- Dr. (Col) Kumud Rai belongs to the top classes of Vascular Surgeons in India.
- His dedication to his work and his vast knowledge are the pillars of his success.
- He has more than 25 years of experience in being a Vascular Surgeon.
- He has been a Tutor for Royal College of Surgeons in the UK and an examiner in several MCH.
- He was the leader of the Vascular Society of India and apart from that, he is a member of other committees both nationally and internationally.
- He has spent a major part of his life serving the Indian Army in both educational and professional sectors.
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Correction of Varicose Veins
- Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Access for Hemodialysis Procedures- AV Fistula and graft
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Bentall Surgery
- Redo Operations
- Peripheral Bypass Surgery
- Assistant Professor (Surgery), Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune (1984-87)
- Associate Professor (Surgery), Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune (1993-97)
- Head of Department (Vascular Surgery), Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi, (2000-05)
- Vice President, International Society for Vascular Surgery (ISVS)
- Professor (Surgery & Vascular Surgery), Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune (2005-06)
- Director (Vascular Surgery), Max Healthcare (2006-Present)
- MBBS, Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune (1978)
- MS (Surgery), Pune University (1984)
- Vascular Surgery Training at Erasmus University Hospital Rotterdam, Holland (1991-93)
- Society for Vascular Surgery (USA)
- European Society for Vascular Surgery
- International Society of Endovascular Specialists
- International Society for Vascular Surgery
- World Federation of Vascular Societies
- American College of Surgeons
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons
- Vascular Society of India
- Venous Association of India
- International College of Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Dr. (Col) Kumud Rai has published numerous journals and publications in his lifetime.