Profile Snapshot of Dr. Anvay Mulay
- Dr. Anvay Mulay is a well-known cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon in Mumbai and one of the best heart transplant surgeons in India.
- He holds an extensive experience of close to 3 decades and has been associated with renowned cardiac hospitals in India, US, and UK.
- His expertise lies in CABG, minimally invasive cardiac surgeries, heart valve repairs, heart failure surgeries, and surgeries for various other types of heart diseases and disorders.
- He holds the credit of performing the largest number of beating heart Coronary Artery bypass grafting in the country with over 4000 successful CABGs.
- Dr. Mulay is one of the top surgeons for Adult cardiac procedures in India. He was the first to introduce LVAD in West and Central India when he performed the surgery on a 49-year-old patient.
- He is an expert in heart transplant surgeries and holds the credit for 50 out of the 60 heart transplant surgeries in Mumbai on patients of all ages.
- Dr. Anvay Mulay has been instrumental in developing new and better techniques for cardiac surgery in order to help in faster recovery. One such example is his innovative technique of using mammary arteries for grafts instead of the radial arteries. He also devised patient-centric minimally invasive cardiac surgeries to help patients recover faster.
- He has been invited as a lecturer and faculty in medical conferences, seminars, and scientific meetings all over the world. He has delivered speeches and given presentations on many occasions in such congregations.
- Dr. Anvay Mulay is also actively involved in research and has numerous articles, abstracts, and papers that have been published in leading national and international journals.
Dr. Anvay Mulay’s Expertise
- Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Aortic Dissections
- Aortic root replacements
- Beating heart CABG
- Bentall, David, and Ross Procedures
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Heart transplantations
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement
- High-risk cardiac surgeries
- LVAD and HVAD Pump implants
- Management of end-stage heart failure
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Mitral and Aortic Valve repair and replacement
- Off-pump CABG
- Total Arterial Revascularization
Work Experience of Dr. Anvay Mulay
- Director – Cardiac Surgery at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai Presently
- Head and Chief Consultant of CTVS and Heart Transplant at Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
- Consultant of Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at S L Raheja Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai
- Consultant of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery at Leeds General Infirmary, United Kingdom
- Director of Cardiac Surgery at Caribbean Heart Care, Trinidad, and Tobago
Dr. Anvay Mulay’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai in 1983
- MS in General Surgery from Grant Medical College and Sir J J Hospitals, Mumbai in 1987
- MCh in Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Grant Medical College and Sir J J Hospitals, Mumbai in 1989
- Fellowship in Cardiac Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons, UK
Trainings done by Dr. Anvay Mulay
- Vincent’s Hospital, Portland Oregon, USA
- Rambam Medical Centre, Haifa, Israel
Memberships of Dr. Anvay Mulay
- Indian Association of Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Indian Medical Council
- General Medical Council, UK