Profile Snapshot of Dr. Neville Solomon
- Dr. Neville Solomon is one of the best Cardiothoracic Surgeons in South India who specializes in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery.
- He has been active in the field for 21 years and managing congenital heart diseases.
- Dr. Solomon is practicing as a senior consultant in Apollo Hospital Chennai.
- His special interest extends to performing Bypass Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Aortic Valve Surgery, Infarct exclusion surgery, Blood Vessel Dilators, ECMO, Left Ventricular Assisted Device, and Minimally Invasive CABG, Keyhole Angioplasty, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Ventricular Tachycardia, and Complete Heart Block.
- Dr. Neville Solomon heads the Cardiology unit; his team has conducted over 3100 heart operations on newborn babies and adults with complex cardiac situations.
- In addition to this, Dr. Solomon runs the Save a Child’s Heart Initiative (SACHI) Program with his associates at Apollo Hospital.
Dr. Neville Solomon’s Expertise
- AICD treatment
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Balloon septostomy
- Balloon Valvuloplasty – Aortic
- Biventricular Pacing
- Cardiac Catheterization for congenital problem treatment
- Closure of Fistulas
- Complex congenital heart surgeries
- Coronary Angiogram
- Device Closure – ASD and VSD
- ECMO Support
- EPS – Electrophysiological treatment
- Fetal Echocardiogram
- Neonatal and Infant cardiac surgeries
- PDA Device Closure
- Pediatric interventional cardiology
- PPI – Permanent Pacemaker Implant – Single Chamber
- PTCA – Percutaneous Transluminal
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Single Ventricle Defects Surgery
- Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection Repair Arterial Switch
Work Experience of Dr. Neville Solomon
- Consultant Pediatric Cardiologist, Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Apollo Children Hospitals, Chennai
- Registrar (Cardiothoracic Surgery), Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Dr. Neville Solomon’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Madras Medical College in 1991
- MS (General Surgery) from Medical college hospital, Trivandrum in 1995
- M.Ch (Cardio-Thoracic Surgery) from Madras Medical College in 1998
Memberships of Dr. Neville Solomon
- Tamil Nadu Medical Council
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Neville Solomon
- Performed over 6000 heart operations to date, including 3000 congenital cardiac surgeries in newborns and adults
- Performs heart surgeries on underprivileged kids under his initiative “Save a Child’s Heart initiative (SACHi)” program
- Chairman, Alfred Solomon Heart Foundation