Snapshot of Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, is one of the best hospitals for heart care in India. Over the years, Apollo has expanded all over India, as a healthcare chain.
- India’s first ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was performed in Apollo Hospital. The hospital is known for successfully performing Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart and liver transplant, and over the years, it has attained a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space. Around 3-4 organ transplants are performed in the hospital per day.
- Equipped with over 500 beds, this hospital in Chennai was established in 1983 and since then has been among the most preferred hospital for patients from all over the world.
- The hospital holds accreditation of the NABH and JCI and is the first hospital in India to be ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. It is also the first South Indian Hospital to receive subsequent reaccreditation from the JCI USA 4 times.
- The hospital is known to house over 60 specialty departments which include internationally trained and highly skilled medical professionals.It combines the traditional practice of healthcare and well being with the latest and advanced technologies to achieve the best and successful result. Regarded as one of the busiest hospitals in India, a large number of surgeries and procedures take place in the hospital every day. Counting in numbers, more than 40 cardiac surgeries, 700 dialysis and around 4 organ transplant surgeries are performed by the doctors every day.
- The hospital has state-of-the art infrastructure equipped with the latest technologies and modern equipments. All the latest medical technologies in Radiation Oncology, Robotic and Computer Assisted surgery can be found in the hospital.
- It has special Centers of Excellence dedicated to the major specialties to provide hassle free and high quality clinical care.
- The hospital has a dedicated travel desk to cater to the requirement of every patient. This includes help with booking appointments, hospital stay, visa facilities, medical and travel insurance and to help plan the travel. The hospital also offers an online consultancy service which the patients can avail prior to planning their trip.
- Declared as the ‘Centre of Excellence` by the Government of India, the hospital has been also voted by The Week as the ‘Best Private Sector Hospital in India’, multiple times. The hospital is the first in India, to introduce certain techniques such as coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery.
- Heart Care
- Cancer Care
- Liver Science
- Nephrology & Urology
- SPINE Surgery
- Critical CARE
- Bariatric surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Sports Medicine & Surgery
Facilities for International Patients at Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- The hospital has a dedicated travel desk to cater to the requirement of every patient. This includes help with booking appointments, hospital stay, visa facilities, medical and travel insurance and to help plan the travel.
- It also offers an online consultation service which the patients can avail prior to planning their trip.
- The patient can choose a room that is best suitable from different options like the Apollo Suite, Executive Room, Suite Room, Deluxe Room and Semi-private Rooms.
- Hotels, lodges and guest houses are easily available for the family of the patient during the treatment process.
Services and Other Facilities at Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Blood Bank
- 24 hours pharmacy
- Guest Dining Hall
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- International cuisine and diet on request
- Postal service
- Safe deposit lockers
- Places for worship
- Special Nurse
- Air Ambulance
- Waiting Lounge
21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road, Chennai – 600006
Connectivity from Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Airport at a distance of 17 kms from the hospital
- Chennai Railway Station is 5 kms away from the hospital
- Local cabs and taxis are easily available near the hospital and can also be booked on call