Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rajakumar V Deshpande
- Dr. Rajakumar V Deshpande is a renowned Neurosurgeon in Bengaluru, currently associated with Fortis Hospital as the Director of the Neurosurgery department.
- He holds an extensive experience of 30+ years in the field of neurosurgery and spinal surgery and has performed numerous brain and spine surgeries.
- Dr. D V Rajakumar specializes in endoscopic neurosurgeries and has performed some of the most complex brain and spine surgeries through the endoscopic approach. His other areas of interest include minimally invasive neuro surgeries, management of cerebrovascular diseases, and brain tumor surgeries.
- He is among the very few neurosurgeons in India with extraordinary skills in endoscopic brain tumor removal surgery. He performed the first pedicle screw fixation surgery for a spine injury in Bangalore.
- Dr. Deshpande has provided his services to several renowned hospitals in India. He started the Cadaver Laboratory in Harper Hospital where dissections of the human brain and skull take place.
- Dr. Deshpande V Rajakumar has also spent years as a teacher and trainer for aspiring neurosurgeons during his stint at well-known hospitals in India. He is actively involved in various research activities and has published numerous papers and articles to his credit in renowned national and international neurosurgery journals.
- His interest in endoscopic neurosurgery led him to develop new techniques for various brain and spinal procedures. He has also received various appreciations and accolades for his contributions to the field.
Dr. Rajakumar V Deshpande’s Expertise
- Brain and skull base tumor surgery
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Cerebrovascular surgery
- Decompression surgery
- Endoscopic Neurosurgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Hydrocephalus surgery/VP shunt
- Intracranial tumors surgery
- Lumbar fusion surgery
- Minimal Access Surgery of the brain and spine
- Neuro navigation surgery
- Pediatric Neurology
- Skull Base Surgery
- Slipped disc and spine care
- Spine surgeries
- Stereotactic surgery
Work Experience of Dr. Rajakumar V Deshpande
- Dr. Rajakumar V Deshpande has with him an experience of over 30 years.
Dr. Rajakumar V Deshpande’s Qualifications
- MBBS from J S S Medical College, Mysore in 1992
- MCh in Neurosurgery from the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences in 1989
- Fellowship in Skull Base surgery from Wayne State University, Detroit, USA in 1986
Memberships of Dr. Rajakumar V Deshpande
- Neurological Society of India
- Skull Base Society of India
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Bangalore Neurological Society