About Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai
- Established in 1999, Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai, is one of the top healthcare facilities in Southern India. It is part of the Gleneagles Hospital Chain, which is the fourth largest healthcare chain in the country. The hospital specializes in multi-organ transplants of kidney, liver, lungs, heart, etc.
- The hospital has an excellent infrastructure and state-of-the art lab and equipment set-up. The hospital boasts of cutting-edge technologies, and a highly skilled team of doctors and surgeons, and trained support staff. Located in Perumbakam, Chennai, it is one of India’s premier health care destinations. The hospital has performed some of the most complex surgical and clinical procedures in India including multi-organ transplantations.
- The hospital’s lung transplantation program is one of the best among the country. The hospital is known for having performed India’s first single lung transplant and first minimal invasive lung transplant. It is also the only Indian hospital to be associated with King’s College Hospital, London, United Kingdom for liver transplantations.
To Doctors at Global Hospital, Chennai
- Dr. K Sridhar is a renowned Neurosurgeon currently associated with Global Hospitals in Chennai as the Director of the Institute of Neurosciences and Spinal Disorder.
- He has an experience of 35+ years in brain and spine surgery and has performed over 1000 complex brain tumor surgeries.
- His primary area of interest is skull base surgery, micro neurosurgery and spine surgery and is currently working on lesions of the brain stem.
- Dr. Sridhar has helped numerous patients with his skills and intelligence of neurosurgery and has been associated with various hospitals in the country while providing his services.
- Along with being an excellent neurosurgeon, he has spent most of the years of his career as a teacher helping under graduate and post graduate students.
- He is actively involved in research activities and has numerous articles and papers published in renowned national and international scientific journals. He has also written various textbooks on neurosurgery and is also on the editorial board of several neurosurgery journals.
- Dr. Rajasundaram is a highly successful and experienced Surgical Oncologist with great expertise in performing laparoscopic cancer surgeries.
- He has over 25 years of experience in Surgical Oncology and has performed more than 15,000 cancer-related surgeries till date.
- His expertise lies in the treatment of various types of cancers including organ cancers, solid cancers, blood cancers, inherited cancers and benign tumors.
- Dr. Rajasundaram has spent several years as a teacher and trainer of Surgical Oncology. He has been part of various medical institutes and helped the department of Oncology to take up complex and risky cases.
- His love for research can be seen in his numerous publications in renowned peer-reviewed national and international journals. He also takes part in medical and scientific conferences and meetings in India and overseas.
- He is highly dedicated towards providing the best cancer treatment and is the best oncology surgeon to use laparoscopic surgery for treating his patients successfully.
- He regularly gets invited to deliver lectures and speak on various occasions both on a national and global basis. He is recognized worldwide for his work and is a member of various medical associations.
- Dr Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence is a well known Medical Oncologist in South India wit specialization in the treatment of breast cancers.
- He provides overall both pre and post operative treatment of breast cancer that includes diagnostic, therapeutic as well as palliative care.
- He also provides services for other types of cancers including blood cancer and does procedures like Chemotherapy for the treatment and biopsies for the detection of cancer.
- Dr. Lawrence has an experience of over 3 decades in Medical Oncology and has worked and been associated with well known cancer hospitals in India and other countries.
- He holds membership of several medical organizations and regularly gets invited to attend seminars and conferences on a global scale.
- He is highly recognized for his contribution towards Medical Oncology and also has several publications to his credit in renowned medical journals.
Departments of Global Hospital, Chennai
- Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine
- Bariatric Surgery
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Breast Oncology
- Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine & Trauma
- General Medicine
- Heart Transplantation
- HPB & Liver Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Interventional Radiology
- Kidney Transplantation
- Liver Transplantation
- Lung Transplantation
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Medical Oncology
- Minimal Invasive Surgery
- Nuclear Medicine
- Orthopaedics & Joint
- Plastic Surgery
Services for International patients at Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals receives hundreds of overseas patients every year from the Middle-East, Africa, South Asia, Europe and the US, for advanced medical treatment.
- Language interpreters are available for several languages like Arabic, Cantonese, Nigerian Languages, Japanese and Mandarin
Connectivity to the Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai
- The hospital is well connected via bus, cabs, taxi and auto services in the city.
- Nearest International Airport: Chennai International Airport, at a distance of 17 km from the Global Hospital and around 45 min drive.
- Nearest Railway Station: Chennai Central Railway Station, at a distance of 25 km from the hospital, about 1 hour drive.