- Dr. Abhaya Kumar is a leading name in the field of Neurosurgery in India and is currently associated with KDAH.
- He is an expert in Minimally Invasive Spine surgery, Brain surgery and Stereotactic Radiosurgery and has performed more than 1400 spine surgeries and 1100 brain surgeries in KDAH alone.
- His primary focus includes Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS) and has handled over 800 MISS cases till date in the hospital with 96% successful results.
- Dr. Kumar has an extensive experience of 26+ years as a neuro and spine surgeon and is an integral member of the team of neurosurgeons in Kokilaben Hospital. He is also part of the Stroke Team in the hospital.
- The centre for neurosurgery, specifically MISS at KDAH is one of the top centers for all kinds of minimally invasive spine surgeries in India and among the only two in Mumbai. It is also the best center for the treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia through surgical methods including microvascular decompression, stereotactic surgery and radiofrequency.
- Dr. Kumar is considered one of the best neurosurgeons in India for MISS and has treated a large number of patients with the technique. He has also written numerous papers and abstracts on his area of excellence.
- He focuses on providing better and advanced techniques for neurosurgery and has been working towards bringing technologically advanced and modern mechanisms in the field of neurosurgery and spine surgery in India.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine surgeries
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgeries
- Brain and spine Minimal Access surgery
- Trigeminal Neuralgia Surgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s disease
- Surgical management and treatment of Epilepsy
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Lumbar TLIF
- Lumbar Micro Decompression
- Transforaminal Endoscopic Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- Cervical Microforaminotomy
- Craniovertrebral junction anomalies
- Refractory Trigeminal Neuralgia surgery
- Management and treatment of Ischemic and Hemorrhagic Stroke
- Pituitary tumor surgery
- Management and treatment of AVN and Cerebral Aneurysm, Subarachnoid hemorrhage, Spinal Dysraphism and Hydrocephalus
- Chief Consultant of Neurosurgery and Spine surgery at Kokilaban Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai since 2008
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Narayana Hrudalaya Hospital, Bangalore
- MBBS from Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- MS in General Surgery from Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- DNB in General Surgery from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Fellow (General Surgery) of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Fellow (Neurosurgery) of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Training in Neurosurgery from the Institute of Neurosciences, Glasgow, UK
- Fellowship training in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery from UK
- Fellowship training in Stereotactic Radiology from UK
- Neurological Society of India
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Bombay Neurosciences Association