- Dr. Ajay Kaul is a leading name in the field of Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery in India.
- He has over 3 decades of experience in performing cardiac surgeries and has done more than 10,000 cardiac operations till date.
- He specializes in Coronary Bypass surgery and is one of the best with the highest number of total arterial coronary bypass surgery (4000+) by using two internal mammary arteries from the chest and without any cuts on arms and legs.
- His interest lies in complex congenital cardiac diseases in children, pediatric cardiac surgery, aneurysm surgery, valve repair surgery and cardiac failure surgery.
- He is also an expert in minimally invasive cardiac surgeries (MICS) and has performed more than 4000 MICS which is the highest by any cardiac surgeon in India.
- Dr. Kaul received his training in heart transplant surgeries and ventricular assist devices from prestigious cardiac institutions of the world and has used the skills in his treatment procedures with successful outcomes.
- He has played a pioneering role in starting a state of the art coronary bypass program in North India for total arterial bypass surgery in Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and has performed more than 1000 surgeries in association with the program.
- Along with his clinical practice he has also taught and trained young surgeons in cardiovascular and thoracic procedures. He has more than 70 publications to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals with several contributions in medical text books.
- Total Arterial Coronary Bypass surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Heart Valve Repair and replacement (aortic and mitral)
- Heart Transplant surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS)
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Lung Transplant
- Bentall’s procedure
- Left Ventricular Assist Device placement
- Minimally invasive ASD and VSD
- Surgery for heart failure
- Complex congenital heart surgery in children
- Chairman and HOD of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi, Presently
- Director of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi
- Director of Cardiac Surgery at B. M Birla Heart Research Centre, Kolkata
- Visiting Professor of Cardiac surgery at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Guest Professor of Cardiac Surgery at Hannover Medical School, Germany
- Teacher for Cardiothoracic Surgery at Bombay University
- Examiner of MCh (Cardiac Surgery) at Bombay University
- Associate Professor of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at LTM Medical College, Bombay
- MS in General Surgery
- MCh in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Fellowship training in Cardiac Transplant from Hannover Medical School, Germany
- Fellowship training in Minimally Invasive Surgery from Leipzig Cardiac Centre, Germany
- Fellowship training in Adult Cardiac Surgery from the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney
- Fellowship training in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery from the Royal Melbourne Children’s Hospital, Melbourne
- Cardiological Society of India
- Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of India
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular- Thoracic Surgeons