- Dr. Rana Patir is one of the most experienced and highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. He is also an immensely accomplished spine surgeon.
- He holds an extensive experience of 23+ years as a neurosurgeon and has performed more than 10,000 neuro surgical procedures till date.
- He is an expert in all kinds of neuro and spine surgeries with specialization in minimally invasive brain and spine surgery, Epilepsy surgery, pediatric neurosurgery and neurovasculatr surgery.
- His expertise also lies in several other brain and spine procedures such as Stereotactic surgeries, deep brain stimulation surgery, Brain Aneurysms, cervical and lumbar disc replacement surgery and cranio-vertebral junction surgery.
- Dr. Patir is among the few neurosurgeons in India to specialize in complex brain tumor surgeries and has performed several such complex and advanced surgeries in his career.
- Prior to joining FMRI, Dr. Patir has worked with other prestigious hospitals in India that include AIIMS, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Max Healthcare
- Along with his practice, he has also spent years in teaching and training under graduate and post graduate students in neurosurgery during his stint at AIIMS and Sir Ganga Ram.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical institutes and has numerous published articles, abstracts and papers to his credit in renowned medical journals.
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Minimally Invasive brain and spine surgery
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Neurovascular surgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Extra cranial-intra cranial bypass surgery
- Skull base Reconstruction and Resection
- Spine surgeries
- Cerebrospinal fluid shunt
- Ventriculoperitoneal shunt
- Lumbar puncture (Spinal tap) surgery
- Stereotactic surgeries for movement disorders
- Optic nerve tumor surgery
- Deep Brain stimulation surgery
- Cervical and lumbar disc replacement surgery
- Cranio-vertebral junction surgery
- Complex head and neck surgeries
- Chairman of Neurosurgery at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, Presently
- Director of Neurosurgery at Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Chairman and Professor of Neurosurgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Registrar at the Regional Neuroscience Centre, New Castle
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at the Institute of Neurosciences, Guwahati
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Professor of Neurosurgery at Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati
- MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- MS in General Surgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- MCh in Neurosurgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Fellowship in Neurosurgery from Frenchay Hospital, New Castle, UK