Dr. Rakesh Chopra
Director, Medical Oncology & Hematology
CK Birla Hospital, Gurgaon
Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital, Vasant Kunj
- Dr. Rakesh Chopra is a well known Medical Oncologist with national and international repute as one of the best in the treatment of all types of blood cancers including leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and bone marrow transplant.
- He has been working in the field of Medical oncology for over 40 years during which he has been a part of some of the best cancer hospitals of the world.
- His specialization lies in blood cancer and also provides treatment for solid cancers of the breasts, lungs, prostate, colon and GI.
- He has been part of the extensive team of oncologists who has worked hard to provide the best cancer treatment facilities in India by using the new and advanced techniques of cancer detection and treatment.
- His expertise lies in Chemotherapy and targeted chemotherapy and also in endoscopy colonoscopy, proctosigmoidoscopy and sigmoidoscopy in order for detection of colon and GI cancers.
- He received his oncology training from some of the most reputed institutes of the world that includes- Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, Memorial Sloan Kettering Institute and Jewish Long Island Hospital in New York.
- Dr. Chopra has spent more than 40 years as a teacher and trainer for medical oncology students in some of the best institutes of India like Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Armed Forces Medical College, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital and Paras Hospital.
- He has held several prestigious positions throughout his career and is currently serving as the Director and Head of the Medical Oncology, Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant division of the Artemis Cancer Institute.
- He actively supports cancer awareness programs and conducts regular workshops and seminars for creating awareness on the various types of cancers.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Advanced Chemotherapy, Targeted Chemotherapy
- Blood cancers- Leukemia, Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma and other blood disorders
- Solid cancers- lungs, breast, prostate, colon, Gastro intestinal
- Endoscopy, colonoscopy, proctosigmoidoscopy and sigmoidoscopy
- Palliative cancer treatment and care
- Director, Medical Oncology & Hemato Oncology, CK Birla Hospital, Gurgaon
- Consultant, Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
- Director of Medical Oncology, Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Senior Director and Head of Medical Oncology and Hematology at Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon
- Chief Clinical Coordinator of Oncology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Chief of Oncology at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Honorary Adjunct Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Nebraska Medical Centre, USA
- MBBS at Delhi University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- MD in Medicine from the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- DM in Medical Oncology
- Fellowship from Varoon Mahajan Foundation (Bone Marrow Transplant) at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, USA
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Delhi Medical Association
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Society of Oncology, Founder Member
- Indian Association of Cancer Chemotherapeutics
- International Gynecologic Oncology Society
Awards and Recognitions
- Founder Member of the Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- Founder Member of Indian Cooperative Oncology Network
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Clinical Oncology