Best Doctors in India for Neurolysis Surgery
- Dr. Veena Kalra is one of the renowned Paediatric Neurologists in India who has garnered much respect for her contribution to a new area of Paediatrics that is Paediatric Neurology for the country.
- She practices as a senior consultant at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. The President of India has awarded Dr. Kalra three medals for her work in treating kids with critical illnesses and contributions to the field of paediatrics.
- She has a passion for Malnutrition and brain development, Neurocysticercosis, Childhood Epilepsy, Childhood Cirrhosis, Neuro Infections, Neurometabolic & Neurogenetic disorders.
- Kalra not only treated children during her 37 years of practice, but she also gained experience in teaching and leading the Paediatric department. She contributed significantly toward the research on Indian childhood cirrhosis, neurocysticercosis, learning disabilities, epilepsies, neurometabolic and neurogenetic illnesses, and lead poisoning.
- Dr. Vineet Bhushan Gupta is a renowned paediatric neurologist with nearly three decades of experience in treating nervous system disorders in children.
- Currently, he is practicing as a senior consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Gupta is a certified fellow in Pediatric Neurology from London and Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital of Liverpool. He specialises in Spinal fusion surgery. Dr. Gupta also treats Spondylolisthesis, Epilepsy, pediatric stroke, Disc Desiccation, Spinal Stenosis, Fractured Vertebra, Herniated Disc, Disc Degeneration, Scoliosis, and developmental problems.
- Dr. Gupta has authored numerous research papers and studies that have appeared in a host of medical journals.
- One of the renowned Neurologists in India, Dr Puneet Agarwal is known for his outstanding performance in the field of neuroscience.
- He is considered to be one of the first few doctors to successfully complete the Inflammatory Genes study in stroke patients and IV Valproate in status epilepticus.
- He completed his M.B.B.S from King George Medical University, Lucknow and is one of the first doctors to start sonothrombolysis in patients of acute stroke in North India and at Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi.
- He is highly experienced in the Management of Parkinson’s disease, Deep Brain Stimulation and Injection Botulinum Toxin and is currently functioning as the Director of the Neurology Department of Stroke.
- Dr. Mukul Varma is one of the best Neurologists in India specialized in treating brain and spine disorders. With over 27 years of experience the doctor has expertise in Parkinson’s disease, Speech and movement disorder, headache, and multiple sclerosis treatment.
- He is working as senior consultant Neurologist with prestigious Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. Dr. Varma is excellent at diagnosis and providing holistic treatment for meningitis, brain stroke, epilepsy, brain cancer, and many others. The doctor also performs stereotactic procedures for Brachial Plexus injuries.
- He has contributed 20 literary works to medical journals of national and international repute.
- Dr. Anoop Kohli is one of the well-known Neurologists in India, having 42 years of clinical experience.
- He is interested in the treatment of Migraine, Brain Haemorrhage, Paralysis, Parkinson disease, Stroke, Paraplegia, Fits, and Meningitis. Dr. Kohli is a senior consultant at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi and pioneer, who first devised an intravenous thrombolytic treatment and developed the first Trans Cranial Doppler Lab of India at Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- Dr. Kohli is excellent at surgical intervention and therapies. He has contributed 40 publications to national and international journals.
- Dr. Sumit Singh is a well known Neurologist in India currently associated with Artemis Hospital in Gurgaon as the Director of the department of Neurology.
- He has an experience of 20+ years and specializes in the treatment and management of headache and movement disorders.
- He is the first Neurologist in India to introduce Botulinium toxin for the treatment of headache in 2002 and also used it for trigeminal neuralgia treatment.
- He has years of knowledge and experience in the treatment of neuromuscular disorders and is one of the best neurologists for the management of patients who have undergone Deep Brain Stimulation surgery.
- Dr. Singh is known to be the best for the planning and management of patients with Parkinson’s disease. He also provides treatment for patients suffering from Multiple sclerosis, Myasthenia gravis and Polymyositis.
- He has been associated with other prestigious hospitals before joining Artemis that includes All India Institute of Medical Sciences where he established the first Headache Clinic in North India. He also had an important role in starting the unit of Neuromuscular Disorders in the hospital.
- A member of esteemed medical societies and associations, he is equally interested in research and has been actively involved in clinical trials for Myasthenia gravis and Multiple sclerosis.
- Dr. Singh has also taught and trained several undergraduate and post graduate students and was a Faculty of Neurology during his stint at AIIMS.
- He holds credit of over 100 publications to his name in world renowned medical and scientific journals and has also authored and co authored several text books on neurology.
- Dr. Vipul Gupta is a renowned Neurointerventional surgeon in India with over 3 decades of experience in the field.
- He is one of the most highly experienced and skilled interventional neurologists in India with expertise in AVMs, Intracranial Aneurysms embolization, tumor embolization and angioplasty.
- He holds the credit of performing over 300 brain AVM procedures and more than 1000 intracranial aneurysm along with 100 DAVF procedures for the endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations.
- Dr. Gupta has received specialized trainings in various neurointerventional procedures from prestigious institutes under the guidance of renowned neurosurgeons and has used the learning and knowledge for the endovascular treatment of neuro and spinal disorders.
- He specializes in stenting of arterial stenosis as well as carotid stenting and intra- arterial thrombolysis for acute stroke. His expertise also lies in neurovascular imaging techniques and procedures.
- He has great interest in research activities and holds the credit of over 45 publications in renowned national and international medical journals along with 7 chapters in medical text books.
- Prior to joining Artemis, he has been associated with other prestigious neurosurgical centers all over the country such as Max Institute of Neurosciences and Medanta– The Medicity.
- He is a highly recognized member of the neurological society and holds memberships of several international and national associations.
- He is a regular invitee at national and international conferences and medical seminars and has presented 40+ papers in such platforms. He also organizes workshops and CMEs for Interventional Neurology and actively takes part in wellness and awareness programs.
- Dr. (Prof.) V.S. Mehta is a leading Neurosurgeon in India and is considered among the best neurosurgeons of the world.
- He holds an experience of over 4 decades in the field and is an expert in Brachial Plexus surgery, brain stem surgery, spinal tumor surgery, brain aneurysms and brain tumor surgery.
- He has been honored with the Padma Shri for his dedication and contributions to neurosurgery and spine surgery in India.
- Currently associated with Paras Hospital in Gurgaon, Dr. Mehta had a major hand in starting the department of Neurosciences and has been serving as the Chairman of the unit since its inception.
- In Paras he has been part of the team to first use the Image Guided Brain Tumor Navigation Technology for Brain tumor surgery in India.
- He has earlier been associated with other prestigious hospitals where he has performed some of the most advanced and complex neurosurgeries.
- Dr. Mehta has been instrumental in bringing out innovative techniques in neurosurgery and has been working towards in delivering 100% accurate results with minimum complications.
- His primary area of focus lies in Brachial Plexus surgery and is considered one of the best in the procedure. He has delivered excellent results in all of his neurosurgical procedures among which brain stem tumor and aneurysms surgeries are his speciality.
- Being a pioneer in the field of neurosurgery, Dr. Mehta has numerous researches and clinical trials to his credit. His works have also been published in renowned national and international medical and scientific journals.
- With 18+ years of experience in the field of neurology, Dr Mukesh Kumar is one of the most prominent names in neuroscience, renowned for his expertise in the treatment of diseases like Myasthenia Gravis, Parkinson Disease, Botulism and Movement Disorders.
- He is Gold Medalist in MBBS from Banaras Hindu University, India.
- Dr. Ashok Hande is a renowned neurosurgeon in Mumbai with expertise in management and surgical treatment of brain stroke, skull base tumor surgery, cerebral aneurysms and neuro rehabilitation.
- He holds an experience encompassing 25+ years and holds credit of pioneering neurosurgery in Mumbai by bringing in new and advanced neurosurgical procedures for brain and spine surgery.
- He holds credit of 300 AVMs, 1400 skull base tumor surgeries, 3600 surgeries for cranial and spinal trauma, 1200 lumbar prolapsed intervertebral disc surgeries, 800 cerebral aneurysmsand more than a 100 micro vascular decompressions.
- Prior to joining Fortis, Dr. Hande has been associated with other prestigious hospitals in Mumbai including Lilavati Hospital, Jaslok Hospital and KEM Hospital where he has undertaken various spine and neurosurgery cases.
- He has been teaching under graduate and post graduate students for more than 2 decades and is currently a Professor of neurosurgery at Jaslok Hospital.
- He holds various fellowship trainings in neurosurgery from well known medical hospitals of the world and is trained in X-knife Radio surgery from USA.
- Dr. Hande has done research and has been actively involved in such activities. He has numerous publications to his credit in the form of papers, articles and abstracts in renowned national and international journals.
- He regularly gets invited to conferences and seminars as a faculty and speaker and has presented papers on neurosurgery in such forums. His works and contributions have been greatly appreciated and recognized and received awards for his dedication.
- He also takes part in workshops and medical camps in various parts of Mumbai to provide neurosurgical care to the economically backward section of the society.
Best Hospitals in India for Neurolysis Surgery
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Apollo serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, India | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital, Fortis is specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Fortis serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon | Founded by world-renowned Heart Surgeon, Dr. Naresh Trehan, Medanta has developed to one of the most reputed super-specialty hospitals in India. Medanta today serves patients from across the world for all major ailments | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital, Max New Delhi is specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Max serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon | One of the top Super-Specialty Hospitals, Artemis Hospital is often counted among the top 10 Hospitals in India. Artemis serves patients from across the world.
BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi | One of the top Super-Specialty Hospitals in Delhi, BLK serves patients from not just India, but from across the world.
Jaypee Hospital, Noida
Jaypee Hospital, Noida | Jaypee Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in Delhi NCR | Jaypee has good medical team for specialties like Cardiology, Oncology, Orthopedics etc | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Research Center, Mumbai | One of the largest super-specialty hospitals in India, Kokilaben Hospital has an excellent medical team for all major super-specialties | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, Delhi
Manipal Hospital is a new and fast growing hospitals in Delhi NCR | Manipal has good medical team for specialties like Oncology, Cardiology and CTVS, Orthopedics etc | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Paras Hospital, Gurugram
Paras Hospital is a popular hospital in Gurugram, India. Paras Hospital caters to almost all major specialties | Contact for appointment & assistance!