Profile Snapshot of Dr. Veena Kalra
- Dr. Veena Kalra is one of the renowned Pediatric Neurologists in India who has garnered much respect for her contribution to a new area of Pediatrics which is Pediatric Neurology for the country.
- She practices as a senior consultant at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- The President of India has awarded Dr. Veena Kalra three medals for her work in treating kids with critical illnesses and contributions to the field of pediatrics.
- She has a passion for Malnutrition and brain development, Neurocysticercosis, Childhood Epilepsy, Childhood Cirrhosis, Neuro Infections, and Neurometabolic & Neurogenetic disorders.
- Dr. Kalra not only treated children during her 37 years of practice, but she also gained experience in teaching and leading the Pediatric department.
- Dr. Veena Kalra contributed significantly towards the research on Indian childhood cirrhosis, neurocysticercosis, learning disabilities, epilepsies, neurometabolic and neurogenetic illnesses, and lead poisoning.
Dr. Veena Kalra’s Expertise
- ABA Therapy
- Allergy Testing
- Congenital Disorders Evaluation / Treatment
- Corpus Callosotomy
- Development Assessment EEG
- Fractures and other injuries Treatment in children
- Growth & Development Evaluation / Management
- Health Checkup (Pediatric)
- Infectious Disease Treatment
- Laboratory & Metabolic Testing
- Multiple Subpial Transections
- New Born Care
- Psychometric Evaluation
- Temporal Lobectomy
- Tonsillitis Treatment
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation
- Viral Fever Treatment
Work Experience of Dr. Veena Kalra
- Overall 37 years of experience
- Senior Consultant – Pediatric Neurology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- Prof. & Head of Deptt. (Pediatrics), AIIMS
Dr. Veena Kalra's Qualifications
- MD Pediatrics
Memberships of Dr. Veena Kalra
- National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP)
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- International Child Neurology Association
- Asian and Oceanian Child Neurology Association
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Veena Kalra
- Maulana Azad Alumunus Award
- Kanishka Shiromani Award
- Pediatric & neurology alumni Award
- Research award from JCN (Japan)
- Lead pollution research expert for Ministry of Health & FW, Science &
- Technology, ICMR, MCI, NAMS & others
- Launched India’s only three-year pediatric neurology residency program (DM)
- Pfizer Scroll of Honour
- Sorell Katherine Award by AIIMS, New Delhi
- WHO Research Training Grant Award
- Award by Cambridge University, U.K.
- St Achar Endowment Award for Best Clinical Research by IAP
- Kanishka Award for Medical Education