Best Cardiologists in India
Following is a list of the most reputed & experienced Cardiologists in India.
We have added Interventional Cardiologists first, followed by Cardiac surgeons (please scroll down to view).
*If you need any help from us, please fill the contact form at the bottom of the page. You may also chat with us on WhatsApp or Telegram by clicking the chat buttons below the page. Wishing you the best!
Top Interventional Cardiologists in India
- Dr. Karthigesan A M is a renowned Interventional Cardiologist with more than two decades of experience.
- He completed advanced training in cardiac arrhythmia in the USA to serve his patients in a better way.
- Dr. A M Karthigesan received several awards from prestigious associations for his contribution to the field.
- Dr. Karthigesan authored several research papers and articles in premier periodicals and presented papers at national conferences.
- Dr. Asha Mahilmaran is a seasoned Interventional Cardiologist in Chennai, with more than three decades of expertise in the sector.
- She excelled in academics and was awarded a gold medal in medicine and cardiology.
- Dr. Mahilmaran offers Ventricular Septal Defect Surgery, Cardioversion, Carotid Artery Disease, Chest Pain Treatment, Cardiac Ablation, and Dextro-Transposition of the Great Arteries (DTGA), etc.
- Over the years, she has performed over 15,000 preventive heart checkups.
- Dr. Prakash Chand Jain is a renowned name among cardiology experts.
- Dr. Jain specializes in Transesophageal Echocardiogram, Atrial Fibrillation, Permanent Pacemaker, and Angioplasty.
- With his 25+ years of experience, he benefitted patients from counseling, diagnosis, and treatment. Some services he offers include TMT, Ambulatory BP Monitoring, MPI Test, PET scan, Valve Repair Replacement, ASD closure, etc.
- Dr. Sai Satish is an internationally celebrated young cardiologist from Tamil Nadu with expertise in the management of heart-related problems.
- With 15+ years of experience, he assisted patients with symptomatic Aortic stenosis, blood vessel blockages, and heart failure.
- He started a series of structural heart programs for those who are executing structural heart therapies and need to advance them with the best practices. The summit drew over 300 heart surgeons and 350 cardiologists.
- Dr. G Sengottuvelu is an accomplished Interventional Cardiologist in Chennai.
- He is an expert at managing complex PCI & stenting surgeries and structural heart interventions, including percutaneous heart valve replacement & repair (TAVI / TAVR, mitral clip, etc.).
- Dr. Sengottuvelu carried out around 20000 procedures in his 25 years career. He was a pioneer of the transcatheter valve program in the Apollo Group of Hospitals in 2015, performing the first TAVR.
- Dr. Jagdeep Yadav is one of the best cardiac surgeons in Gurugram. He is particularly interested in non-coronary therapies such as peripheral interventions and device closures.
- Dr. Jagdeep Yadav is skilled in using modern techniques in interventional cardiology and non-invasive cardiology procedures. He employs cutting-edge technologies such as IVUS, OCT, FFR, and IVL to make life better in complex cardiac therapies.
Top Cardiac Surgeons in India
- Dr. Murtaza A Chishti is one of the most well-known and distinguished Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular surgeons in North India
- He has more than 3 decades of experience in the field of cardiac surgery with a specialization in heart and lung transplantation surgeries.
- He has performed more than 6000 cardiac procedures that include Total Arterial revascularization, aortic surgery, complex and re-operative coronary surgery, CABG, and several other cardiothoracic surgeries.
- Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia is one of the leading Cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons in India excelling in heart and lung transplant surgeries.
- He has 36+ years of experience in the field during which he has performed over 10000 CABGs, 2000 heart valve repairs, and 800 minimally invasive cardiac surgeries.
- He has also performed more than 5000 open heart surgeries, 200 heart and lung transplant surgeries, and 150 VAD and ECMO implantation procedures.
- Dr. Rajneesh Malhotra is a distinguished cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon in India with over 30 years of experience.
- He is an expert in all kinds of cardiac surgeries with a special interest in Robotic Cardiac surgery along with minimally invasive cardiac surgery and other traditional heart surgeries.
- Dr. Rajneesh Malhotra has performed several complex and high-risk cases and also specializes in heart transplant surgeries and surgeries for heart failure.
- Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna is a leading cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive cardiac surgeries, heart valve repairs, and heart failure surgeries.
- Dr. Surendra Khanna has 26+ years of experience in cardiac care and has performed more than 17000 surgeries that include beating heart surgery, mitral and aortic valve surgery, and double valve replacement surgery.
- His expertise lies primarily in adult cardiac surgeries and has done some of the most complex cardiac surgeries in India
- Dr. Suresh Rao is a highly experienced cardiac surgeon specializing in congenital heart diseases and has performed more than 12,000 surgeries for congenital heart diseases and disorders.
- Dr. Rao holds an extensive experience of over 33 years in Pediatric and congenital cardiac surgery and has performed numerous simple and complex heart defect surgeries with successful outcomes.
- Dr. Suresh Rao introduced the Modified Ultrafication procedure after congenital heart surgery in India and has used the procedure in the treatment of a large number of pediatric as well as adult patients.
- Dr. Suresh V Joshi is a cardiac surgeon in Mumbai with expertise in undertaking complex surgeries as a result of congenital heart diseases.
- He holds an extensive experience of over 3 decades in cardiac surgery and specializes in Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG); specifically Beating Heart CABG and Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeries.
- He is an expert in all kinds of coronary and interventional cardiac procedures and has performed over 15,000 cardiac surgeries for different kinds of heart defects and disorders.
- Dr. Sushant Srivastava is a renowned cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon specializing in heart transplantation.
- He specializes in performing Beating Heart Bypass surgeries and is credited with performing the procedure on the oldest patient in India (96 years old). He also performed the first awake CABG in North India.
- He has taken up close to 10000 cardiac cases in his career and performed 3000+ cardiac surgeries related to Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG), redo coronary artery surgery, heart failure surgeries, heart valve surgeries, and various other types of cardiac surgeries.
- Dr. Vivek Jawali is a renowned Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon in India and has performed more than 18,000 cardiothoracic and cardiovascular surgeries.
- He has several firsts to his credit that including the first beating heart bypass surgery in 1992 and the first Minimally Invasive Heart Bypass surgery in 1994 in India.
- He performed the first Awake Cardiac Surgery in 1999 which is done without general anesthesia or ventilator but under continuous high thoracic epidural. He also performed the first awake open heart surgery in the world without general anesthesia or ventilator on a 74-year-old patient for triple bypass with aortic valve replacement.
- Dr. Yugal Kishore Mishra is a well-known cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon in Delhi specializing in Minimally Invasive and Robotic cardiac surgeries.
- He has 3 decades of experience in CTVS and has performed more than 19,000 open heart surgeries to date that including various types of minimally invasive cardiac procedures such as the port access approach for valve surgery and ASD closure.
- He is the founder of the Robotic Cardiac Surgery Program at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute where he has performed over 500 robotic cardiac surgeries.
- Dr. Zainulabedin Hamdulay is one of the best cardiac surgeons in Mumbai, India, and specializes in devising new and innovative techniques for cardiac surgeries.
- He has 24+ years of experience and has performed over 8000 cardiac surgeries that included complex valve repairs, congenital cardiac surgery, CABG, and several minimally invasive cardiac surgeries.
- With a motive to provide the best, affordable and comprehensive cardiac care to all his patients, he founded the Hamdulay Heart Foundation to provide aid to the economically backward community.