Dr V.P. Singh is a renowned Neurosurgeon with over 30 years of veteran experience. His competence in cranial, spinal, and peripheral nerves has helped him successfully perform 400+ Intracranial Aneurysm surgical procedures. Mr. Singh has also been credited for initiating the Gamma Knife Unit and epilepsy surgery program in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He is proactively involved in the treatment of arteriovenous malformations by radiosurgery techniques and is currently the chairman of Institute of Neurosciences, Medanta. He is also a proud member of Journal of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurological Society of India, Secretary of Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery, President of Indian Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery and Executive Committee of Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery.
• Chairman, Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
• Senior Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
• Senior Consultant, VIMHANS, New Delhi, 2007
• Head of Department, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2001
• Associate Professor, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2002
• Registrar, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK, 1993
• Registrar, Newcastle General Hospital, Tyne, UK, 1993
• Professor, King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, 1991
• Consultant, St Stephens Hospital, New Delhi, 1990
• DNB, 1989, National Board of Examinations
• MCh, 1987, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
• MBBS, 1982, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Awards & Recognitions
• Prize for best student in Anatomy, MBBS
• Second position in Delhi University, B.Sc.
• Best paper award at the 4th Annual Indian Epilepsy Association Conference
• Best paper award at the 7th Annual Indian Epilepsy Association Conference
• Diploma of merit for an excellent poster at 3rd Asian Conference of Neurological Surgeons Nagoya
Dr. V. P. Singh has published more than 70 scientific papers and chapters in books.