Designation of Padmashree Dr. (Prof.) V S Mehta
Padmashree Dr. (Prof.) V S Mehta
Chairman – Neurosciences
Paras Hospitals, Gurugram, India
Profile Snapshot of Padmashree Dr. V S Mehta
- Dr. (Prof.) V S Mehta is a leading Neurosurgeon in India and is considered among the best neurosurgeons in the world.
- He holds an experience of over 4 decades in the field and is an expert in Brachial Plexus surgery, brain stem surgery, spinal tumor surgery, brain aneurysms, and brain tumor surgery.
- He has been honored with the Padma Shri for his dedication and contributions to neurosurgery and spine surgery in India.
- Currently associated with Paras Hospital in Gurugram, Dr. Mehta had a major hand in starting the department of Neurosciences and has been serving as the Chairman of the unit since its inception.
- In Paras Dr. V S Mehta has been part of the team to first use the Image-Guided Brain Tumor Navigation Technology for Brain tumor surgery in India.
- He has earlier been associated with other prestigious hospitals where he has performed some of the most advanced and complex neurosurgeries.
- Dr. Mehta has been instrumental in bringing out innovative techniques in neurosurgery and has been working towards delivering 100% accurate results with minimum complications.
- His primary area of focus lies in Brachial Plexus surgery which is considered one of the best in the procedure. He has delivered excellent results in all of his neurosurgical procedures among which brain stem tumor and aneurysm surgeries are his specialties.
- Being a pioneer in the field of neurosurgery, Dr. Mehta has numerous research and clinical trials to his credit. Dr. V S Mehta’s works have also been published in renowned national and international medical and scientific journals.
Dr. V S Mehta’s Expertise
- Brachial Plexus surgeries
- Brain stem surgery
- Brain stroke
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Cerebrovascular surgery
- Cervical spine surgery
- Endoscopic Pituitary surgery
- Glioma surgery
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Spinal cord trauma
- Spine decompression surgery
- Spine surgery
- Transcranial Doppler
- Treatment and management of neurofibromatosis
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Vascular neurosurgery
Work Experience of Dr. V S Mehta
- Director and Chief Consultant of Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery and Chairman of Neurosciences Department at Paras Hospitals, Gurugram, Presently
- Head and Chief of Neurosciences and Gamma Knife Centre at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Visiting Consultant of Neurosurgery at the New Castle General Hospital, UK
Dr. V S Mehta’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Sawai Man Singh Hospital, Jaipur
- MS in General Surgery from Sawai Man Singh Hospital, Jaipur
- MCh in Neurosurgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences
Memberships of Dr. V S Mehta
- Past President of the Neurological Society of India
- South Asian Association of Neurosurgeons
- Indian Society of Spinal Neurosurgeons
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. V S Mehta
- Awarded the Padma Shri by the President of India in 2005
- Received the Legend in Neurosciences Award from the Times of India in 2017
- Received the Swasthya Bharat Samman from LIC of India in 2010
- Awarded the Senior Commonwealth Fellowship in 1994
- Awarded the Jack and Monica Travel Fellowship in 1986
- Received the E. Merck Gold Medal for the Best Paper from the Neurological Society of India, 1980 and 1985
- Was nominated as the International Member of Brazilian Academy of Neurosurgery in 2007
- Was nominated as a Guest member for Japan Neurological Society in 2006
- Dave- Newton Oration in 2011
- S P Srivastav Memorial Oration in 2010
- A D Sehgal Oration in 2009
- Satyapal Aggarwal Memorial Oration in 2005