Profile Snapshot of Dr. Ashok Seth
- Dr. Ashok Seth is one of the most well-known Interventional Cardiologists in India honored with both the Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
- He has more than 3 decades of experience in interventional cardiology and has performed over 20, 000 angioplasties and 50,000 angiograms till date.
- He holds Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, London, and Edinburgh along with several other degrees to his name.
- Dr. Seth is a recognized name in the field of cardiology all over the world. He has been associated with Fortis Escorts for a long time and is currently heading the Cardiology Council for Fortis Group of Hospitals.
- His primary interest lies in Angioplasty and excels in Bioabsorbable stents, Angioscopy, Stents and Drug-Eluting Stents, Directional Atherectomy, Impella heart support for failing hearts, Thrombectomy devices, and TAVI.
- Dr. Ashok Seth has attended more than 400 national and international conferences, meetings, and seminars on interventional cardiology in various countries where he has given demonstrations on angioplasty techniques.
- He has trained over 350 cardiologists and has been training young cardiologists in advanced angioplasty techniques and interventional cardiology both in India and in foreign countries.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical associations and is considered an expert in his field by both his colleagues and patients alike.
- Dr. Seth is highly interested in research along with his clinical practice and has written numerous articles and papers which have been published in renowned national and international journals. He has also authored and edited over 10 medical textbooks.
- For his dedication and contributions to Cardiology, he has been appreciated on various occasions and received numerous awards for his skills and enormous knowledge of interventional cardiology.
Dr. Ashok Seth’s Expertise
- Angioplasty Stenting
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter and Defibrillator Implantation
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
- Directional Atherectomy
- Endovascular Stent Grafting for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Impella heart support for failing heart
- Implanting Ventricular Assist Devices
- Management and treatment of Complex Cyanotic Congenital Heart Diseases
- Management of heart transplant patients
- Percutaneous Ablation of Septal Hypertrophy in HOCM
- PTCA and Stenting- Complex Multi vessel Angioplasty and
- Stenting- Biodegradable and Drug-Eluting stents
- TAVI procedure
- Trans myocardial revascularization
Work Experience of Dr. Ashok Seth
- Chairman of Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Head of Cardiology Council, New Delhi since 2008
- Chief Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Max Heart and Vascular Institute, New Delhi from 2004 to 2008
- Chief Consultant of Interventional and Invasive Cardiology at Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi from 1988 to 2004
- Cardiologist at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham from 1983 to 1988
Dr. Ashok Seth has been Honorary Professor of Interventional Cardiology at
- Bangladesh Medical College, Dhaka since 1998
- Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal since 2000
- Bilaspur Medical College, Chhattisgarh since 2001
- Raipur Medical College, Chhattisgarh since 2001
- D Y Patil Medical College, Pune since 2008
Dr. Ashok Seth’s Qualifications
- MBBS from J N Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University in 1978
- Sc (Honoris Causa), Banaras Hindu University in 1998
- Sc (Honoris Causa), Tirthankar Mahavir University in 2012
- Sc (Honoris Causa), Amity University in 2012
- Litt (Honoris Causa), Jamia Milia Islamia University in 2012
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburg in 1995
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Ireland in 1995
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London in 1995
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology in 1995
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology in 2013
- Fellow of the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Intervention, USA in 1995
- Fellow of the International Medical Science Academy in 1998
- Fellow of the Cardiological Society of India in 2011
Memberships of Dr. Ashok Seth
- Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Royal College of Physicians, Ireland
- Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiological Society of India, Former Vice-President
- Indian Medical Association (Delhi), Former Chairman
- Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, USA
- Asia Pacific Society of Cardiology, Zonal Vice-President
- International Journal of Cardiology (Associate Editor)
Member of Editorial Board
- American College of Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Interventions
- Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Ashok Seth
- Listed in the Limca Book of Records for the highest number of angioplasties and angiographies
- IMA Distinguished Interventional Cardiologist Award
- B C Roy Award in 2017
- Padma Bhushan in 2015
- Padma Shri in 2003
- Doc N Doc-Gammex Saviour Award in 2014
- DMA Centenary Award in 2014
- Hero Lifetime Achievement Award in 2014
- Vishisht Chikitsa Ratan in 2012
- Order of Isabella the Catholic in 2010
- Mason Sones Award from the Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions in 2010
- Delhi Ratna Award in 2000