Designation of Dr. Manjinder Sandhu
Dr. Manjinder Sandhu
Director – Cardiology & Artemis Cardiac Care
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Manjinder Sandhu
- Dr. Manjinder Sandhu is a leading interventional cardiologist based in Gurugram currently serving as the Director of Cardiology at Artemis Heart Institute.
- He holds an extensive experience of over 27 years in the field and has spent a considerable amount of years as a cardiologist for the armed forces in India
- He has also accompanied the President of India as the honorary cardiologist on tours on several occasions.
- His primary interest lies in Complex Coronary Interventions, Trans-radial Interventions, and Balloon Valvuloplasty, and has performed a large number of such procedures in his career mainly while serving in the Army Medical Corps.
- Dr. Sandhu has been teaching and training postgraduate students in Cardiology and Medicine and has been a guide to several successful cardiologists in India.
- Among his various feats, Dr. Manjinder Sandhu has been a Principal Investigator for Research projects in Biotechnology for the Government of India and the Armed Forces Medical Research Committee.
- He has been invited as a faculty to attend seminars and conferences where he delivered talks and speeches and presented papers on his field of study.
- Dr. Sandhu is an esteemed member of various medical associations and has numerous papers, abstracts, and articles to his credit in world-renowned medical journals.
Dr. Manjinder Sandhu’s Expertise
- Atherectomy and Rotational Atherectomy
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Implant
- Complex Coronary Interventions
- Device closure for Congenital heart defects
- Pacemaker and ICD implantation
- Peripheral interventions- carotid and renal
- Primary Angioplasty
- TAVI/TAVR procedure
- Trans radial interventions
Work Experience of Dr. Manjinder Sandhu
- Director of Cardiology at Artemis Heart Institute, Artemis Hospital, Gurugram since 2013
- Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Batra Hospital and Research Medical Centre, New Delhi from 2011 to 2013
- Senior Advisor of Medicine and Cardiology at the Delhi Cantonment Base Hospital from 2009 to 2011
- Additional Professor of Medicine and Cardiology at Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi Cantonment from 2008 to 2009
- Consultant of Interventional Cardiology for the Indian Army from 2001 to 2008
- Consultant Cardiology Physician for the Indian Army from 1992 to 2001
Dr. Manjinder Sandhu’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune in 1986
- MD in Internal Medicine from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune in 1993
- DNB in Internal Medicine from the National Board Of Examinations, New Delhi in 1993
- DM in Cardiology from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh in 2001
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions
Memberships of Dr. Manjinder Sandhu
- Association of Physicians of India
- European Society of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Cardiological Society of India
- European Association of Percutaneous Interventions
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Manjinder Sandhu
- Dr. Manjinder Sandhu received the Certificate of Appreciation from the Ministry of Defence and Commendation from the Ministry of Social Welfare of Sri Lanka for his service towards the flood victims of Sri Lanka in 2003