- Dr. Rajesh Sharma is one of the most experienced and widely acclaimed Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon specializing in pediatric cardiac surgery in India .
- He provides treatment for both adult and pediatric heart diseases and disorders and focuses primarily on complex congenital heart diseases.
- His expertise lies in infant and Neonatal cardiac surgery, surgery for transposition of the great arteries, Fontan circulation and acquired heart diseases.
- His experiences encompasses over 3 decades during which he has performed over 20,000 heart surgeries including congenital heart disorders as well as acquired heart defects.
- He did his fellowship trainings in pediatric cardiovascular surgery from premier institutes in the USA and has used his knowledge and skills to take up several complex cardiac cases and deliver excellent results.
- Along with his practice, Dr. Sharma has also been involved in teaching and training under graduate and post graduate students and started his career as a faculty with AIIMS, Delhi. He has also mentored cardiac surgery trainees who are now well established surgeons in various parts of India.
- He has contributed immensely to the field of pediatric cardiac surgery in India and has various publications to his name in renowned national and international scientific journals.
- Pediatric Cardiac surgery
- Adult Cardiac surgery
- Surgery for complex congenital heart diseases
- Surgery for acquired heart disorders
- Neonatal and infant cardiac surgery
- Fontan circulation
- Surgery for transposition of the great arteries
- Heart Bypass surgery
- Coronary and Peripheral Angioplasty
- Aortic valve repair and replacement
- Mitral valve repair and replacement
- Device closure- ASD, VSD
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Double-switch operation for congenitally corrected transposition
- Biventricular repair for complex congenital heart diseases in children- CCTGA and heterotaxy
- Director of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at Jaypee Hospital, Noida (2014-20)
- Director and Head of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi from 2007 to 2014
- Senior Consultant and Professor of Cardiac Surgery at Narayana Hrudalaya, Bangalore from 2001 to 2007
- Additional Professor of Cardiac surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 1991 to 2001
- MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1982
- MS in General Surgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1986
- MCh in Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1988
- Mary Ann King Hospital for Children, Miami, 1991
- Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 1989
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- Indian Association of Thoracic and Cardio Vascular Surgery
- World Society of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery