- Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia is one of the leading Cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons in India excelling in heart and lung transplant surgeries.
- He has 28+ years of experience in the field during which he has performed over 10000 CABGs, 2000 heart valve repairs and 800 minimally invasive cardiac surgeries.
- He has also performed more than 5000 open heart surgeries, 200 heart and lung transplant surgeries and 150 VAD and ECMO implantation procedures.
- He has been instrumental in the introduction of LVAD in India and helped in the treatment of a large number of patients suffering from heart diseases and heart failure. He performed the first Intramyocardial Stem cell Therapy in India at KDAH in 2007.
- Dr. Kapadia is an expert in various types of congenital, peripheral and vascular heart surgeries and Angioplasty along with general cardiac procedures and heart and lung transplant surgery.
- He has been involved in designing and developing new techniques to assist cardiac surgeons in various cardiovascular and thoracic surgeries. One of such inventions is the modified Aortic root enlargement surgery.
- He has worked with several prestigious hospitals in India, USA and other foreign countries. He has also developed various new and modified cardiac surgery procedures which have been used by other cardiac surgeons of the world.
- With an equal interest in research, Dr. Kapadia has published numerous articles on adult and pediatric cardiac surgery. He also has several other publications as abstracts, papers and articles in renowned national and international medical journals.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical associations and regularly attends conferences and seminars all over the world. He has presented more than 100 presentations on the various aspects of cardiac surgery and cardiac care in such scientific forums.
- Heart Bypass surgery/ CABG
- Heart and Lung transplant surgery
- Minimal Access Cardiac surgery
- Management and treatment of heart failure patients
- Coronary and Peripheral Angioplasty
- Congenital heart surgery
- Open heart surgery
- Heart valve repair and replacement
- ECMO and VAD implantations
- Aortic root enlargement surgery
- Fontan procedure, Ross procedure
- Carotid artery surgery
- Hybrid and endovascular surgery
- Head of Adult Cardiac Surgery and Director of Heart and Lung Transplant Service at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai, Presently
- Director of Cardiac Surgery at L H Hirandani Hospital, Powai
- Director of Cardiac Surgery at Indo-American Heart Centre, Indore and Kolkata
- HOD of Cardiac Surgery at Fortis Hospital, Chennai
- HOD of Cardiac Surgery at B M Birla Heart Institute, Kolkata
- Chief of Cardiac Surgery at SRM Hospitals, Chennai
- Head and Senior Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Global Health City, Chennai
- MBBS from MGM Medical College, Indore
- MS in General Surgery from MGM Medical College, Indore
- MCh in Cardiovascular and thoracic Surgery from Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Fellow of Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thorcaic Surgeons
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellowship International Study Circle
- Regional Medical College, France
- Marry le langue Hospital, Paris
- Jefferson University Hospital, USA
- Allegheny University (St. Christopher’s Hospital), USA
- Cardiological Society of India (honorary member)
- Indian Society of Cardiology
- Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- American Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Australian Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons
- Pan-African Society of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgeons