- Dr. Ashok Seth is one of the most well known Interventional Cardiologists in India honored with both the Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
- He has more than 3 decades of experience in interventional cardiology and has performed over 20, 000 angioplasties and 50,000 angiograms till date.
- He holds Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, London and Edinburgh along with several other degrees to his name.
- Dr. Seth is a recognized name in the field of cardiology all over the world. He has been associated with Fortis Escorts for a long time and is currently heading the Cardiology Council for Fortis Group of Hospitals.
- His primary interest lies in Angioplasty and excels in Bioabsorbable stents, Angioscopy, Stents and Drug Eluting Stents, Directional Atherectomy, Impella heart support for failing heart, Thrombectomy devices and TAVI.
- He has attended more than 400 national and international conferences, meetings and seminars on interventional cardiology in various countries where he has given demonstration on angioplasty techniques.
- He has trained over 350 cardiologists and has been training young cardiologists in advanced angioplasty techniques and interventional cardiology both in India and foreign countries.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical associations and is considered an expert in his field by both his colleagues and patients alike.
- Dr. Seth is highly interested in research along with his clinical practice and has written numerous articles and papers which have been published in renowned national and international journals. He has also authored and edited over 10 medical text books.
- For his dedication and contributions in Cardiology, he has been appreciated on various occasions and received numerous awards for his skills and enormous knowledge about interventional cardiology.
- Angioplasty Stenting
- TAVI procedure
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Directional Atherectomy
- Impella heart support for failing heart
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
- Management and treatment of Complex Cyanotic Congenital Heart Diseases
- Management of heart transplant patients
- Trans myocardial revascularization
- Implanting Ventricular Assist Devices
- Stenting- Biodegradable and Drug Eluting stents
- PTCA and Stenting- Complex Multi vessel Angioplasty and Rotablation
- Percutaneous Ablation of Septal Hypertrophy in HOCM
- Endovascular Stent Grafting for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter and Defibrillator Implantation
- Chairman of Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Head of Cardiology Council, New Delhi since 2008
- Chief Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Max Heart and Vascular Institute, New Delhi from 2004 to 2008
- Chief Consultant of Interventional and Invasive Cardiology at Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi from 1988 to 2004
- Cardiologist at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham from 1983 to 1988
Honorary Professor of Interventional Cardiology
- Bangladesh Medical College, Dhaka since 1998
- Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal since 2000
- Bilaspur Medical College, Chhattisgarh since 2001
- Raipur Medical College, Chhattisgarh since 2001
- D Y Patil Medical College, Pune since 2008
Education and Qualifications
- MBBS from J N Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, 1978
- Sc (Honoris Causa), Banaras Hindu University, 1998
- Sc (Honoris Causa), Tirthankar Mahavir University, 2012
- Sc (Honoris Causa), Amity University, 2012
- Litt (Honoris Causa), Jamia Milia Islamia University, 2012
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburg, 1995
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Ireland, 1995
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London, 1995
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, 1995
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology, 2013
- Fellow of the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Intervention, USA, 1995
- Fellow of the International Medical Science Academy, 1998
- Fellow of the Cardiological Society of India, 2011
- Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Royal College of Physicians, Ireland
- Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiological Society of India, Former Vice-President
- Indian Medical Association (Delhi), Former Chairman
- Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, USA
- Asia Pacific Society of Cardiology, Zonal Vice-President
- International Journal of Cardiology (Associate Editor)
Member of Editorial Board
- American College of Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Interventions
- Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention
- Euro Intervention
Awards, Accomplishments and Recognitions
- Listed in the Limca Book of Records for the highest number of angioplasties and angiographies
- IMA Distinguished Interventional Cardiologist Award
- B C Roy Award, 2017
- Padma Bhushan, 2015
- Padma Shri, 2003
- Doc N Doc-Gammex Saviour Award, 2014
- DMA Centenary Award, 2014
- Hero Lifetime Achievement Award, 2014
- Vishisht Chikitsa Ratan, 2012
- Order of Isabella the Catholic, 2010
- Mason Sones Award from the Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, 2010
- Delhi Ratna Award, 2000