- Dr. Surinder Singh Khatana is an eminent name in the country for conducting more than 1000 vascular surgeries to date.
- He has been the chief cardiac surgeon at various prestigious hospitals both nationally and internationally.
- He has served the Indian Army for 30 years.
- He has one of the expert hands in performing cardiac surgeries, like Valvuloplasty (Aortic, Mitral, and Double Valve Replacement). He has a special interest in Valve Repairs, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Aortic Aneurysm Surgery, and Heart-Failure Surgery.
- Arterial Surgery
- AV Fistula access surgery for patients who need Hemodialysis.
- Worked in Indian Armed forces from 1983 to 2013.
- Assistant professor Surgery and Vascular Surgery at Army Hospital (R&R) from 2000 to 2005.
- Associate Professor Surgery and Vascular Surgery at Army Hospital (R&R) from 2005 to 2006.
- Professor and Head of the Department of Vascular Surgery ; INHS Asvini, Mumbai.
- Professor And Head Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at Army Hospital (R&R) Delhi Cantonment
- Senior Consultant – VASCULAR AND ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY at Paras Hospital Gurgaon till July 2013.
- Senior Consultant – VASCULAR and ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY till Aug 2015.
- MBBS, Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi
- MS, General Surgery, Armed Force Medical College, Pune University
- Special Training of Vascular Surgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram.
- Dr. Surinder Singh Khatana is a Permanent Member of the Vascular Society of India (VSI).
- He is also a member of the Venous Association of India (VAI).
- Dr. Surinder Singh Khatana has presented 13 international publications and 11 National Publications apart from the dozen papers presented for the conference at both National and International levels.