Profile Snapshot of Dr. S K S Marya
- Dr. S K S Marya is a highly renowned and acclaimed Orthopedic Surgeon in India and has performed over 15,000 joint replacement surgeries till date.
- He is one of the most experienced orthopedic surgeons specializing in joint replacement surgery of upper and lower limb joints (both primary and revision) and Trauma management according to AO principles.
- Dr. Marya has been in the field of orthopedics and joint replacement surgery for over 30 years now and has taken up numerous complex cases and performed surgeries with successful results.
- His surgical career in numbers is quite high with 3500 simultaneous knee replacement surgeries and over 3000 hip replacement surgeries.
- Dr. Marya has been instrumental in introducing Computer Assisted Knee and Hip Replacement surgery and holds expertise in Unicompartmental replacement surgery.
- He trained in reputed orthopedic institutes of the world under the best surgeons and has brought his skills and knowledge to India.
- He has been an excellent student and received numerous awards and fellowships during his academics.
- Dr. S K S Marya is a well-known name in the world of Orthopedics and an esteemed member of several medical associations. He has more than 90 publications in renowned national and international journals.
- He regularly gets invited to present and speak at conferences and seminars across the world and holds the credit for conducting more than 280 lectures worldwide.
Dr. S K S Marya’s Expertise
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery
- Joint Replacement surgery for upper and lower limbs
- Reconstructive surgeries for complex fractures and trauma
- Primary and Revision surgery of knee and hip
- Computer-Assisted Knee and Hip Replacement
- Unicompartmental replacement surgery
- Hip and Knee resurfacing
- Trauma management
Work Experience of Dr. S K S Marya
- Chairman & Chief Surgeon – Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement, Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi (current position)
- Chairman of Bone and Joint Institute and Hip and Knee Replacements surgeon at Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram
- Director and Chairman of Orthopedics at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- Director of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Lecturer and Consultant of Orthopedics at University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Dr. S K S Marya’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak in 1981
- MS in Orthopedics from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh in 1984
- DNB in Orthopedics from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi in 1985
- MCh in Orthopedics from the University of Liverpool, UK in 1991
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Fellowship of the International College of Surgeons, USA
- AO Trauma Fellowship, Switzerland
Memberships of Dr. S K S Marya
- Former President, Indian Orthopedic Association
- Former President, Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Arthroplasty Society of Asia
- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society
- President of India and SAARC for International Congress of Joint Reconstruction
- Former Chairman, International Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (SICOT)
- Indo-German Orthopedic Foundation
Training done by Dr. S K S Marya
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- Charnley Hip Centre, Wrightington, England
- Michael Resse Hospital and Medical Centre, Chicago
- Napean Joint Replacement Centre, Australia