Profile Snapshot of Dr. Kumud Rai
- Dr. (Col) Kumud Rai belongs to the top class of Vascular Surgeons in India. His dedication to his work and his vast knowledge are the pillars of his success.
- He has more than 25 years of experience in being a Vascular Surgeon.
- Dr. Kumud Rai has been a Tutor for the Royal College of Surgeons in the UK and an examiner in several MCHs.
- He was the leader of the Vascular Society of India and apart from that also a member of other committees both nationally and internationally.
- Dr. Rai has spent a major part of his life serving the Indian Army in both educational and professional sectors.
Work Experience of Dr. Kumud Rai
- Assistant Professor (Surgery), Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune (1984-87)
- Associate Professor (Surgery), Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune (1993-97)
- Head of Department (Vascular Surgery), Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi, (2000-05)
- Vice President, International Society for Vascular Surgery (ISVS)
- Professor (Surgery & Vascular Surgery), Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune (2005-06)
- Director (Vascular Surgery), Max Healthcare (2006-Present)
Dr. Kumud Rai’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune in 1978
- MS (Surgery) from Pune University in 1984
- Vascular Surgery Training at Erasmus University Hospital Rotterdam, Holland (1991-93)
Memberships of Dr. (Col) Kumud Rai
- Society for Vascular Surgery (USA)
- European Society for Vascular Surgery
- International Society of Endovascular Specialists
- International Society for Vascular Surgery
- World Federation of Vascular Societies
- American College of Surgeons
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons
- Vascular Society of India
- Venous Association of India
- International College of Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of India
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. (Col) Kumud Rai
- Gold Medals in Anatomy, Physiology, Surgery – Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune in 1978
- Stood First in Pune University, MS (Surgery) in 1984
- Pioneer in Vascular Surgery Award, Indovasc in Mar 2015
- Presidential Citation Award, Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS) in June 2015
- Sena Medal by President of India for services in the Kargil War
Publications of Dr. Kumud Rai
- Dr. (Col) Kumud Rai has published numerous journals and publications in his lifetime.