Profile Snapshot of Dr. Praveer Aggarwal
- Dr. Praveer Aggarwal is a nationally acclaimed and highly professional Interventional Cardiologist with more than 2 decades of experience.
- His specialization lies in the treatment of blockages of the coronary and peripheral arteries and is an expert in Rotational and Directional atherectomy, intravascular ultrasound, pressure wire, and the use of Drug-Eluting Stents.
- Along with his team at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Dr. Aggarwal performs close to 2000 angiographies and over 2000 coronary interventions including coronary angioplasties every year.
- He is among the best interventional cardiologists in India who provide treatment and management of patients with acute heart failure with the help of thrombectomy devices.
- He is an expert in performing all types of complex angioplasties and has been a proctor for Rotational atherectomy.
- He is regularly invited as a faculty of interventional cardiology in renowned hospitals of the world. He has attended training courses at Royal Perth Hospital in Australia and Centre Hospitalier Universitaire De Rouen, France.
- Dr. Aggarwal has made several contributions in the field of Interventional Cardiology in India for which he has received numerous awards and appreciation.
- He is equally involved in research and has more than 100 publications to his credit in renowned national and international medical and peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Praveer Aggarwal’s Expertise
- Angioplasty Stenting
- Coronary and Peripheral Angioplasty
- Coronary and Vascular Interventions
- Treatment of blocked coronary arteries using Rotational atherectomy, directional atherectomy, Drug-Eluting Stents, intravascular ultrasound, and pressure wire
- Treating blocked peripheral arteries – Carotid, iliac, subclavius, renal, and superficial femoral arteries
- Treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm with endovascular stent-grafts
Work Experience of Dr. Praveer Aggarwal
- Director of Interventional Cardiology at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute; Presently
- Visiting Faculty of Cardiology at the National Heart Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Bangladesh, Presently
- Registrar of Cardiology at LPS Institute of Cardiology, Kanpur; from 1991 to 1993
Dr. Praveer Aggarwal’s Qualifications
- MBBS – King George’s Medical College, Lucknow; 1986
- MD – General Medicine, King George’s Medical College, Lucknow; 1990
- DM – Cardiology, LPS Institute of Cardiology, Kanpur; 1993
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology – the Royal Perth Hospital, Australia
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology – Centre Hospitalier Universitaire De Rouen, France
Memberships of Dr. Praveer Aggarwal
- Cardiological Society of India
- Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology