Snapshot of Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Apollo Hospital is one of the most renowned healthcare providers in the world with thousands of patients coming for treatment from various parts of the globe annually.
- This 500+ bedded hospital in Chennai was established in 1983 and since then has been among the most preferred hospital for patients all over the world.
- It holds accreditation of the NABH and JCI and is the first hospital in India to be ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. It is also the first South Indian Hospital to receive subsequent reaccreditation from the JCI USA 4 times.
- The multi speciality hospital houses over 60 specialty departments which include internationally trained and highly skilled medical professionals.
- It combines the traditional practice of healthcare and well being with the latest and advanced technologies to achieve the best and successful result.
- Being one of the busiest hospitals in India, a large number of surgeries and procedures take place in the hospital every day. Counting in numbers, more than 40 cardiac surgeries, 700 dialysis and around 4 organ transplant surgeries are performed by the doctors every day.
- Till late, the hospital became the first in India to perform the highest number of combined Heart and double Lungs transplant procedures.
- The hospital has state-of-the art infrastructure equipped with the latest technologies and modern equipments. All the latest medical technologies in Radiation Oncology, Robotic and Computer Assisted surgery can be found in the hospital.
- It has special Centers of Excellence dedicated to the major specialties to provide hassle free and high quality clinical care. This includes centers for Heart Care, Cancer Care, Transplants, Orthopedics, Liver Science, Gastroenterology, Neurosciences, Spine Surgery, Nephrology and Urology, Bariatric Surgery, Pediatrics, Robotics, Colorectal Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Emergency and Critical Care.
Facilities for International Patients at Apollo Hospital
- The hospital has a dedicated travel desk to cater to the requirement of every patient. This includes help with booking appointments, hospital stay, visa facilities, medical and travel insurance and to help plan the travel.
- It also offers an online consultation service which the patients can avail prior to planning their trip.
- The patient can choose a room that is best suitable from different options like the Apollo Suite, Executive Room, Suite Room, Deluxe Room and Semi-private Rooms.
- Hotels, lodges and guest houses are easily available for the family of the patient during the treatment process.
Services and Other Facilities at Apollo Hospital
- Blood Bank
- 24 hours pharmacy
- Guest Dining Hall
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- International cuisine and diet on request
- Postal service
- Safe deposit lockers
- Places for worship
- Special Nurse
- Air Ambulance
- Waiting Lounge
Connectivity from Apollo Hospital
- Airport at a distance of 17 kms from the hospital
- Chennai Railway Station is 5 kms away from the hospital
- Local cabs and taxis are easily available near the hospital and can also be booked on call