Designation of Dr. Praveen Chandra
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Praveen Chandra
- Dr. Praveen Chandra is one of the most well-known and respected Interventional Cardiologists in India.
- He is highly recognized for his knowledge and expertise in interventional cardiology and for developing new and advanced technology and devices.
- Dr. Praveen Chandra has an extensive experience of over 3 decades and performs over 5000 percutaneous and diagnostic interventions every year.
- He specializes in devising techniques that help minimize open surgeries. Dr. Praveen Chandra performed the first Percutaneous Aortic Valve implantation without surgery in India.
- He also developed techniques to reduce the number of patients requiring bypass surgeries and has been trying to make angioplasty techniques more accurate to help with the treatment of multiple blocked arteries.
- Dr. Chandra used the Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) technique on a 78-year-old patient to treat multiple coronary blocks for which he was featured in a leading Indian newspaper, The Times of India.
- He is regularly invited as a faculty to attend conferences and deliver speeches and present papers on his area of research. He also organizes seminars and meetings on a regular basis to share his work and talk about the advancements in interventional cardiology.
- Dr. Praveen Chandra’s contribution to cardiology is huge, especially in Coronary Angioplasty for which he has won several awards and appreciation. He was part of the team in Asia that started the Percutaneous Myocardial Laser Revascularization Program.
- He has more than 100 publications to his credit in the name of abstracts, articles, and papers in renowned national and international medical journals.
Dr. Praveen Chandra’s Expertise
- AngioJet Thrombectomy Device usage for heart blockage
- Angioplasty Stenting
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Biventricular Pacing
- Coronary Angioplasty– Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
- IVC Filter Insertion
- Percutaneous Aortic Valve Implantation
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Using the Fractional Flow Reserve technique (FFR) for multiple blocked arteries
- Using Rotarex and Kensey Nash DPD device for treatment of heart diseases
Work Experience of Dr. Praveen Chandra
- Chairman of Interventional Cardiology at Heart Institute of Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram since 2010
- Director of Cardiac Cath Lab and Acute MI services at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket from 2004 to 2010
- Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi from 1992 to 2004
Dr. Praveen Chandra’s Qualifications
- MBBS from King George’s Medical School, Lucknow in 1985
- MD in Medicine from King George’s Medical School, Lucknow in 1986
- DM in Cardiology from King George’s Medical School, Lucknow in 1991
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology in 2006
- Fellow of the Asia-Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology in 2006
- Fellow of the Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention in 2006
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology in 2007
- Fellow of the Endovascular Intervention Society of India
Memberships of Dr. Praveen Chandra
- Cardiology Society of India
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Praveen Chandra
- Honored with the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2016
- Recognized for Success, achievement, and contributions to Angioplasty in India in 1998