- Dr. Suresh Rao is a renowned surgeon in the field of Pediatric cardiac surgery in India.
- He is a highly experienced cardiac surgeon specializing in congenital heart diseases and has performed more than 12,000 surgeries for congenital heart diseases and disorders.
- He holds an extensive experience of over 25 years in Pediatric and congenital cardiac surgery and has performed numerous simple and complex heart defect surgeries with successful outcomes.
- He also specializes in congenital heart surgery in neonatal and infants along with an interest in valve repair and cosmetic surgeries.
- Dr. Rao received his cardiac trainings from prestigious institutes in India, USA, New Zealand and Australia and used the exposure to bring about advancements in the field of pediatric cardiac surgery in India.
- He introduced the Modified Ultrafication procedure after congenital heart surgery in India and has used the procedure in the treatment of a large number of pediatric as well as adult patients.
- He holds Fellowships from renowned cardiac associations and is also a member of various medical organizations.
- He has been equally involved in research along with his clinical practice and has over 37 publications to his credit in renowned peer reviewed journals.
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Complex Congenital Heart surgery
- Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Bypass surgery
- Infants and Neonatal congenital heart surgery
- Heart Valve repair surgery
- Surgery for pulmonary artery banding
- Arterial switch and double switch surgery
- Closure for VSD and ASD
- Correction surgery for complete atrioventricular canals
- Pacemaker implantations
- Coarctation repair, left ventricular outflow tract repair, Aortic arch repair
- PDA interruption surgeries
- Director of Children’s Heart Centre and Chief Consultant of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai since 2009
- Professor and Head of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery and Chief Consultant of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi from 1998 to 2009
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and J J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- MS in General Surgery from Grant Medical College and J J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- MCh in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery from Sree Chitra Institute, Thiruvananthapuram
- DNB in Cardio Thoracic Surgery from the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Fellow of the Indian Association of CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Fellow of the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow
- Training in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery from Madras Medical Mission, Chennai
- Training in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery and Congenital Heart diseases from cardiac centers in India, USA, New Zealand and Australia
- Indian Associations of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons (Past President)
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India (Past President)
- European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons