Best Vascular Surgeons in India
Following is a list of the most reputed & experienced Vascular Surgeons in India.
*If you need any help from us, please fill the contact form at the bottom of the page. You may also chat with us on WhatsApp or Telegram by clicking the chat buttons below the page. Wishing you the best!
- Dr. Bhaba Nanda Das is a well-known cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeon and has performed the first Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) on a beating heart in India.
- He holds an extensive experience of more than 3 decades and has performed over 20,000 cardiac surgeries and does more than 800 cardiac surgeries annually.
- With a keen interest in cardiovascular and thoracic procedures, Dr. Das is the first cardiac surgeon to use all arterial grafts for multiple coronary revascularizations. He was also the first to use coronary sinus in Fontan’s circulation.
- Prior to joining Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Dr. Das had been an integral part of the department of CTVS at AIIMS. There he performed some of the most complex and first cardiac surgeries which were never attempted by any surgeon in India.
- Dr. Bhaba Nanda Das is responsible for procuring the donor hearts for the first 3 heart transplant procedures in India and has been part of the team of cardiologists and surgeons of one of the best cardiac care centers in the world.
- He received his training in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery under the best surgeons and brought several innovative cardiac procedures to the country.
- Dr. Bhaba Nanda Das has helped in setting up cardiac centers in different parts of the country and has been associated with several hospitals both in India and foreign countries.
- He is closely associated with research activities and has more than 40 publications to his credit in several national and international journals.
- Dr. Das has attended numerous conferences, seminars, and scientific meetings in various parts of the world where he presented his knowledge on CABG, Heart transplant, and aortic aneurysm surgeries.
- Dr. Das is among the top cardiac surgeons in India and has received enormous appreciation for his work and contribution in the field of CTVS.
- Dr. Himanshu Verma has been a well-known vascular surgeon for the last two decades. He worked in the USA (Mayo) for several years apart from his decade of experience in the top medical centers of India.
- He has performed innumerable surgeries throughout his life including 3000 complex AV Fistula for Hemodialysis Patients.
- Dr. Himanshu Verma is one of those first persons, who nurtured the idea of performing vascular surgeries under Local Anaesthesia. This way numerous patients across the globe can walk away from the Post Anaesthesia complications.
- Dr. Jaisom Chopra is the epitome of all the Vascular Surgeons in India as well as abroad.
- He has performed more than 7000 surgeries in his lifetime.
- Dr. Chopra’s chief field of interest lies in surgeries related to varicose veins.
- He completed his higher studies at foreign universities before he returned to India in 1998.
- Dr. Jaisom Chopra is one of the top vascular surgeons in India who wanted to include the best art of vascular surgery in India.
- Dr. (Col) Kumud Rai belongs to the top class of Vascular Surgeons in India. He has more than 25 years of experience in being a Vascular Surgeon.
- Dr. Kumud Rai has been a Tutor for the Royal College of Surgeons in the UK and an examiner in several MCHs.
- Dr. Rai has spent a major part of his life serving the Indian Army in both educational and professional sectors.
- Dr. Rakesh Mahajan is one of the best Vascular Surgeons in India. He has an experience of 35 years.
- He is a member of the Vascular Society of India and other eminent societies.
- Dr. Rakesh Mahajan is experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of vascular and related disorders.
- He qualified for the prestigious Intercollegiate Exam in the UK and was awarded a CCST certificate.
- Dr. Suhail Naseem Bukhari is a well-known Vascular Surgeon with an experience of 18 years.
- He is proficient in carrying out procedures such as Spinal and Cerebral Tumor Embolization, Angioplasty and Stenting, Embolization for Fibroid, Head, and Neck Tumour Embolization and Acute Stroke Thrombectomy, etc.
- Dr. T S Kler is undoubtedly one of the best vascular surgeons not only in India but also abroad. He has performed more than 25,000 Surgeries in his life which makes him stand where he is.
- He is a pioneer in electrophysiology & he established the first dedicated Electrophysiology department in India at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
- Dr. T S Kler initiated a radio Frequency Ablations programme at Escorts in 1993, one of the first of its kind in India. He was the first doctor in India to implant an ICD, CRT-P & CRT-D.
- Dr. Anil Bhan is an excellent Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon who has performed more than 15,000 cardiac and vascular surgeries that include heart transplant surgery, aortic aneurysm surgery, pediatric cardiac surgery, valve repairs, and peripheral vascular surgery among several others.
- He is one of the best pediatric cardiac surgeons in Delhi/ NCR and is credited with performing heart bypass surgery on the youngest patient in India in 2007 (18 months).
- He performed the first extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and was the first to use a harmonic scalpel for harvesting radial mammary artery conduits in India in 2000 and 1995 respectively.
- Dr. Anoop K Ganjoo is one of the best cardiologists & cardiothoracic surgeons in India with a total experience of 42 years. Out of that, he worked for 34 years as a specialist cardiothoracic surgeon.
- Currently, he is active as the Senior Consultant in the Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery department at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Ganjoo has a rich experience of over two decades in several complicated procedures, like Mitral valve repair and replacement, Peripheral and Coronary angiography & angioplasty, vascular surgery, ICD, diffuse coronary artery disease, Pacemaker, Radiofrequency ablation of arrhythmias, adult Cardiothoracic Surgery, CRT implantation, Balloon valvuloplasty, and PDA device closure.
- Dr. Anoop Ganjoo upgraded his knowledge with specialized training programs and conferences that he utilized to restore the healthy life of several patients.
- Dr. Surinder Singh Khatana is an eminent name in the country for conducting more than 1000 vascular surgeries to date.
- He has been the chief cardiac surgeon at various prestigious hospitals both nationally and internationally.
- He has served in the Indian Army for 30 years.