Designation of Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia
- Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia is one of the leading Cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons in India excelling in heart and lung transplant surgeries.
- He has 36+ years of experience in the field during which he has performed over 10000 CABGs, 2000 heart valve repairs, and 800 minimally invasive cardiac surgeries.
- He has also performed more than 5000 open heart surgeries, 200 heart and lung transplant surgeries, and 150 VAD and ECMO implantation procedures.
- He has been instrumental in the introduction of LVAD in India and helped in the treatment of a large number of patients suffering from heart diseases and heart failure. He performed the first Intramyocardial Stem cell Therapy in India at KDAH in 2007.
- Dr. Kapadia is an expert in various types of congenital, peripheral and vascular heart surgeries and Angioplasty along with general cardiac procedures and heart and lung transplant surgery.
- He has been involved in designing and developing new techniques to assist cardiac surgeons in various cardiovascular and thoracic surgeries. One such invention is the modified Aortic root enlargement surgery.
- He has worked with several prestigious hospitals in India, USA, and other foreign countries. Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia has also developed various new and modified cardiac surgery procedures which have been used by other cardiac surgeons of the world.
- With an equal interest in research, Dr. Kapadia has published numerous articles on adult and pediatric cardiac surgery. He also has several other publications as abstracts, papers, and articles in renowned national and international medical journals.
- Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia holds memberships in prestigious medical associations and regularly attends conferences and seminars all over the world. He has presented more than 100 presentations on the various aspects of cardiac surgery and cardiac care in such scientific forums.
Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia’s Expertise
- Aortic root enlargement surgery
- Carotid artery surgery
- Congenital heart surgery
- Coronary and Peripheral Angioplasty
- ECMO and VAD implantations
- Fontan procedure
- Heart and Lung transplant surgery
- Heart Bypass surgery/ CABG
- Heart valve repair and replacement
- Hybrid and endovascular surgery
- Management and treatment of heart failure patients
- Minimal Access Cardiac surgery
- Open heart surgery
- Ross procedure
Work Experience of Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia
- Head of Adult Cardiac Surgery and Director of Heart and Lung Transplant Service at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai, Presently
- Director of Cardiac Surgery at L H Hiranandani Hospital, Powai
- Director of Cardiac Surgery at Indo-American Heart Centre, Indore, and Kolkata
- HOD of Cardiac Surgery at Fortis Hospital, Chennai
- HOD of Cardiac Surgery at B M Birla Heart Institute, Kolkata
- Chief of Cardiac Surgery at SRM Hospitals, Chennai
- Head and Senior Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Global Health City, Chennai
Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia’s Qualifications
- MBBS from MGM Medical College, Indore
- MS in General Surgery from MGM Medical College, Indore
- MCh in Cardiovascular and thoracic Surgery from Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Fellow of Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellowship International Study Circle
Fellowships of Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia
- Regional Medical College, France
- Marry le langue Hospital, Paris
- Jefferson University Hospital, USA
- Allegheny University (St. Christopher’s Hospital), USA
Memberships of Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia
- Cardiological Society of India (honorary member)
- Indian Society of Cardiology
- Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- American Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Australian Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons
- Pan-African Society of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgeons