Profile Snapshot of Dr. V P Singh
- Dr. V P Singh is a renowned Neurosurgeon with over 30 years of veteran experience. His competence in cranial, spinal, and peripheral nerves has helped him successfully perform 400+ Intracranial Aneurysm surgical procedures.
- Dr. Singh has also been credited for initiating the Gamma Knife Unit and epilepsy surgery program at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He is proactively involved in the treatment of arteriovenous malformations by radiosurgery techniques and is currently the chairman of the Institute of Neurosciences, Medanta.
- He is also a proud member of the Journal of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurological Society of India, Secretary of Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery, President of Indian Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, and Executive Committee of Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery.
Work Experience of Dr. V P Singh
- Chairman, Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram
- Senior Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Consultant, VIMHANS, New Delhi in 2007
- Head of Department, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 2001
- Associate Professor, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 2002
- Registrar, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK in 1993
- Registrar, Newcastle General Hospital, Tyne, UK in 1993
- Professor, King George’s Medical College, Lucknow in 1991
- Consultant, St Stephens Hospital, New Delhi in 1990
Dr. V P Singh’s Qualifications
- DNB from National Board of Examinations in 1989
- MCh from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1987
- MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1982
Memberships of Dr. V P Singh
- CME Convenor – Neurological Society of India
- President of Indian Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- Secretary of Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Ex-Editor – Journal of Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Member – Executive Committee of Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery
- President-Elect Neurological society of India
- Ex-President of Indian society of Cerebrovascular surgery
- Ex-editor Journal of Pediatric Neurosurgery
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. V P Singh
- Prize for best student in Anatomy, MBBS
- Second position in Delhi University, B.Sc.
- Best paper award at the 4th Annual Indian Epilepsy Association Conference
- Best paper award at the 7th Annual Indian Epilepsy Association Conference
- Diploma of merit for an excellent poster at 3rd Asian Conference of Neurological Surgeons Nagoya
Publications of Dr. V P Singh
- Dr. V P Singh has published more than 70 scientific papers and chapters in books.