Designation of Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas
Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas
Senior Director & HOD – Surgical Oncology & Robotic Surgery
BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas
- Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas is a well-known surgical oncologist with experience in the treatment of cancers affecting the head, neck, and thorax regions.
- He has over 10 years of experience in the field and has performed more than 8000 head, neck, and thoracic cancer surgeries.
- He also performs Robotic surgery and computer-assisted thoracoscopic surgeries along with surgery for skull base, oral cavity, esophagus, lungs, and thyroid cancers.
- Dr. Surender Dabas has been instrumental in introducing Trans Oral Robotic Surgery in India which is used in the treatment of patients suffering from HPV-negative cancers.
- He has performed the largest number of Trans oral Robotic surgery for laryngeal and oropharyngeal cancers in entire Asia
- Dr. Dabas is actively involved with Anti-Tobacco campaigns and regularly takes part in Cancer Awareness workshops and programs.
- He regularly conducts workshops through the Spring Hope Cancer Care Foundation that help poor people by providing free cancer screening and diagnostic treatments.
- He has worked as a Surgical Oncologist in prestigious hospitals in the country and has also trained young surgeons in the field.
- A member of renowned medical associations, Dr. Dabas has numerous publications in national and international journals to his credit.
Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas’ Expertise
- Onco surgery for oral cavity, skull base, thyroid, parathyroid, larynx, pharynx, esophagus, lungs, and mediastinum cancers
- Robotic and Computer Assisted thoracoscopic surgery
- Surgery for head and neck and thoracoscopic cancers
- Trans Oral Robotic surgery
Work Experience of Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas
- Presently working as a Senior Director & HOD in Surgical Oncology at BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi, India
- Director of Surgical Oncology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- Consultant and Chief of Head & Neck Oncology and Robotic Surgery at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi from 2011 to 2016
- Clinical Assistant of Surgical Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, 2011
- Managing Editor of the Asian Journal of Oncology
Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas’ Qualifications
- MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- MS in General Surgery from Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi
- DNB in Surgical Oncology from National Board of Education, New Delhi
- Fellowship in Robotic Skull base surgery and Head & Neck Surgery from M D Anderson Cancer Centre, USA
- Fellowship in Robotic Thyroid and Neck Surgery from South Korea
Memberships of Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas
- Foundation of Head-Neck Oncology (FHNO)
- International Guild of Robotic and Endoscopic Head & Neck Surgeons
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)