- Dr. Uma Mallaiah is a well-known skilled Ophthalmologist and General Physician with 23 years of clinical experience. Having attained her educational qualifications from renowned national and international medical institutions, she holds expertise in a number of procedures including Glaucoma treatment, Ectropion, Entropion, Lasik surgery, Phacoemulsification Surgery (MICS), Refractive Surgery as well as Evisceration with Orbital Implant.
- Throughout her career, Dr. Mallaiah is credited with successfully performing 3500 cataract surgeries and 500 glaucoma surgeries. She has also worked with Apollo to set up an Eye Department in Dubai.
- Apart from this, she has also been involved in corporate and international marketing along with organizing camps at the American embassy, Hero Honda and Indian Oil Corporation.
- MBBS from Bangalore University (1994)
- DNB from Cristan Medical College (1997)
- FRCS from London, UK
- Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
Awards & Recognitions
- Award for best research presentation in the Northern Region, United Kingdom.
- Distinction in Ophthalmology in 4th year Medical School
- Multiple Bilateral Eyelid Apocrine Hidrocystomas and Ectodermal Dysplasia U Mallaiah, AJ Dickinson – Archives of Ophthalmology, Vol 119(12); December 2001
- Levator Involvement in Thyroid Eye Disease U Mallaiah, D Ahkine, AJ Dickinson – Accepted subject to revision, Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Conjunctival Xanthochromia U Mallaiah, AJ Dickinson – Submitted to Eye
- Pterygium Surgery: Outcomes using a free Conjunctival Autograft, Research Paper U Mallaiah, K Mitchell, FC Figueiredo – Submitted to BJO