Designation of Dr. T S Kler
Dr. T S Kler
Vascular Surgeon, Interventional Cardiologist
Chairman – Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Fortis Heart and Vascular Institute
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
Profile Snapshot of Dr. T S Kler
- Dr. T S Kler is undoubtedly one of the best vascular surgeons not only in India but also abroad.
- He has performed more than 25,000 Surgeries in his life which makes him stand where he is.
- He is a pioneer in electrophysiology & he established the first dedicated Electrophysiology department in India at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
- Dr. T S Kler initiated a radio Frequency Ablations programme at Escorts in 1993, one of the first of its kind in India.
- He was the first doctor in India to implant an ICD, CRT-P & CRT-D.
- Dr. Kler also did the first HIS bundle pacing in India in 2015.
- He was instrumental in starting RF Ablation & cardiac devices implantation programmes in many Centres in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Srilanka & Pakistan.
Dr. T S Kler’s Expertise
- Dr. T.S. Kler is an active cardiac surgeon who has introduced many era-evolving techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac disorders.
- He has a special interest in Interventional Cardiology & Cardiac Electrophysiology, Coronary, renal, carotid & peripheral angioplasties.
Work Experience of Dr. T S Kler
- Dr. T S Kler was one of the founding members of Escorts Heart Institute, where he served for more than 28 years, and was honored with the post of Executive Director in the last 12 years of his service here.
- Chairman at PSRI Heart Institute from August 2017 – November 2020
- Honorary Professor of Cardiology for Banaras Hindu University, (BHU) and O. P. Jindal University, Sonipat.
- Scientific advisor to various multinational companies like Boston Scientific, Medtronic, & St. Jude, all incorporated in the USA.
Dr. T S Kler’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Medical College, Patiala
- MD in Medicine from PGI Chandigarh
- DM in Cardiology from PGI Chandigarh
- MRCP from UK
- F.R.C.P. (U.K.)
- FACC (USA)
- D.Sc (Honoris Causa) from Punjab University in 2007
Memberships of Dr. T S Kler
- Founding President of Heart Rhythm Society of India (HRS)
- Life Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellow Royal Colleges of Physicians of the (FRCP) UK
- Life Member of Cardiological Society of India (CSI)
- Vice President of Indian College of Cardiology (ICC)
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life Member of Association Physicians of India (API)
- Life Member of Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
- Life Member of North American Society of Pacing & Electrophysiology (NASPE)
Publications of Dr. T S Kler
- He has published articles in more than 150 journals including both national and international ones.
- He has also been on the editorial board of the Indian Heart Journal.