Best General Surgeons in India
Following is a list of the most reputed & experienced General Surgeons in India.
*If you need any help from us, please fill the contact form at the bottom of the page. You may also chat with us on WhatsApp or Telegram by clicking the chat buttons below the page. Wishing you the best!
- Dr. Ajay Kumar Kriplani has the credit of being the first in India to perform laparoscopic adrenalectomy and laparoscopic splenectomy and performing the first laparoscopic Whipple’s pancreaticoduodenectomy in North India and he is one of the best laparoscopic surgeons in Delhi and Gurugram.
- Dr. Kriplani has been invited as a faculty for 395 live demonstrations, Guest lectures, orations, and keynote addresses at conferences in various Indian cities and outside India e.g. Rome, Hongkong, Kualalumpur, Singapore, Tashkent, Dubai, Kathmandu, Dhaka, etc.
- Dr. Arun Prasad is one of the world’s finest Bariatric & Laparoscopic surgeons having an experience of over 7000 laparoscopic operations.
- Dr. Prasad has done the world’s first Laparoscopic operation on the Gall Bladder fistula with the large intestine, which is recognized over the world in eminent medical journals. He is known for performing the world’s first Thoracoscopic removal of the Hydatid cyst of the lungs, as well.
- Dr. Neel Shah is one of the top General Surgeons in India and is a Specialist in abdominal surgery. He possesses an elaborate experience of over 35 years in the field.
- He is engaged as a senior consultant General Surgeon with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- Dr. Shah is also a Laparoscopic surgeon, practicing as an expert Thyroid & Endocrine General Surgeon, Gastrointestinal surgeon, and advanced Laparoscopic surgeon.
- He offers Hernia Repair Surgery, Abscess treatment, Amputation, Mastectomy, Gall Bladder removal, cyst removal, and more in adults and children.
- Dr. Deepak Govil is one of the best Surgical Gastroenterologists in India, having over 29 years of experience in GI procedures. He has worked as a senior Gastro and laparoscopic surgeon at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals.
- Dr. Govil, the founder of PSRI’s Department of GI Surgery, has done a lot of significant GI surgical interventions.
- He is well-known for having done liver transplants upon living donors. At Apollo Hospital, he has performed over 2000 surgeries that include the liver, gastrointestinal tract, and laparoscopic procedures.
- In addition to his fieldwork, Dr. Govil has taught at prestigious medical institutes in Delhi.
- With over 20 years of experience in surgery including Laparoscopic, Bariatric & G I Surgery, Dr. Rashmi Pyasi has vast experience of scar less, single incision laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- Shas did pioneering work in the super-specialty of coloproctology having a rare distinction of performing over 1000 MIPH (stapled hemorrhoidectomy).
- She also specializes in the treatment of female surgical disorders, including laparoscopic (incisional) hernia repairs, weight loss surgery, and breast disorders.
- In 1994 after returning from the UK, Dr. Anil Sharma worked at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- He was associated with the founding of the Department of Minimal Access Surgery since its inception in 1996.
- Dr. Anil Sharma has a special interest in the surgical management of abdominal wall hernias, a subject on which he has conducted numerous operative workshops, throughout his career.
- He has also lectured extensively worldwide and contributed several chapters in International publications.
- Dr. Saket Goel is one of the best Gastroenterologists in India providing healthcare facilities to patients for the last 24 years. He is connected with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals.
- Dr. Goel keeps up with the latest surgical trends to serve better. He specializes in minimal access surgery, bariatric surgery, colorectal surgery, and laparoscopic surgery.
- In addition to proficiency in a wide range of regular and emergency surgeries, Dr. Goel works to create awareness for colorectal cancer and also has penned many papers and articles in reputed national and international journals. He offers surgical training to postgraduates, interns, undergraduates, nursing students, etc.
- With more than 33 years of experience, Padma Shri awardee Dr. Sandeep Guleria is renowned for being the key member of the team that conducted the first two Kidney Pancreas Transplants in India.
- Currently, he is a top-notch Kidney Transplant Specialist working at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- He has worked as an additional professor, in the department of surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Currently, he is a senior consultant surgeon in General Surgery, GI Surgery, and transplantation.
- Dr. Guleria puts emphasis on diet and lifestyle changes as they are quite an important part of treatment in treating early kidney diseases.
- His special area of interest is organ transplantation. He has spent around two years in the United Kingdom at the Royal Free Hospital in London where he was actively involved in the renal transplant program. From London, he was appointed as a Transplant Fellow in the Academic Surgical Unit at St. James’s University Hospital. There, he trained extensively in liver, kidney, and pancreas transplantation.
- Every year, he performs around about 70 live-related renal transplants.
He also started a simultaneous kidney and Pancreas Transplant program in India and performed the first successful simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplant in the country.
- Dr. Bijendra Kumar Sinha is a highly skilled laparoscopic and GI surgeon with an extensive experience in advanced laparoscopic GI Surgery.
- He has done more than 7000 laparoscopic surgeries including lap hernia surgeries, lap GI surgeries, and lap solid organ surgeries.
- He has got hands-on training in MIPH for piles surgery and STARR procedure for partial prolapse and obstructive defecation syndrome by Dr. Antonio Longo inventor of the procedure.
- Dr. Manish Baijal is an experienced, proficient, and renowned Bariatric Surgeon and the credit for doing scarless neck surgery for Thyroid and Para Thyroid Diseases for the first time goes to him.
- He also performs surgery for Morbid Obesity (Weight Loss) and Metabolic Disorders (Bariatric Surgery) with much dexterity.
- He has acquired great fame for performing surgery on abdominal Wall Hernias. Besides these, he also does Biliary surgeries like Gall Bladder Stone, Common Bile Duct Surgery, etc.