Completing over 9000 successful neurological procedures, and still counting, Dr. Sudhir Tyagi is one of the top-notch names in India, diligently catering to neurological assistance with his vast knowledge and adept expertise. Dr Tyagi pioneered the functional stereotactic surgery programme at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi and has since then successfully performed a large number of Deep Brain Stimulation surgeries and ablative surgeries. In fact, he is the first neurosurgeon to use Image Fusion Technique to localize targets in the Deep part of brain to perform functional stereotactic surgeries. He has great experience in all types of brain and spine surgeries.
He started his medical journey with the prestigious King George Medical College in Lucknow and completed his neurosurgery training at the premier All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. He further underwent specialized training in the fields of neurovascular and skull base surgery at clinical center Ljubljana, Slovenia, completed his Stereotactic Functional Neurosurgery training at St. Vincent Hospital Sydney and his hands-on training of Spinal Cord Stimulation at San Francisco USA. He is currently working with Indraprastha Hospital with 25+ years of potent experience.
- All kind of brain tumor
- Skull base tumor
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Epilepsy Surgeries
- Ablative surgeries
- Anterior cervical Discectomy,
- Lumbar microsurgical discectomy
- Craniovertebral junction surgeries
- Brain Aneurysm Clipping
- AVM Surgery
- Spinal Tumor surgery
Senior Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- MBBS – University of Lucknow, 1989
- MS – General Surgery – University of Lucknow, 1992
- MCh – Neuro Surgery – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 1997
- Member Neurology Society of India.
- Member of Indian society of stereotactic and functional neurosurgery
- Member of association of spinal surgeons of India