- Dr. Anil Bhan is an excellent Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon in Gurgaon specializing in aortic valve surgery and holds the largest experience of aortic surgery in India.
- He has performed more than 15,000 cardiac and vascular surgeries that include heart transplant surgery, aortic aneurysm surgery, pediatric cardiac surgery, valve repairs and peripheral vascular surgery among several others.
- He holds an experience of 35+ years in CTVS and has designed and developed more than 50 instruments useful for cardiac procedures and surgeries.
- He is one of the best pediatric cardiac surgeons in Delhi and NCR and is credited with performing heart bypass surgery on the youngest patient in India in 2007 (18 months).
- He performed the first extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and was the first to use harmonic scalpel for harvesting radial mammary artery conduits in India in 2000 and 1995 respectively.
- He was part of the team in 1994 that performed the first heart transplant in India and has assisted with transplant surgeries in several hospitals all over the country
- Dr. Bhan has been associated with various cardiac centers across the country and played a pioneering role in starting three cardiac surgical programs at Puttaparthi, Whitefield and Max Heart and Vascular Institute in 1992, 2001 and 2004 respectively.
- Together with his practice, he has also been a professor of cardiac surgery at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where he taught and trained young surgeons on CTVS procedures.
- He is a well known cardiac surgeon all over the world because of his contributions in CTVS and inventing new equipments that help surgeons with various cardiac procedures.
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Heart Valve Repair and replacement
- Bentall, David and Ross procedure
- Heart Transplant surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery
- Surgery for complex congenital heart defects
- Heart failure surgery
- Vice Chairman and Senior Consultant of Cardiac surgery at Heart Institute of Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon since 2008
- Director and Chief Coordinator of Cardiovascular and Thoracic surgery at Max Heart and Vascular Institute, Saket from 2004 to 2008
- Professor of Cardiac Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 1992 to 2004
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Srinagar, 1981
- MS in General Surgery from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, 1984
- MCh in Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 1988
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Cardiothoracic Surgical Network, USA
- Delhi Chapter of Cardiological Society of India