- Dr. Yugal K Mishra is a well known cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon in Delhi specializing in Minimally Invasive and Robotic cardiac surgeries.
- He has 3 decades of experience in CTVS and has performed more than 19,000 open heart surgeries till date that includes various types of minimally invasive cardiac procedures such as port access approach for valve surgery and ASD closure.
- He has been an important member of the team that started the Escorts Heart Institute. He is the founder of the Robotic Cardiac Surgery Program in the hospital where he has performed over 500 robotic cardiac surgeries.
- Dr. Mishra has received extensive training in robotic cardiac surgery and minimally invasive cardiac procedures from some of the best centers in USA, Netherlands, France and Sweden.
- He is among the most experienced cardiac surgeons in India that perform surgeries using minimally invasive and computer assisted techniques and is the best in what he does. He has performed more than 1800 key-hole surgeries and over 1000 redo cardiac procedures through such techniques.
- He regularly attends national and international seminars and conferences where he has chaired several sessions as well as presented papers on his work of study. He has also performed live surgeries in various cardiac workshops in Bangladesh, Nepal and Thailand.
- Along with his clinical work, Dr. Mishra is also actively involved in research and has over 150 publications to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals.
- His work has been highly appreciated by his peers and he has also won various certifications and awards for his contribution in cardiac surgery especially towards Minimally Invasive Cardiac techniques.
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS)- MIDCAB, OPCAB, ASD closure, Port access, Aortic valve surgery
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery- Da Vinci
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) through MICS
- Open Heart Surgery
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement
- Heart Transplant
- Bentall/David/Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Major Thoracic and Vascular surgery
- Redo Valve and Coronary surgery
- Beating heart coronary artery bypass surgery
- Total Aterial Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Ascending aortic aneurysms and dissections surgery
- Carotid endarterectomy
- CABG in patients with poor ventricular function
- Extra corporeal life support
- Major Vascular surgery
- Surgery for heart failure
- Ventricular assist devices
- Director of Cardiovascular Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi since 1991
- Director of Cardiovascular and Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery at Max Heart and Vascular Institute, Saket, 2006
- MBBS from S S Medical College, Madhya Pradesh, 1980
- MS in General Surgery from S S Medical College, Madhya Pradesh, 1984
- PhD in Cardiovascular Surgery from Bakulev Institute of Cardio-Vascular Surgery, Moscow, 1991
- Fellowship of Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of India
- CTVS Fellowship from University Hospital Uppsala, Sweden
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery and Robotic Cardiac Surgery from University Medical Center Utrecht, Netherlands
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery from Odessa Texas, USA
- Robotic MIDCAB Surgery from Columbia University Medical Centre, USA
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery from Ohio State University, USA
- Endoscopic Internal Mammary Artery harvesting (Special Course) from Institute of Tele-surgery, University of Strasbourg, France
- Minimally access Valve Surgery (Key hole surgery) from Salt Lake City, USA
- Former BOD, International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, USA
- President, International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons of India,
- President, Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeons
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Cardiological Society of India
- Founder member, Indian College of Cardiology
- Council member, Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia,
Awards and Recognitions
- Rashtriya Ratan Award from International Study Circle in 2005
- Lifetime Achievement Award from World Congress on Clinical and Preventive Cardiology in 2006
- Awarded Doctorate of Science (Honoris Causa) by the Chancellor of Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya and Governor of MP