Profile Snapshot of Dr. Subhash Chandra
- Dr. Subhas Chandra is a leading Interventional Cardiologist in Delhi presently associated with BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital as the Chairman and Head of Cardiology.
- He holds close to 20 years of experience and specializes in coronary interventions, endovascular interventions, device implantation, and structural heart diseases.
- He has performed more than 25,000 coronary interventions (complex angioplasty and rotablation), 4000+ for structural heart diseases, and has done more than 3000 permanent pacemaker implants.
- Dr. Chandra’s knowledge of interventional cardiology is enormous and he has served both as a consultant and teacher of cardiology in some of the prestigious medical hospitals and colleges in India.
- Dr. Chandra is regularly invited as a lecturer and faculty to various cardiology seminars, meetings, and conferences at the national and international levels. He has attended and participated in numerous Cardiology workshops and CMEs at Euro-PCR, TCT- Asia, PCR- Asia Pacific, and several other meetings.
- He is equally interested in research and has more than 50 publications in renowned national and international medical journals. His work on Valvuloplasty and Angioplasty has been highly appreciated by his peers and received great reviews.
- Dr. Subhas Chandra holds memberships of prestigious medical organizations and for his contributions, he was honored twice with the Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award.
Dr. Subhash Chandra’s Expertise
- Adult congenital device closure
- Angioplasty Stenting
- Aortic dissection
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Congenital and Rheumatic Young Aortic stenosis
- Coronary Intervention
- Endovascular interventions
- EVAR, TEVAR, IVC filter placement
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Permanent pacemaker implantation– ventricular pacemaker, biventricular pacemaker, pacemaker for atrial fibrillation, AICD, Combo devices, and dual chamber pacemaker
Work Experience of Dr. Subhash Chandra
- Chairman and HOD of Cardiology at BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi, Presently
- Director and Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Director of Interventional Cardiology at Narinder Mohan Heart Centre, Ghaziabad
- Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Assistant Professor of Interventional Cardiology at AIIMS, New Delhi
- Clinical Registrar of Cardiology at J N Medical College, Aligarh
Dr. Subhash Chandra’s Qualifications
- MBBS from J N Medical College, Aligarh in 1983
- MD in Internal Medicine from J N Medical College, Aligarh in 1987
- DNB in Cardiology from AIIMS in 1991
- DM in Cardiology from AIIMS in 1991
- Fellowship training in Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) and Carotid Interventions from Crossings, Brussels, Belgium
- Visiting Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology from Rouen, France
Memberships of Dr. Subhash Chandra
- National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Cardiological Society of India
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Subhash Chandra
- Received the Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award in 1989 and 1997
- Received the Col. K. L Chopra Research Award in 1993