Snapshot of Medanta-The Medicity
- Medanta- The Medicity is the largest multi super specialty hospital in Gurgaon with both NABH and NABL accreditation.
- The 1250- bedded hospital was founded by Dr. Naresh Trehan in the year 2009 with a view to provide the best medical care at an affordable cost.
- The hospital is spread across 43 acres and includes 45 operation theatres and 350 beds dedicated solely for ICU.
- The hospital includes 800+ doctors, more than 22 speciality departments and has a dedicated floor for individual speciality in order to offer the best services under one roof.
- Medanta is considered one of the premier institutes in India for Cardiac Care and includes staffs and members of high caliber.
- The hospital has 6 distinct centers of excellence that include the Heart Institute, Bone and Joint Institute, Cancer Institute, Institute of Neurosciences, Medical Oncology and Hematology and the Kidney and Urology Institute.
- It provides the most advanced treatment options to the patients with the help of latest world class technologies and equipments that are available at only a few hospitals of the world.
- Medanta is the first hospital in India that started Robotic surgery for Cardiology, Gynecology and Urology.
- All the latest techniques and equipments can be found in the hospital that includes 256 Slice CT Scanner, Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System, 3 Tesla MRI, remote controlled HDR Integrated Brachytherapy, Brain Suite, Artis- Zeego Endovascular Surgical Cath Lab, Digital Mammography, PET CT scanner, Bone Densitometry, 3D/4D Ultrasound and Fluoroscopy.
Medanta Super speciality Hospital has performed over 15,000 cardiac surgeries, 500 living donor transplants, 2500 joint replacement surgeries and is currently holding the record for the highest number of liver transplants performed in India and record of second highest in the world. In 2003 January, a renowned congregation of best-in-class doctors under the guidance of Dr. A.S. Soin performed the first successful intestinal transplant in India.
Clinical Specialities / Institutions
- Cancer Treatment (Cancer Institute)
- Head & Neck Oncology
- Orthopaedics & Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Radiation Oncology
- Cardiac Surgery (Institute of cardiac care and anaesthesiology)
- Urology & Andrology (Institute of Liver Transplant & Regenerative Medicine)
- Peripheral Vascular & Endovascular Sciences
- Neurological Disorders (Institute of Neurosciences)
- Emergency & Trauma care
- Endocrinology & Diabetology
- ENT and Head Surgery
Accreditations & Achievements
- NABL &NABH certified lab
- Launched India’s first-ever Air Ambulance known as Flying Doctor in India, 2013
- Treatment modules customized for International patient healthcare
- Multiple Locations including Delhi, Gurgaon, Lucknow, Indore, Ranchi
- Massive 2.1 million sq.ft campus with 22+ super speciality facilities and over 1600 beds- all under one roof
- Superior technology-based backbone that includes state-of-the-art treatment assistance including 3D and 4D Ultrasound and Digital Mammography, Da Vinci Robot for Minimal Invasive Surgery, Intra-Operative Imaging Theatre Gamma Camera, Fluoroscopy, Bone Densitometry, remote-controlled HDR, 3.0 Tesla MRI, and more
- Awarded the VC Healthcare Awards for Single Specialty Healthcare Entity
- Awarded the Best Multi-speciality Hospital by Asia’s First Bloodless Bone Marrow Transplant Healthcare Global Enterprise in 2010
- One of India’s first hospital to offer Robotics Surgery in Cardiology, Urology, and Gynaecology.
Milestones achieved by Medanta
- A team of doctors performed the first successful intestine transplant in India in the year 2013 headed by Dr. A S Soin.
- Performed the highest number of living donor liver transplants in India and the 2nd highest in the world (over 500)
- The hospital holds a world record for the largest number of Total Knee Replacement surgeries done in the least amount of time (30 in a day)
- Received the VC Circle Healthcare Award in 2013 in the Single Specialty Healthcare Entity category
- Awarded the Best Multi Specialty Hospital in 2010 by HCG
Facilities for International Patients at Medanta
- The hospital has a dedicated international help desk to cater to every need of an international patient ranging from airport pickup, currency exchange, visa assistance, language interpretation, health insurance, etc.
- An international executive (buddy) is assigned to every patient who helps the patient with and all kinds of hospital administrative processes like hospital admissions and discharge, medical care facilities and scheduling appointments.
- Foreign patients can also book special treatment packages before planning their travel.
- It also offers an international lounge facility to the patient and the family that provides all kinds of hospital support.
Services and other facilities at Medanta
- Air Ambulance
- Blood Bank
- Online appointments and Telemedicine
- Lab tests and Diagnostics
- Emergency and Trauma Care
- Cafeteria with international cuisines
- Wi Fi services
Top Doctors at Medanta
Connectivity from Medanta
- Indira Gandhi International Airport is at a distance of 18 kms from the hospital
- Nearest metro station is the HUDA City Center metro station at a distance of just 4 kms
- Cab and taxis are available 24 hours through easy bookings