Profile Snapshot of Dr. Sanjay Dhawan
- Dr. Sanjay Dhawan is one of the best ophthalmologists in Gurugram who was awarded the Delhi University Gold Medal by the Former President of India Shri K R Narayanan, for being the best candidate in MS (Ophthalmology) for the year 1995.
- In 1998 he was appointed as Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Nepal, and associated Himalaya Eye Hospital, a project of FECH of The Netherlands.
- Dr. Dhawan was also among the first to popularize the technique of SICS for mass application in New Delhi, and he probably was also the first to introduce a modified Topical Anesthesia to perform SICS. The large-scale surgical experience helped him refine the surgeries of Phacoemulsification, MICS (Phakonit), LASIK, Supra-Whitnall’s Resection of LPS for Ptosis, etc.
- He is also a member of various national and international professional organizations for ophthalmology
- Dr. Sanjay Dhawan is also an expert and advisor in Opthalmology to several media houses and publications.
Work Experience of Dr. Sanjay Dhawan
- Director & Head of the Department – Ophthalmology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- Medical Director at Vasan Eye Care, New Delhi
- HOD (Ophthalmology) at Max Hospital, New Delhi
- Asst. Professor of Ophthalmology at Manipal College and Medical Sciences, Nepal
- Senior Eye surgeon in Lion’s Hospital, Delhi
Dr. Sanjay Dhawan’s Qualifications
- MS (Ophthalmology) from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi; 1992 -1995
- DO (Ophthalmology) from (MAMC), New Delhi; 1990 -1992
- M.B.B.S from (MAMC), New Delhi; 1983 -1988
Memberships of Dr. Sanjay Dhawan
- All India Ophthalmological Society
- Delhi Ophthalmology Society
- Haryana Ophthalmology Society
- Indian Medical Association
- Delhi Medical Association
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Sanjay Dhawan
- University Gold Medal for MS (Ophthalmology), Delhi University (1995) awarded by Shri K R Narayanan, Former Hon.President of India