Designation of Dr. Jamshed Dalal
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Jamshed Dalal
- Dr. Jamshed Dalal is a well-known Interventional Cardiologist in Mumbai currently serving as the Director of Cardiac Sciences at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
- He has over 45+ years of experience and specializes in Adult Interventional Cardiology.
- Dr. Jamshed Dalal is a highly recommended cardiologist for Angiography and performed his first coronary angiography in the year 1978 in the UK.
- He specializes in various kinds of coronary and peripheral cardiac procedures and carries immense expertise in Angioplasty, intravascular ultrasound, Pacemaker Implantation, and FFR.
- Dr. Dalal was one of the first cardiologists to introduce angioplasty in India and has performed over 20,000 angioplasty procedures till date.
- Dr. Dalal has been part of several other prestigious cardiology hospitals in India and played a pioneering role in setting up the Cardiac Catheterization Lab in Hinduja Hospital in 1987.
- He had a hand in starting up the department of cardiology at the prestigious Lilavati Hospital and also coordinated and headed the Cardiovascular unit until he left in 2009.
- Dr. Dalal also helped in starting the Wockhardt Heart Hospital in Mumbai (now Fortis Mulund) along with two others in 1999 and made it into an excellent center for cardiology.
- He regularly gets invited as a faculty to international and national conferences and seminars and has attended numerous workshops for interventional cardiology and cardiac care.
- Dr. Jamshed Dalal finds interest in research activities and has numerous papers, abstracts, and articles which have been published in renowned national and medical journals such as the Indian Heart Journal and the Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research.
Work Experience of Dr. Jamshed Dalal
- Director of Cardiac Sciences and Chief Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, Presently
- Co-founder of the department of Cardiology at Wockhardt Heart Hospital (now Fortis Mulund), Mumbai in 1999
- Coordinator of Cardiovascular Division at Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai from 1995 to 2009
- Honorary Cardiologist at Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai in 1987
- Chief Cardiologist at Holy Family Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Jamshed Dalal’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Mumbai University in 1971
- MD in General Medicine from Mumbai University in 1976
- DM in Cardiology from Mumbai University in 1977
- Ph.D. in Cardiology from the University of Wales, United Kingdom in 1981
- Doctorate in Medicine and Doctorate in Cardiology from Mumbai University
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Jamshed Dalal
- Received the Yong Researcher Award from the British Cardiac Society in 1981