- One of the renowned Neurologists in India, Dr Puneet Agarwal is known for his outstanding performance in the field of neuroscience.
- He is considered to be one of the first few doctors to successfully complete the Inflammatory Genes study in stroke patients and IV Valproate in status epilepticus.
- He completed his M.B.B.S from King George Medical University, Lucknow and is one of the first doctors to start sonothrombolysis in patients of acute stroke in North India and at Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi.
- He is highly experienced in the Management of Parkinson’s disease, Deep Brain Stimulation and Injection Botulinum Toxin and is currently functioning as the Director of the Neurology Department of Stroke.
Education & Trainings
- DM – Neurology – GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi, 2000
- MBBS – King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University, 1993
- M.B.B.S from King George Medical University, Lucknow
- D.M in Neurology from G.B. Pant Hospital, Delhi and secured the first rank
- Fellowship in Critical Care Neurology and Stroke in UCLA, Los Angeles, USA and Santara Hospital, Virginia, USA
- Training Fellowship in Sonothrombolysis, TCD and Cartoid Doppler, and Sleep Study in National University Hospital, Singapore
- Training Fellowship in Spain & Amsterdam in DBS, Parkinson’s Disease and Injection Botulinum toxin
- AMERICAN ACADEMY OF NEUROLOGY
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Delhi Neurological Association (DNA)
Awards and Recognitions
- Award for best platform paper presentation in prestigious Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN) 2002 and U.P. Neuracon
- Biography published in reputed ‘WHO’s WHO IN THE WORLD’ 2006 book in New Jersey, USA
Best young teacher award in 2003