- Dr. Rajakumar V Deshpande is a renowned Neurosurgeon in Bangalore currently associated with Fortis Hospital as the Director of the Neurosurgery department.
- He holds an extensive experience of 28+ years in the field of neurosurgery and spinal surgery and has performed numerous brain and spine surgeries.
- He specializes in endoscopic neurosurgeries and has performed some of the most complex brain and spine surgeries through the endoscopic approach. His other areas of interest include minimally invasive neuro surgeries, management of cerebrovascular diseases and brain tumor surgeries.
- He is among the very few neurosurgeons in India with extraordinary skills in endoscopic brain tumor removal surgery. He performed the first pedicle screw fixation surgery for spine injury in Bangalore.
- Dr. Deshpande has provided his services to several renowned hospitals in India. He started the Cadaver Laboratory in Harper Hospital where dissections of the human brain and skull take place.
- He has also spent years as a teacher and trainer for aspiring neurosurgeons during his stint at well known hospitals of India. He is actively involved in various research activities and has published numerous papers and articles to his credit in renowned national and international neurosurgery journals.
- His interest in endoscopic neurosurgery led him to develop new techniques for various brain and spinal procedures. He has also received various appreciations and accolades for his contributions in the field.
- Endoscopic Neurosurgery
- Skull Base Surgery
- Spine surgeries
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Minimal Access surgery of the brain and spine
- Decompression surgery
- Lumber fusion surgery
- Slipped disc and spine care
- Brain and skull base tumor surgery
- Cerebrovascular surgery
- Stereotactic surgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Intracranial tumors surgery
- Pediatric Neurology
- Neuro navigation surgery
- Hydrocephalus surgery/VP shunt
- MBBS from J S S Medical College, Mysore, 1992
- MCh in Neurosurgery from the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, 1989
- Fellowship in Skull Base surgery from Wayne State University, Detroit, USA, 1986
- Neurological Society of India
- Skull Base Society of India
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Bangalore Neurological Society