Profile Snapshot of Dr. Sumit Singh
- Dr. Sumit Singh is a well-known Neurologist in India currently associated with Artemis Hospital in Gurugram as the Director of the Department of Neurology.
- He has an experience of 20+ years and specializes in the treatment and management of headache and movement disorders.
- He is the first Neurologist in India to introduce Botulinum toxin for the treatment of headaches in 2002 and also used it for trigeminal neuralgia treatment.
- He has years of knowledge and experience in the treatment of neuromuscular disorders and is one of the best neurologists for the management of patients who have undergone Deep Brain Stimulation surgery.
- Dr. Singh is known to be the best for the planning and management of patients with Parkinson’s disease. He also provides treatment for patients suffering from Multiple sclerosis, Myasthenia gravis, and Polymyositis.
- He has been associated with other prestigious hospitals before joining Artemis that including the All India Institute of Medical Sciences where he established the first Headache Clinic in North India. He also had an important role in starting the unit of Neuromuscular Disorders in the hospital.
- A member of esteemed medical societies and associations, he is equally interested in research and has been actively involved in clinical trials for Myasthenia gravis and Multiple sclerosis.
- Dr. Singh has also taught and trained several undergraduate and postgraduate students and was a Faculty of Neurology during his stint at AIIMS.
- He holds the credit for over 100 publications to his name in world-renowned medical and scientific journals and has also authored and co-authored several textbooks on neurology.
Dr. Sumit Singh’s Expertise
- Headache Management
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
- Treatment and management of Movement disorders
- Management of patients with Myasthenia gravis, Polymyositis, Multiple sclerosis
- Management and planning of patients with Parkinson’s disease and DBS
- Injections for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Botox injections for the treatment of Writer’s cramp, spasmodic torticollis, blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, and dystonia
Work Experience of Dr. Sumit Singh
- Director of Neurology at Artemis Hospital, Gurugram since 2016
- Additional Director of Neurology at Medanta– The Medicity, Gurugram from 2009 to 2016
- Associate Professor of Neurology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 2000 to 2009
Dr. Sumit Singh’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Maharani Laxmi Bai Medical College, Jhansi, 1991
- MD in Medicine from Lala Lajpat Rai Medical College, Meerut, 1996
- DM in Neurology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 2000
Memberships of Dr. Sumit Singh
- International Headache Society
- Movement Disorders Society
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- Delhi Neurological Association