and disorders of the heart.
- He has also served as a trainer for post graduate students and has offered his help as a guide for research in cardiac surgery for PhD students. He is also an examiner for the MCh degree offered by several medical colleges and universities in India.
- His constant efforts to bring in better and advanced cardiac surgery techniques in India have been highly appreciated and he has been honored on several occasions for his contributions towards cardiac surgery in the country.
- He has authored and co-authored several medical textbooks on cardiac surgery and the book on Cardiac Surgical Management is also included in the syllabus for post graduate students of cardiac surgery.
- He finds interest in research and has over 22 published papers in renowned national and international peer reviewed journals.
- Adult and Pediatric Cardiac surgery
- Heart Bypass surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Off pump beating CABG left ventricular restoration
- Heart transplant surgery
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Correction surgery for coronary artery and valve
- Complex congenital neonatal surgery
- Surgery for heart failure
- Aortic valve repair and replacement
- Cardiac tumor surgery
- ASD closure for adults
- Atrial fibrillation surgery
- Aortic Dissection repair
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- MS in General Surgery from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- MCh in Cardiac surgery from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- DNB in Cardiac Surgery from National Board of Education, Delhi
- Fellowship training in Coronary Artery Surgery from Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Visiting Fellowship for Cardiac Transplant from Cleve Heart Clinic, USA
Awards and Recognitions
- Honored with the Vishisht Seva Medal in 2010
- Received the Chief of Army Staff commendation card in 2005