- Dr. Jameel is an internationally acclaimed GI and Minimal Access Surgeon from India with more than 14 years of experience.
- He underwent higher surgical training and Oncology research in Yorkshire. Dr. Jameel also did Robotic Surgical training at the University College Hospitals, London.
- Following his successful completion of training and obtaining CCT, he practiced at MidYorkshire Hospitals. In addition to consultancy, he was an educational supervisor and provided surgical training to many surgeons.
- Currently, he practices at Apollo Hospital and Apollo Clinic in Chennai.
- He has expertise in managing Bariatric, Upper GI, HPB, and Colorectal procedures.
- Dr. Jameel has published many peer-reviewed articles in international journals and presented papers at multiple conferences.
- Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Removal
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Hernia Surgery
- Crohn’s Disease or Severe Diverticulitis
- Bariatric or weight-loss surgeries
- Pancreatic Head Cancer
- Painful Infectious Gallstones
- Upper GI Surgery
- Pancreatic or Duodenal Trauma
- Colon Cancer and Bowel Diseases
- Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Lap Gastric Banding
- Acute Appendicitis
- Anal Canal Surgery
- Whipple’s Procedure
- Consultant- Surgical GI & Minimal Access Surgeon, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Consultant Surgeon at Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals, National Health Service Trust
- Specialist registrar, Yorkshire Higher Surgical Training program, Leeds
- Clinical Research Fellow, University of Hull, East Yorkshire
- Senior House Officer, Basic Surgical Training rotation, Hull, East Yorkshire
- MBBS, Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- MRCS (Glasg), Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- MRCSEd, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK, 2002
- MSc, University of Hull, East Yorkshire – 2009
- FRCSEd (General Surgery), Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK- 2010
- CCT- (Certificate of completion of UK training), General Medical Council – 2011
- Fellow of ICS, Chicago, USA- 2012
- FRCS (Glasg), Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, Scotland- 2013
- GMC, UK
- ICS, Chicago, USA
- World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
- Obesity Surgery Society of India
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterologists
- Hernia Society of India
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society, Singapore
- A complicated bilateral colonic diverticulitis in the case of Von-Willibrand’s disease. K. Sriharsha, CV Gopakumar, PK Reddy, Rochitha Ramanan, TG Balachander, JKA Jameel, & Dinesh Zirpe – Submitted to “American College of Gastroenterology – Case reports”
- Laparoscopic management of Gastric neuroendocrine tumor with massive Haematemesis. JKA Jameel, Nadeem Mushtaque Ahmed, Vimal Kumar Dhaduk, and PK Reddy. “Apollo Medicine 2017”; 14(4): 228 – 231