Designation of Dr. Sudheer Kumar Tyagi
Dr. Sudheer Kumar Tyagi
Neurosurgeon, Spine Surgeon
Senior Consultant – Neurosurgery
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Sudheer Kumar Tyagi
- Completing over 9000 successful neurological procedures, and still counting, Dr. Sudhir Tyagi is one of the top-notch names in India, diligently catering to neurological assistance with his vast knowledge and adept expertise.
- Dr. Tyagi pioneered the functional stereotactic surgery program at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi and has since then successfully performed a large number of Deep Brain Stimulation surgeries and ablative surgeries.
- In fact, Dr. Sudhir Tyagi is the first neurosurgeon to use the Image Fusion Technique to localize targets in the deep part of the brain to perform functional stereotactic surgeries. He has great experience in all types of brain and spine surgeries.
- He started his medical journey at the prestigious King George Medical College in Lucknow and completed his neurosurgery training at the premier All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- He further underwent specialized training in the fields of neurovascular and skull base surgery at the clinical center Ljubljana, Slovenia, completed his Stereotactic Functional Neurosurgery training at St. Vincent Hospital Sydney, and his hands-on training in Spinal Cord Stimulation at San Francisco USA.
- He is currently working with Indraprastha Hospital with 25+ years of potent experience.
Dr. Sudheer Kumar Tyagi’s Expertise
- All kinds of brain tumor
- Ablative surgeries
- Anterior cervical Discectomy
- AVM Surgery
- Brain Aneurysm Clipping
- Craniovertebral junction surgeries
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Epilepsy Surgeries
- Lumbar microsurgical discectomy
- Skull base tumor
- Spinal Tumor surgery
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
Work Experience of Dr. Sudheer Kumar Tyagi
- Senior Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Dr. Sudheer Tyagi’s Qualifications
- MBBS from University of Lucknow in 1989
- MS – General Surgery from University of Lucknow in 1992
- MCh – Neuro Surgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 1997
Memberships of Dr. Sudheer Kumar Tyagi
- Member Neurology Society of India.
- Member of Indian society of stereotactic and functional neurosurgery
- Member of association of spinal surgeons of India