- Dr. Rahul Modgi is a highly established neuro and spine surgeon in Mumbai specializing in all types of brain and spine surgeries.
- He has been in the field of neurosurgery for more than a decade and has performed over 3000 surgeries for various types of neurological diseases and disorders.
- His expertise lies in brain and spine tumor surgeries, neuro spine trauma surgery, peripheral nerve surgery for entrapments, endoscopic neurosurgery, brain aneurysms, AVMs and vascular neurosurgery.
- His name has been recorded in the Limca Book of Records in 2014 when he removed the heaviest iron rod from the brain of a 17 year old patient. He has also performed various other risky surgeries for which he has been greatly appreciated.
- Dr. Modgi holds memberships of various prestigious medical associations and is regularly invited to attend the annual meetings and conferences. He is also a regular invitee to seminars and scientific meetings where he has presented papers and delivered lectures on neurosurgery.
- He is actively involved in research and has written numerous papers, abstracts and articles on various aspects of neurosurgery which have been published in renowned medical journals of the world.
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery- entrapment and tumor
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Varicose veins surgery
- Cervical and Lumbar Spine surgery
- Vascular Neurosurgery for stroke
- Brain aneurysms and AVMs
- Endoscopic Neurosurgery
- Micro Neurosurgery for brain and spine tumors
- Surgery for Degenerative spine disorders
- Surgical treatment for Cerebella Hemagioblastoma, Medulloblastoma and Lumbar Epidural cyst
- Consultant of Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery at Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai, Presently
- Consultant of Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery at Sri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust Hospital, Shirdi, Maharashtra
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and General Hospital, Sion
- Clinical Assistant for Neurosurgery at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai
- Senior Resident at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir J J Hospital, Mumbai
- MS in General Surgery from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and General Hospital, Sion
- DNB in General Surgery from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and General Hospital, Sion
- DNB in Neurosurgery from Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai
- MCh in Neurosurgery from Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai
- Fellow of the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai
- Fellowship training in Micro vascular, Advanced and Specialized Neurosurgery from Fujita Health University, Japan
- Fellowship Program in Endoscopic Neurology from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur
- Neurological Society of India
- Neuro-spinal Surgeons Association
- Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- World Endoscopic Spine Society
- Bombay Neurosciences Association
- Indian Medical Association (New Delhi Branch)
Awards and Recognitions
- Received the Padma Bhushan Dr. Ramamurthi Gold Medal, Dr. Dipak l Kothari Gold Medal and Dr. L R Patel Gold Medal
- Listed in Limca Book of Records for “removing heaviest iron rod from the brain” in 2014
- Awarded the B Braum Scholarship in 2005
- Awarded the R D Birla Scholarship in 2009
- Received the Late Vasantrao Gupte Puraskar in 2014