- Dr. Zainulabedin Hamdulay is one of the best cardiac surgeons in Mumbai, India and specializes in devising new and innovative techniques for cardiac surgeries.
- He has 24+ years of experience and has performed over 7000 cardiac surgeries that included complex valve repairs, congenital cardiac surgery, CABG and several minimally invasive cardiac surgeries.
- With a motive to provide the best, affordable and comprehensive cardiac care to all his patients, he founded the Hamdulay Heart Foundation to provide aid to the economically backward community.
- He acquired his trainings in Cardiac Surgery from renowned and leading institutes in India, UK and Canada.
- His primary motive is to provide the most affordable cardiac care to the poor sections of the society and has helped a large number of such people through his foundation by providing free surgeries and by spreading awareness on heart diseases.
- Dr. Hamdulay has been associated with several prestigious heart centers both in India and abroad and has been instrumental in starting the department of cardiac sciences in Prince Aly Khan Hospital in Mumbai.
- He is member of several renowned medical associations and a recognized personality among his peers. His contributions to cardiac surgery in India are enormous and has received several awards and accolades for his works and dedication.
- He is a regular invitee as a lecturer and faculty to various national and international conferences and meetings. He has presented numerous papers and posters and also delivered talks on various aspects of cardiology and cardiac surgery.
- He also organizes workshops and attends CMEs where he demonstrates live cardiac surgeries and also works towards spreading awareness for taking better care of the heart.
- He has submitted several papers on CABG, open heart surgery and pediatric cardiac surgery that have been published in prestigious medical journals.
- Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Beating heart CABG
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Total arterial coronary bypass surgery
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement
- Heart transplant surgery
- Suture less Valve Surgery
- Congenital cardiac surgery
- Complex valve repair surgery
- Director of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Global Hospital Parel, Mumbai since 2016
- Chief Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai from 2013 to 2016
- Chief Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Prince Aly Khan Hospital, Mumbai from 2004 to 2013
- Visiting Cardiac Surgeon at Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai
- Clinical Fellow of Cardiac Surgery at Toronto General Hospital, Canada
- Alumni of Sion Hospital, Mumbai
- BSc from DBF Dayanand College of Arts and Science
- MBBS from Dr. Vaishampayan Memorial Government Medical College, 1982
- MS in Surgery from Shivaji University, 1996
- MCh in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery from the University of Mumbai
- DNB in Cardiac Surgery from the National Board of Examinations, Delhi
- Toronto General Hospital, Canada
- Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
- Royal Liverpool Children’s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
- Armed Force Medical Hospital, Pune
- Sion Hospital, Mumbai
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons, Joint Secretary and Treasurer
- Indian Medical Association