Designation of Dr. Rana Patir
Dr. Rana Patir
Chairman – Neurosurgery
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rana Patir
- Dr. Rana Patir is one of the most experienced and highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. He is also an immensely accomplished spine surgeon.
- He holds an extensive experience of 32+ years as a neurosurgeon and has performed more than 10,000 neurosurgical procedures till date.
- Dr. Patir is an expert in all kinds of neuro and spine surgeries with a specialization in minimally invasive brain and spine surgery, Epilepsy surgery, pediatric neurosurgery, and neurovascular surgery.
- His expertise also lies in several other brain and spine procedures such as Stereotactic surgeries, deep brain stimulation surgery, Brain Aneurysms, cervical and lumbar disc replacement surgery, and craniovertebral junction surgery.
- Dr. Patir is among the few neurosurgeons in India to specialize in complex brain tumor surgeries and has performed several such complex and advanced surgeries in his career.
- Prior to joining FMRI, Dr. Rana Patir has worked with other prestigious hospitals in India including AIIMS, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, and Max Healthcare
- Along with his practice, he has also spent years in teaching and training undergraduate and postgraduate students in neurosurgery during his stint at AIIMS and Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical institutes and has numerous published articles, abstracts, and papers to his credit in renowned medical journals.
Dr. Rana Patir’s Expertise
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Cerebrospinal fluid shunt
- Cervical and lumbar disc replacement surgery
- Complex head and neck surgeries
- Cranio-vertebral junction surgery
- Deep Brain stimulation surgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Extracranial- intracranial bypass surgery
- Lumbar puncture (Spinal tap) surgery
- Minimally Invasive Brain and spine surgery
- Neurovascular surgery
- Optic nerve tumor surgery
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Skull base Reconstruction and Resection
- Spine surgeries
- Stereotactic surgeries for movement disorders
- Ventriculoperitoneal shunt
Work Experience of Dr. Rana Patir
- Chairman of Neurosurgery at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram, Presently
- Director of Neurosurgery at Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Chairman and Professor of Neurosurgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Registrar at the Regional Neuroscience Centre, New Castle
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at the Institute of Neurosciences, Guwahati
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Professor of Neurosurgery at Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati
Dr. Rana Patir’s Qualifications
- MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- MS in General Surgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- MCh in Neurosurgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Fellowship in Neurosurgery from Frenchay Hospital, New Castle, UK