- Dr. Anvay Mulay is a well known cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon in Mumbai and one of the best heart transplant surgeons in India.
- He holds an extensive experience of close to 3 decades and has been associated with renowned cardiac hospitals in India, US and UK prior to joining Fortis.
- His expertise lies in CABG, minimally invasive cardiac surgeries, heart valve repairs, heart failure surgeries and surgeries for various other types of heart diseases and disorders.
- He holds the credit of performing the largest number of beating heart Coronary Artery bypass grafting in the country with over 4000 successful CABGs.
- Dr Mulay is one of the top surgeons for Adult cardiac procedures in India. He was the first to introduce LVAD in West and Central India when he performed the surgery on a 49 year old patient.
- He is an expert in heart transplant surgeries and holds credit of 50 out of the 60 heart transplant surgeries in Mumbai on patients of all ages.
- He has been instrumental in developing new and better techniques for cardiac surgery in order to help in faster recovery. One such example is his innovative technique of using mammary artery for grafts instead of radial artery. He also devised patient centric minimally invasive cardiac surgeries to help patients recover faster.
- He has been invited as a lecturer and faculty in medical conferences, seminars and scientific meetings all over the world. He has delivered speeches and given presentations on many occasions in such congregations.
- He is also actively involved in research and has numerous articles, abstracts and papers that have been published in leading national and international journals.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Heart transplantations
- Off pump CABG
- Beating heart CABG
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement
- LVAD and HVAD Pump implants
- Management of end stage heart failure
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Total Arterial Revascularization
- Bentall, David and Ross Procedures
- Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Aortic Dissections
- Aortic root replacements
- High risk cardiac surgeries
- Mitral and Aortic Valve repair and replacement
- Head and Chief Consultant of CTVS and Heart Transplant at Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai, Presently
- Consultant of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at S L Raheja Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai
- Consultant of Cardio Thoracic Surgery at Leeds General Infirmary, United Kingdom
- Director of Cardiac Surgery at Caribbean Heart Care, Trinidad and Tobago
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, 1983
- MS in General Surgery from Grant Medical College and Sir J J Hospitals, Mumbai, 1987
- MCh in Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Grant Medical College and Sir J J Hospitals, Mumbai, 1989
- Fellowship in Cardiac Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- Vincent’s Hospital, Portland Oregon, USA
- Rambam Medical Centre, Haifa, Israel
- Indian Association of Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Indian Medical Council
- General Medical Council, UK