Designation of Dr. Ashok Sarin
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Ashok Sarin
- Dr. Ashok Sarin is a specialist in Kidney Diseases, Dialysis, and Transplantation. He is currently working at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi.
- After receiving his education at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, Dr. Ashok Sarin proceeded to Northern Ireland U.K. where he received training under Dr. Mary Mcgeown at the prestigious Belfast City and Royal Victoria Hospital Queens University of Belfast U.K. He is known to receive World Class Training in treating all types of Kidney Diseases, Hemodialysis, CAPD, and Live and Cadaver Kidney Transplantation.
- He is a member of several associations such as the Indian Society of Nephrology, Delhi Nephrology Society, North Zone Society of India, as well as the Association of Physicians of India. He is also the President of the Delhi Nephrology Society.
Dr. Ashok Sarin’s Expertise
- Acute Renal Failure
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease ( CKD )
- Diabetes Renal Failure
- Dialysis / Haemodialysis
- Hemodiafiltration (HDF)
- Kidney Dialysis
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Stone Treatment
- Kidney Transplant
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Renal (Kidney) Surgery
- Transplant Nephrology
- Ureteroscopy (URS)
Work Experience of Dr. Ashok Sarin
- Senior Consultant Nephrology at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi 1997- till date
- Senior Consultant Nephrology at Moolchand/Kolmet Hospitals, New Delhi, 1982- 97
- Senior Registrar Nephrology/ Medicine Belfast City, Royal Victoria & Associated Hospitals, Queen’s University, Belfast (U.K.), 1977- 81
- Senior Registrar Nephrology/ Medicine at AIIMS, New Delhi, 1975- 76
Dr. Ashok Sarin’s Qualifications
- MBBS from GSVM Medical College Kanpur in 1970
- MD – Medicine from GSVM Medical College Kanpur in 1975
- FRCP – Nephrology from Royal Colleges Of Physicians Of Edinburgh, UK in 2015
Memberships of Dr. Ashok Sarin
- Life Member of Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Life and Executive Committee Member of Delhi Nephrology Society
- Life Member of North Zone Society of India
- Member of Haemodialysis Society of India
- Life Member of Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life Member of Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India
- Life Member of Indraprastha Apollo Hospital Consultant Forum
- President – Delhi Nephrology Society
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Ashok Sarin
- Gold medal and certificate of honor for distinction in physiology.
- Gold medal and certificate of honor for obtaining the highest marks in obstetrics and gynecology
- Gold medal for best speaker in the annual seminar competition, 1966-67
- Certificate of honor in ophthalmology
- Chairperson at Nephrology Conference at AIIMS, SGPGI Lucknow, PGI Chandigarh.