Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rajesh Sharma
- Dr. Rajesh Sharma is one of the most experienced and widely acclaimed Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgeons specializing in pediatric cardiac surgery in India.
- He provides treatment for both adult and pediatric heart diseases and disorders and focuses primarily on complex congenital heart diseases.
- Dr. Sharma’s expertise lies in infant and Neonatal cardiac surgery, surgery for transposition of the great arteries, Fontan circulation, and acquired heart diseases.
- His experiences encompass over 3 decades during which he has performed over 20,000 heart surgeries including congenital heart disorders as well as acquired heart defects.
- Dr. Rajesh Sharma did his fellowship training in pediatric cardiovascular surgery from premier institutes in the USA and has used his knowledge and skills to take up several complex cardiac cases and deliver excellent results.
- Along with his practice, Dr. Sharma has also been involved in teaching and training undergraduate and postgraduate students and started his career as a faculty with AIIMS, Delhi. He has also mentored cardiac surgery trainees who are now well-established surgeons in various parts of India.
- Dr. Rajesh Sharma has contributed immensely to the field of pediatric cardiac surgery in India and has various publications to his name in renowned national and international scientific journals.
Dr. Rajesh Sharma’s Expertise
- Adult Cardiac surgery
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Aortic valve repair and replacement
- Biventricular repair for complex congenital heart diseases in children- CCTGA and heterotaxy
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Coronary and Peripheral Angioplasty
- Device closure- ASD, VSD
- Double-switch operation for congenitally corrected transposition
- Fontan circulation
- Heart Bypass surgery
- Mitral valve repair and replacement
- Neonatal and infant cardiac surgery
- Pediatric Cardiac surgery
- Surgery for acquired heart disorders
- Surgery for complex congenital heart diseases
- Surgery for transposition of the great arteries
Work Experience of Dr. Rajesh Sharma
- Director of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at Jaypee Hospital, Noida (2014-20)
- Director and Head of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi from 2007 to 2014
- Senior Consultant and Professor of Cardiac Surgery at Narayana Hrudalaya, Bengaluru from 2001 to 2007
- Additional Professor of Cardiac Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 1991 to 2001
Dr. Rajesh Sharma’s Qualifications
- MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1982
- MS in General Surgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1986
- MCh in Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1988
Trainings done by Dr. Rajesh Sharma
- Mary Ann King Hospital for Children, Miami, 1991
- Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 1989
Memberships of Dr. Rajesh Sharma
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- Indian Association of Thoracic and Cardio Vascular Surgery
- World Society of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery