Brief History of Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Apollo Chennai, the flagship hospital of Apollo Hospitals Group, was founded in 1983.
- It has written one of India’s most illustrious success stories in the years after its inception. It is now one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world, as well as one of the most popular medical tourism and medical value travel destinations for patients from all across India.
- Through cutting-edge medical techniques and technical breakthroughs, the hospital has made a reputation for itself in the healthcare industry. It contains more than 60 departments, all of which are led by internationally certified and skilled medical specialists who are backed up by dedicated patient care staff. They feature cutting-edge facilities for treating a variety of illnesses and problems.
- Apollo Hospitals combine high clinical success rates and cutting-edge technology with centuries-old care and warmth traditions. Their top priority is to guarantee that your health and comfort are prioritized and that you receive the finest possible care once you arrive at their facility.
Top Doctors of Apollo Chennai
Senior Consultant – Department of Endocrinology & Diabetology; Apollo Hospitals Greams Road, Chennai, India. He is known for his expertise in Endocrinology and Diabetes. Contact for Appointment & Assistance
Highlights of Apollo Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, is one of the best hospitals for heart care in India. Over the years, Apollo has expanded all over India, as a healthcare chain.
- India’s first ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was performed in Apollo Hospital. The hospital is known for successfully performing Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart and liver transplant, and over the years, it has attained a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space. Around 3-4 organ transplants are performed in the hospital per day.
- Equipped with over 500 beds, this hospital in Chennai was established in 1983 and since then has been among the most preferred hospital for patients from all over the world.
- The hospital holds accreditation of the NABH and JCI and is the first hospital in India to be ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. It is also the first South Indian Hospital to receive subsequent reaccreditation from the JCI USA 4 times.
- The hospital is known to house over 60 specialty departments which include internationally trained and highly skilled medical professionals.It combines the traditional practice of healthcare and well being with the latest and advanced technologies to achieve the best and successful result. Regarded as one of the busiest hospitals in India, a large number of surgeries and procedures take place in the hospital every day. Counting in numbers, more than 40 cardiac surgeries, 700 dialysis and around 4 organ transplant surgeries are performed by the doctors every day.
- The hospital has state-of-the art infrastructure equipped with the latest technologies and modern equipments. All the latest medical technologies in Radiation Oncology, Robotic and Computer Assisted surgery can be found in the hospital.
- It has special Centers of Excellence dedicated to the major specialties to provide hassle free and high quality clinical care.
- The hospital has a dedicated travel desk to cater to the requirement of every patient. This includes help with booking appointments, hospital stay, visa facilities, medical and travel insurance and to help plan the travel. The hospital also offers an online consultancy service which the patients can avail prior to planning their trip.
- Declared as the ‘Centre of Excellence` by the Government of India, the hospital has been also voted by The Week as the ‘Best Private Sector Hospital in India’, multiple times. The hospital is the first in India, to introduce certain techniques such as coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery.
Amenities for International Patients at Apollo Chennai
Each year, thousands of patients travel from all over the world to Apollo Hospitals for treatment. Their highly trained staff understands how to assist overseas patients like you. At Apollo Hospitals, they go above and beyond to give you not just the best medical care, but also undivided attention and care from the minute you arrive at the airport.
Whether it’s regarding your medical history, support in locating a suitable accommodation near the hospital for your accompanying relatives, or coverage by relevant international insurance companies, their international representatives are ready to help.
Facilities at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road
- Rooms of various Categories: Apollo Suite, Suite Room, Executive Room, Deluxe Room, Single Room, Semi-Private Room, Double Sharing Room, Special General Ward, General ward.
- Food and Dietary Services: The dietitian makes a diet based on the patient’s therapeutic needs. Chinese cuisine, Continental, and Local specialties are provided, and any dietary restrictions will be accommodated.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served at the Guest Dining Hall, which is located in the basement of the hotel. The hotel also offers room service. On the ground floor, you’ll find a 24-hour coffee shop.
- Between 9:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., housekeeping provides guest laundry service.
- Ambulance services: Pick-up and drop-off services for ambulances are offered.
- Safe deposit lockers are available at the security office.
- Worship Places: The hospital has a temple; a Namaz room as well as a Prayer cell are also located in the main block.
- The Nursing Department can arrange for special nurse services.
- The Despatch Section on the ground level has a postal service.
- On request, television sets are offered for three-bedded rooms and the General bed category (on payment).
- Travel Desk: The Travel Desk on the ground floor can assist you with your travel needs.
Accreditations of Apollo Chennai
- The Joint Commission International (JCI)
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) – ISO 14001, 22000; ISO 9001:2008; ISO 2200 HACCP
Apollo Chennai Centres of Excellence
- Apollo Heart Institute
- Nephrology & Urology
- Cancer Care
- Plastic Surgery
- Critical Care
- Colorectal Surgery
- Institute Of Liver Science
- Sports Medicine And Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- ENT (Otolaryngology)
- Vascular Surgery
Departments of Apollo Hospital Chennai
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Cosmetic surgery
- Critical care
- Endocrine surgery
- General medicine
- General surgery
- Infectious disease
- Laboratory services
- Nuclear medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopedics surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Radiology & Imaging Sciences
- Respiratory medicine
- Reproductive medicine
- Thoracic surgery
- Vascular surgery
Connectivity of Apollo Hospital Chennai
- Airport at a distance of 17 kms from the hospital
- Chennai Railway Station is 5 kms away from the hospital
- Local cabs and taxis are easily available near the hospital and can also be booked on call