Designation of Dr. Rakesh Chopra
Dr. Rakesh Chopra
Director – Medical Oncology & Hematology
CK Birla Hospital, Gurugram
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rakesh Chopra
- Dr. Rakesh Chopra is a well-known Medical Oncologist with national and international repute as one of the best in the treatment of all types of blood cancers including leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma, and bone marrow transplant.
- He has been working in the field of Medical Oncology for over 40 years during which he has been a part of some of the best cancer hospitals in the world.
- His specialization lies in blood cancer and also provides treatment for solid cancers of the breasts, lungs, prostate, colon, and GI.
- Dr. Rakesh Chopra has been part of an extensive team of oncologists who have worked hard to provide the best cancer treatment facilities in India by using the new and advanced techniques of cancer detection and treatment.
- Dr. Rakesh Chopra’s expertise lies in Chemotherapy and targeted chemotherapy and also in endoscopy colonoscopy, proctosigmoidoscopy, and sigmoidoscopy in order to detection of colon and GI cancers.
- He received his oncology training from some of the most reputed institutes in the world that including- Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, Memorial Sloan Kettering Institute, and Jewish Long Island Hospital in New York.
- Dr. Chopra has spent more than 40 years as a teacher and trainer for medical oncology students in some of the best institutes of India like Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Armed Forces Medical College, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, and Paras Hospital.
- He has held several prestigious positions throughout his career and is currently serving as the Director and Head of the Medical Oncology, Hematology, and Bone Marrow Transplant division of the Artemis Cancer Institute.
- Dr. Rakesh Chopra actively supports cancer awareness programs and conducts regular workshops and seminars for creating awareness of the various types of cancers.
Dr. Rakesh Chopra’s Expertise
- Advanced Chemotherapy, Targeted Chemotherapy
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood cancers- Leukemia, Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, and other blood disorders
- Solid cancers- lungs, breast, prostate, colon, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, colonoscopy, proctosigmoidoscopy, and sigmoidoscopy
- Palliative cancer treatment and care
Work Experience of Dr. Rakesh Chopra
- Director, Medical Oncology & Hemato Oncology, CK Birla Hospital, Gurugram
- Consultant, Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
- Director of Medical Oncology, Hematology, and Bone Marrow Transplant at Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- Senior Director and Head of Medical Oncology and Hematology at Paras Hospitals, Gurugram
- Chief Clinical Coordinator of Oncology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Chief of Oncology at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Honorary Adjunct Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Nebraska Medical Centre, USA
Dr. Rakesh Chopra’s Qualifications
- MBBS at Delhi University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- MD in Medicine from the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- DM in Medical Oncology
- Fellowship from Varoon Mahajan Foundation (Bone Marrow Transplant) at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, USA
Memberships of Dr. Rakesh Chopra
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Delhi Medical Association
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Society of Oncology, Founder Member
- Indian Association of Cancer Chemotherapeutics
- International Gynecologic Oncology Society
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Rakesh Chopra
- Founder Member of the Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- Founder Member of Indian Cooperative Oncology Network
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Clinical Oncology