Profile Snapshot of Dr. Puneet Agarwal
- Dr. Puneet Agarwal is one of the renowned neurologists in India known for his outstanding performance in the field of neuroscience.
- He is considered to be one of the first few doctors to successfully complete the Inflammatory Genes study in stroke patients and IV Valproate in status epilepticus.
- Dr. Agarwal completed his MBBS from King George Medical University, Lucknow, and is one of the first doctors to start sono-thrombolysis in patients of acute stroke in North India and at Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi.
- He is highly experienced in the Management of Parkinson’s disease, Deep Brain Stimulation, and Injection of Botulinum Toxin and is currently functioning as the Director of the Neurology Department of Stroke.
Dr. Puneet Agarwal’s Qualifications
- DM – Neurology from GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi in 2000
- MBBS – King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University in 1993
- MBBS from King George Medical University, Lucknow
- DM in Neurology from G.B. Pant Hospital, Delhi, and secured the first rank
- Fellowship in Critical Care Neurology and Stroke in UCLA, Los Angeles, USA, and Santara Hospital, Virginia, USA
- Training Fellowship in Sonothrombolysis, TCD and Carotid Doppler, and Sleep Study in National University Hospital, Singapore
- Training Fellowship in Spain & Amsterdam in DBS, Parkinson’s Disease, and Injection of Botulinum toxin
Memberships of Dr. Puneet Agarwal
- American Academy of Neurology
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Delhi Neurological Association (DNA)
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Puneet Agarwal
- Award for best platform paper presentation in prestigious Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN) 2002 and U.P. Neuracon
- Biography published in reputed ‘WHO’s WHO IN THE WORLD’ 2006 book in New Jersey, USA
- Best young teacher award in 2003