Designation of Dr. Yugal Kishore Mishra
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Yugal K Mishra
- Dr. Yugal Kishore Mishra is a well-known cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon in Delhi specializing in Minimally Invasive and Robotic cardiac surgeries.
- He has 3 decades of experience in CTVS and has performed more than 19,000 open heart surgeries to date that including various types of minimally invasive cardiac procedures such as the port access approach for valve surgery and ASD closure.
- He has been an important member of the team that started the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. He is the founder of the Robotic Cardiac Surgery Program in the hospital where he has performed over 500 robotic cardiac surgeries.
- Dr. Mishra has received extensive training in robotic cardiac surgery and minimally invasive cardiac procedures from some of the best centers in USA, Netherlands, France, and Sweden.
- Dr. Yugal Kishore Mishra is among the most experienced cardiac surgeons in India that perform surgeries using minimally invasive and computer-assisted techniques and is the best in what he does. He has performed more than 1800 key-hole surgeries and over 1000 redo cardiac procedures through such techniques.
- Dr. Yugal K Mishra regularly attends national and international seminars and conferences where he has chaired several sessions as well as presented papers on his work of study. He has also performed live surgeries in various cardiac workshops in Bangladesh, Nepal, and Thailand.
- Along with his clinical work, Dr. Mishra is also actively involved in research and has over 150 publications to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals.
- Dr. Yugal Kishore Mishra’s work has been highly appreciated by his peers and he has also won various certifications and awards for his contribution to cardiac surgery, especially towards Minimally Invasive Cardiac techniques.
Dr. Yugal Kishore Mishra ’s Expertise
- Ascending aortic aneurysms and dissections surgery
- Beating heart coronary artery bypass surgery
- Bentall/David/Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- CABG in patients with poor ventricular function
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) through MICS
- Extracorporeal life support
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement
- Major Thoracic and Vascular surgery
- Major Vascular surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS)- MIDCAB, OPCAB, ASD closure, Port access, Aortic valve surgery
- Open Heart Surgery
- Redo Valve and Coronary surgery
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery- Da Vinci
- Surgery for heart failure
- Total Arterial Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Ventricular assist devices
Work Experience of Dr. Yugal K Mishra
- Director of Cardiovascular Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi since 1991
- Director of Cardiovascular and Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery at Max Heart and Vascular Institute, Saket, 2006
Dr. Yugal K Mishra’s Qualifications
- MBBS from S S Medical College, Madhya Pradesh in 1980
- MS in General Surgery from S S Medical College, Madhya Pradesh in 1984
- Ph.D. in Cardiovascular Surgery from Bakulev Institute of Cardio-Vascular Surgery, Moscow in 1991
- Fellowship of Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of India
- CTVS Fellowship from University Hospital Uppsala, Sweden
Trainings done by Dr. Yugal Kishore Mishra
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery and Robotic Cardiac Surgery from University Medical Center Utrecht, Netherlands
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery from Odessa Texas, USA
- Robotic MIDCAB Surgery from Columbia University Medical Centre, USA
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery from Ohio State University, USA
- Endoscopic Internal Mammary Artery harvesting (Special Course) from Institute of Tele-surgery, University of Strasbourg, France
- Minimally access Valve Surgery (Keyhole surgery) from Salt Lake City, USA
Memberships of Dr. Yugal K Mishra
- Former BOD at International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, USA
- President of International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons of India
- President of Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeons
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Cardiological Society of India
- Founder member of Indian College of Cardiology
- Council member, Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia,
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Yugal Kishore Mishra
- Rashtriya Ratan Award from International Study Circle in 2005
- Lifetime Achievement Award from World Congress on Clinical and Preventive Cardiology in 2006
- Awarded Doctorate of Science (Honoris Causa) by the Chancellor of Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya and Governor of MP
Languages spoken by Dr. Yugal K Mishra